+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

Sonata

Oct 11, 2017
Ontario
Hi guys,

I need your help please, I landed in Canada Sept 2013 and went back to my home country for 220 days till the 1st of May 2014 when I came back to Canada and settled . If I want to apply next month(15th December to be exact), do I need a police certificate from my home country?

Petmalulodi

Nov 17, 2017
Hi guys,

I need your help please, I landed in Canada Sept 2013 and went back to my home country for 220 days till the 1st of May 2014 when I came back to Canada and settled . If I want to apply next month(15th December to be exact), do I need a police certificate from my home country?
Hi there,
Yes, you need a police cert from your home country because you stayed there for 183 days or more

Reactions: Sonata

abbas1349

Apr 7, 2017
HI , i have question regarding filling item 10 (Addresses) of citizenship form .
i landed and became permanent Resident in 14,Dec,2014 and stayed in Canada 3 years in row , so i am eligible on 14,Dec,2017 .
but Residency Calculator tell me my eligibility period starts from 14,Dec,2012.
should i give my address outside Canada during 14,Dec,2012 to 14,Dec,2014?
i was not permanent resident at that period
thanks

Last edited:

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Anyone with a better and detailed explanation of what this entails?

• collect the social insurance numbers (SIN) of citizenship applicants as part of their application for citizenship;
  • with the consent of the applicant, directly verify the tax filing history and residency information of citizenship applicants through the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) secure Income Verification Program (IVP)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
i landed and became permanent Resident in 14,Dec,2014 and stayed in Canada 3 years in row , so i am eligible on 14,Dec,2017 .
but Residency Calculator tell me my eligibility period starts from 14,Dec,2012.
should i give my address outside Canada during 14,Dec,2012 to 14,Dec,2014?
i was not permanent resident at that period
Follow the instructions. The instructions specify that the "Eligibility Period" is the five years prior to the date the citizenship application is made.

Address and work history require the applicant to declare all addresses, and all employment, in and outside Canada, for the "eligibility period," which, again, is the FIVE YEARS preceding the date of the application.

Similarly when completing the online presence calculation: applicant is clearly, unequivocally instructed to declare all time periods outside Canada for the full five year eligibility period.

IRCC may modify this in a future revision of the application form and/or presence calculator. There are fair arguments why it SHOULD work in a way to not require reporting for periods prior to having status in Canada. But for now the instructions are clear, and it is almost always best to follow the instructions.

IRCC may even accept and process applications even if the applicant failed to report address, work, or time abroad information for periods prior to obtaining status in Canada. That is possible. Perhaps to some extent even likely. But for now the instructions are clear, to report the full five years, and it is almost always best to follow the instructions.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, does tax filing date matter for citizenship applicaiton? I filed two of my taxes after April 30th? I didnt owe any thing to CRA since i was student for that years.

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Hi, does tax filing date matter for citizenship applicaiton? I filed two of my taxes after April 30th? I didnt owe any thing to CRA since i was student for that years.
The dates should not matter as long as you have filled them and have the paperwork to prove it.

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
I apologize in advance if this question is answered.

For Q.11
1. Do we need to include postal code in the address?
2. I am able to fill out the work and education history but when it comes to "where were you physcially located" - do i need to put the address of the education/employment location or where i was living?

Thanks in advance

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

If you are applying on 15th Dec 2017- You WOULD NOT need PCC. Since you would spent only 137 days in your home country during your eligibility period.

Reactions: Sonata

user222

Aug 16, 2017
Hi

Someone who applied for Canadian citizenship can they travel with their PR to other countries while they are waiting for their citizenship to go through or they should not leave Canada while their citizenship application is in progress?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Hi

Someone who applied for Canadian citizenship can they travel with their PR to other countries while they are waiting for their citizenship to go through or they should not leave Canada while their citizenship application is in progress?
You can travel. IRCC's webpage mentions to advise them if you're leaving for more than 2 weeks. Also, it's best if someone can regularly check your snail mailbox in your absence, in case you get a test or oath invite. ECAS usually reflects it too, but not always accurate.