C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
If I want to assign a family member as a representative so she can get info while I am outside Canada, should I wait for AOR or I can send it anytime? If so, where should I send it and on the form to assign a rep, what should I mention when is asks to which office I had sent the application?
You cannot change anything about your application until you received AOR. If you send the form now it will end up in some pile that won't even be looked at before your application gets AOR.

The office you sent the application to is the office you sent the application to. What did you write on the envelope? It's that easy. :)

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
The biographical pages are enough. The document checklist is clear about that.

They are verifying your travel history with the CBSA records. They don't use the stamps as the main source. In fact, PRs passports aren't even stamped all the time when re-entering Canada. It only depends on the mood of the officer and also if you use a kiosk or not.

You only need to provide Passport stamps if they ask you later. This could be the case if there are questions about your exit dates from Canada which are not recorded by CBSA in most circumstances.
I understand what you're saying, but you will eliminate any questions whatsoever if you just give them all the documents. I made a video about this explaining my thoughts behind it here:

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I understand what you're saying, but you will eliminate any questions whatsoever if you just give them all the documents. I made a video about this explaining my thoughts behind it here:
There is an ongoing discussion in this forum if one should bombard IRCC with unasked documents or not. There are, in fact reports of people who submitted their passport stamp copies with their application and were then later issued a Residency Questionnaire and had to submit copies of the stamps with that RQ. The stamps submitted earlier were simply ignored since they weren't required at the time.

There are some (very respected) forum members who even go as far as saying that adding too many documents might delay your application since they might raise additional questions or at least mean work work for the case worker.

I am not saying I know it better. I just want to point out that there are arguments to make why it is good to submit unasked documents and there are arguments to make why it is bad to submit unasked documents.

I recommend to only submit what is asked but to be clear I totally acknowledge that your recommendation is just as valid.

Good work with the videos btw!

Zaraali

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Hi,

In the minor's application in

Question 9 C : Canada Revenue Agency (Complete this section if you answered "YES" to Section 6, Question J)

However there is no Section 6 in the whole application and there is no Question J

What should be done?

TIA

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Correct, however, how are they going to verify your entries and leavings? Just to be safe, my wife and I sent them EVERYTHING. We figured it goes well with the Physical Presence Calculator form... oh, and my wife is an immigration consultant.

I did same , I included all the stamped pages of my passport and family members , don't wanted to take risk

Reactions: ibry

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
I have to LOL this one, so:LOL
Well it ain't as dumb as it sounds, as the little boxes are actually open (i.e., not blocked-out or protected by the Form's designer(s)/checker(s)/vetter(s)) to be typed into by the applicant.

Last edited:

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
I will be submitting copies of all my passport stamps as I have been travelling a lot. Want to be safe than sorry.

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Well it ain't as dumb as it sounds, as the little boxes are actually open (i.e., not blocked-out or protected by the Form's designer(s)/checker(s)/vetter(s)) to be typed into by the applicant.
I didn't say it is dumb don't be defensive(even though you described it as such:"A dumb question:"). It's is just interesting to see how differently people behave when it comes down to dealing with the government's "scary bureaucracy". Even though it clearly states: "For office use only", you are still not sure if you should do it or not.
Same with people that decide to send out copies of ALL pages of their passport even though they were specifically asked not to by using a very clear description:"Biographical pages".There are many examples in this forum for people that were told by the IRCC officer that them sending more documents postponed their application by a year,and yet people disregard those real life scenarios.

Last edited:

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Same with people that decide to send out copies of ALL pages of their passport even though they were specifically asked not to by using a very clear description:"Biographical pages".
Well, either way, time will tell... I will let you guys know what happens with my application. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I will continue to help others with questions as much as I can.

Reactions: ibry

avigtr

Jan 11, 2012
Well, either way, time will tell... I will let you guys know what happens with my application. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I will continue to help others with questions as much as I can.
No one is offended here it's just a forum ;) Good luck

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
One question about the Physical Presence Calculator: when indicating the "reason" for a trip, did you also specify the destination of the trip?

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
is there a '' between'' client id number? Do i have to put in the number, or just straight forward number. I am sorry, I am being very particular.

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, i have a question. I am applying for two things these days, spousal sponsorship and my own citizenship - can i include the same email on both applications? I am getting confused

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
If one doesn't use a courier but simply mails the Application to the IRCC's regular mail PO Box 7000 in Sydney NS in a Canada Post ExpressPost envelope with a signature-on-delivery request, will the IRCC/CIC worker who collects the mail from that box routinely go inside the post office with the little card that was in the PO Box in order to pick up & sign for the envelope, or should it have originally been mailed to the IRCC's stated address for couriered applications?