+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

garyzhao

Dec 8, 2016
A question about Q12b. My eligibility period is from 2012 to 2017. But I was not in Canada during 2012 at all. (I did a 2 days' short landing on Canada in 2010 and went back to my country till 2013) .
So can anyone tell me how I should mark "Required to file" under such circumstance? yes or no?

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
One question about the Physical Presence Calculator: when indicating the "reason" for a trip, did you also specify the destination of the trip?
No ,need to to mention destination ,
just country name is enough which you already selected in drop box

in reason you mention , like For Vacation ,family visit Etc.

Good Luck

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Hi, can i pay my application fees with for citizienship, I have a refund in progress for CIC - Can I still pay CIC again - different amount for my citizenship application?

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
If one doesn't use a courier but simply mails the Application to the IRCC's regular mail PO Box 7000 in Sydney NS in a Canada Post ExpressPost envelope with a signature-on-delivery request, will the IRCC/CIC worker who collects the mail from that box routinely go inside the post office with the little card that was in the PO Box in order to pick up & sign for the envelope, or should it have originally been mailed to the IRCC's stated address for couriered applications?
I don't know about mailing regular mail but I do know that we paid extra to have Canada Post require CIC to sign for the package once it had been delivered. We were then able to track and see that they had infact received the package. Maybe someone else can give advice on the regular mail procedure.

arleneramiro

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
Hello everyone,
I have completed and signed my application form. However, I have a couple of question:
1. For Q10 and Q11, while filling out the form online, you have to indicate the day, month and year. When I printed out the form, it only showed month and year. Is it how everyone else here is showing too? How will they know if there was no gap if the printed out form only shows month and year?
2. For q9, I answered YES for temporary resident, should I just include the date starting on my eligibility period or should I input the date as what is showing on my work permit?

Thank you so much for your inputs! Good luck!

sandra001

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2015
Doc's Request.
October 28th, PCC. Doc. received by CIO Nov. 9th.
Nomination.....
January 14, 2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
Med's Request
September 10, 2015.
Med's Done....
Sept. 21th, 2015., Med. received Oct. 29th, 2015.
Passport Req..
Feb. 9th, 2016.
LANDED..........
Inland
I've seen the guide, that's why I'm asking. There's no much difference between general or academic, except that academic is harder to get scores. I don't see why wouldn't be accepted..
I'm not sure about CELPIP either..

Didi17

Nov 17, 2017
If there is overlap, then it is fine. Some people do multiple jobs at the same time. It's better to disclose. Just make sure your tax papers show the same.

Another example is for addresses. For example, if you live in one address is 2 years, say March 2013 to March 2015. The second address is April 2015 to present. The way you write the first address is 2013/03 to 2015/03. The second address is 2015/03 to PRESENT.

There has to be absolutely NO GAPS in your timeline. Thankfully we only have to mention Month and year and not the actual dates.

Good luck with your application :)
Hi.. Do you rather mean "the second address is 2015/04 to PRESENT"?

ray1022

Oct 12, 2017
For Q.11 - Do we need to add Postal code in (Where were you physically located? Address (number and street name)

punk

Feb 15, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am filling up the citizenship form and need help with regard to immigration status in the form since I am confused between permit and visa.

I came as a student then got a work visa and then PR. Here is the situation

- If I got my visa with 1st March written on it but I used it on 1st April I should write 1st April right? Permits are more accurate representations of time than visa. Same goes for PR since I didn't claim my PR for a week or so.

- My Student visa expired on 15 April, and I received my work visa on 15 May. In the meanwhile I had my work permit so should I write the date I received my work visa or work permit? In terms of the visa, there is a gap of a month while I was in Canada.

Spbg

Nov 19, 2017
Hi everyone!
I have a quick question regarding police certificate. The document checklist says that a person should provide it in case he spent a total of 183 days or more in another country in the FOUR yrs immediately before the date of application. 4 yrs ago ( November 2013 ) I still lived in my home country and landed in Canada on July 2014. Do I still need to provide the certificate?

Thanks a lot!