+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

C-6 Citizenship Applications, Frequently Asked Questions

the_lion

May 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thankyou guys :), this forum has been really helpful to me. Thankyou again, do we have to declare our unpaid internship during the eligiblity period? It was all unpaid, i just went there to learn things.
Yup.. Leave no gaps please. In case you were dong something else during that period of unpaid internship and want to call that out, I would suggest to mention that too!

ChippyBoy

Dec 5, 2016
A dumb question: I've found my UCI number no problem, but what is the "Certificate number" asking for in the top-right-hand corner of the 1st page of the citizenship application form?

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
If I want to assign a family member as a representative so she can get info while I am outside Canada, should I wait for AOR or I can send it anytime? If so, where should I send it and on the form to assign a rep, what should I mention when is asks to which office I had sent the application?

uncomfortable

May 11, 2017
I have a question/curiosity about the citizenship process.
Does anyone know why applications are all received at one centralized location (also located at one extreme end of the country, but that's another issue) and, after AORs, they are assigned to local offices? Since there seems to be significant differences in the speed of application processing, and the interaction between IRCC and applicants occurs mainly via email or phone, I can't understand why the pre-exam processing isn't done in a centralized location, where for sure it would be possible to allocate resources more efficiently.

Anybody knows the reason? Am I missing something?

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I have a question/curiosity about the citizenship process.
Does anyone know why applications are all received at one centralized location (also located at one extreme end of the country, but that's another issue) and, after AORs, they are assigned to local offices? Since there seems to be significant differences in the speed of application processing, and the interaction between IRCC and applicants occurs mainly via email or phone, I can't understand why the pre-exam processing isn't done in a centralized location, where for sure it would be possible to allocate resources more efficiently.

Anybody knows the reason? Am I missing something?
It is a waste country, you can’t concentrate all jobs in the big cities. Government supports local economy.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
The document checklist says "photocopies of biographic pages of passport and/or travel document". Is the PR card a travel document? What about the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR)? I think the CoPR is NOT a travel doc as "Not for Travel" is printed on it, but I'm not sure about the PR card...

Sorry if someone asked about this before.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
I created a video with the answer for Question 9c, which was a suggestion that came from a CIC agent:

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
The document checklist says "photocopies of biographic pages of passport and/or travel document". Is the PR card a travel document? What about the Confirmation of Permanent Residency (CoPR)? I think the CoPR is NOT a travel doc as "Not for Travel" is printed on it, but I'm not sure about the PR card...

Sorry if someone asked about this before.
This question simply means you need to copy ALL OF THE PAGES of your passport or travel document (which is usually a passport) and send that to CIC. The PR card, nor the CoPR are considered travel documents... the PR card is simply used to get back in the country (only identifies you as a permanent resident of Canada.)

Last edited:

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This question simply means you need to copy ALL OF THE PAGES of your passport or travel document (which is usually a passport) and send that to CIC.
Wait, what? I thought "biographical pages" mean only the pages with your name, date of birth, passport No., issue/expiry date etc.???

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Wait, what? I thought "biographical pages" mean only the pages with your name, date of birth, passport No., issue/expiry date etc.???
Correct, however, how are they going to verify your entries and leavings? Just to be safe, my wife and I sent them EVERYTHING. We figured it goes well with the Physical Presence Calculator form... oh, and my wife is an immigration consultant.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
The biographical pages are enough. The document checklist is clear about that.

Correct, however, how are they going to verify your entries and leavings? Just to be safe, my wife and I sent them EVERYTHING. We figured it goes well with the Physical Presence Calculator form... oh, and my wife is an immigration consultant.
They are verifying your travel history with the CBSA records. They don't use the stamps as the main source. In fact, PRs passports aren't even stamped all the time when re-entering Canada. It only depends on the mood of the officer and also if you use a kiosk or not.

You only need to provide Passport stamps if they ask you later. This could be the case if there are questions about your exit dates from Canada which are not recorded by CBSA in most circumstances.