+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Yes, I already got my PR and My BOWP got cancelled by CIC as I got PR approved before the processing of BOWP.

In your case, You can continue to work with expired SIN when you are in implied status. My SIN got expired on July 31st and I got New SIN on Aug 28th only during landing interview. So I worked around a month with expired SIN. There is no issue with that if you are in implied status.

I am not sure about driving license.

Thanks
Yes, I already got my PR and My BOWP got cancelled by CIC as I got PR approved before the processing of BOWP.

In your case, You can continue to work with expired SIN when you are in implied status. My SIN got expired on July 31st and I got New SIN on Aug 28th only during landing interview. So I worked around a month with expired SIN. There is no issue with that if you are in implied status.

I am not sure about driving license.

Thanks
Hi,

Were you in implied status when you got approved for you PR? Thanks for your reply .

Eisuk

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
What is the chance to get BOWP if my current work permit is a CLOSED one (not related to my EE submission, I qualify under CEC)?

AKamz

Jan 12, 2018
Hi there,
Can someone please help me. Urgently need some advise:
Here is the situation: I applied for PR under CEC 4 days back and my open work permit expires August 20 days. That means I need to apply for BOWP before July 20 but I am not able to apply using cic online account. When I answer the questionnaire it only gives me TRV form in document checklist and not 5710, the form for BWOP.
I was reading other forums, it looks like I can not apply for BOWP online? Is that true? Seems unlikely but really confused. Is there anyone who has applied for BOWP online? PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you and blessings in advance :(

vikcad

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Hi there,
Can someone please help me. Urgently need some advise:
Here is the situation: I applied for PR under CEC 4 days back and my open work permit expires August 20 days. That means I need to apply for BOWP before July 20 but I am not able to apply using cic online account. When I answer the questionnaire it only gives me TRV form in document checklist and not 5710, the form for BWOP.
I was reading other forums, it looks like I can not apply for BOWP online? Is that true? Seems unlikely but really confused. Is there anyone who has applied for BOWP online? PLEASE HELP ME. Thank you and blessings in advance :(
You can apply online. Please go through these links as you might be choosing the wrong option as I faced the same situation

OR

Reactions: AKamz

Eisuk

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Guys,

Can someone please explain what is the idea behind getting bridging OPEN work permit under "the same employer"? What makes it OPEN if one gets a condition of employment restriction.

Thanks!

Savtodd

May 27, 2018
Hey everyone,

Any update on BOWP processing times? I applied inland June 1st 2019 and still no response (today is Sept 10th), it's been over 100 days. Anyone else in the same boat? Should I contact IRCC?

Thanks!

Jimmy101

Sep 23, 2018
Hey. My current WP is die to expire on 28th Sept 2019. I applied for PR(paper) on 14th July.
I am an AINP nominee.
Im still waiting for my AoR, and was planning on applying for my BOWP via Paper, but they havesince shutthat down and its only online applications now. Whatsmy best way of applying?

leo.rpa

Aug 13, 2019
Guys, I have been reading lots of answers in this forum but could anyone help me. If I submit my PR application under CEC. How long it takes to receive the AOR? Is that automatically after submitting my PR application? I think I am quite confused. Thank you

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Guys, I have been reading lots of answers in this forum but could anyone help me. If I submit my PR application under CEC. How long it takes to receive the AOR? Is that automatically after submitting my PR application? I think I am quite confused. Thank you
Yup automatic and it arrives for most immediately from what I understand. Mine e arrived immediately

Reactions: leo.rpa