+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

AlexMorris

Dec 7, 2018
Hi all,

I need to extend my open work permit. I received the AOR letter for express entry. For the form IMM 5710 I need some answers.

What should I choose for the question(3. Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for) from following answers.
1.A work permit with the same employer
2.An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3.Restoration of your status as a worker
4.An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

Also this is what I should pay, is that right?
Work Permit1$155$155
Biometrics Fee1$85$85
Open Work Permit Holder Fee1$100$100
Anyone

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Hi all,

I need to extend my open work permit. I received the AOR letter for express entry. For the form IMM 5710 I need some answers.

What should I choose for the question(3. Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for) from following answers.
1.A work permit with the same employer
2.An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
3.Restoration of your status as a worker
4.An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

Also this is what I should pay, is that right?
Work Permit1$155$155
Biometrics Fee1$85$85
Open Work Permit Holder Fee1$100$100
Is your current Visa tied to an employer or not ?
If you have an open work permit, even a WHV, you select initial or new employer.
If your current Visa is tied to an employer then you have to select the same employer option.
3. Is when you've already lost your right to work because you didn't fill the application in time
4. Is for specific case when you would normally not be accepted at the border but can claim a TRV.

As for the fees, I believe they are correct

ksidhu11

Apr 21, 2015
Hi All,

Need urgent help !!!

I currently have an open work permit which is expiring on 9th Oct, 2018
Recently i got invited and applied for PR under CEC Express entry stream, got my AOR on 20th July, 2018
Started to apply for Bridging open work permit

Note : I dont have any provincial nominee certificate or closed work permit.

I have a small queries in the IMM5710E app form

What option do i need to choose among these ? (3rd question).

• Apply for WP with same employer
  • Restore my status as worker
  • Apply for WP for the first time or with a new employer
  • Get a new temporary resident work permit (for inadmissible applications)
What do we need to answer for the "The original purpose of coming to canada ?" (I have initially came as student later got my PGWP, then got invited under CEC express entry now applying for BOWP as my current PGWP is about to expire) - Is it study or work ?

I currently see the timelines as 4 weeks for open work permit application processing in website. Is this true?

Your help would be highly appreciated !!!!
I am in the same situation now and have same questions. can you please explain what answers you wrote in your imm5710e application for Bowp

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
I am in the same situation now and have same questions. can you please explain what answers you wrote in your imm5710e application for Bowp
You are restoring your worker status. with pgwp its on open work permit, so there is no specific employer.
it might take more than 4 weeks, but then don't worry about it, as you are good to work with the implied status...

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
Hello everyone,

If i submit application for PR to federal government under EE PNP stream and i receive receipt of application submission but I don't get AOR before my current PGWP expires, can I use receipt of application submission to get BOWP? is there anyone who got BOWP like this?

Thank you.

tassioborges

May 2, 2019
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-02-2020
You need to have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or lesss, according to the IRCC website:

If you applied for the Provincial Nominee Program via Express Entry
Who can apply
To be eligible for a BOWP, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have no employment restrictions as a condition of your nomination
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check
  • have your acknowledgement of receipt letter
    • we send this letter to your account after we get your application
Supporting documents
When you submit your BOWP application, include:

• the supporting documents listed in the document checklist
  • a copy of your nomination letter
  • a copy of your acknowledgment of receipt letter

Tommyboy007

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Is your current Visa tied to an employer or not ?
If you have an open work permit, even a WHV, you select initial or new employer.
If your current Visa is tied to an employer then you have to select the same employer option.
3. Is when you've already lost your right to work because you didn't fill the application in time
4. Is for specific case when you would normally not be accepted at the border but can claim a TRV.

As for the fees, I believe they are correct
Hello Expert,
I am in a closed work permit that will expire in feb 2021. But i am no longer employed to my employer.
What option do i choose in that case?

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,
I applied for bridging open work permit last week after applying for my PR. However, I did not upload letter of explanation (LOE). I did upload acknowledgment of PR and all other documents but forgot to upload LOE. Is that a problem? Should I be scared ?

Sara Allorn

Mar 19, 2021
Hi.

Yesterday, I applied for a BOWP (i applied for PR in May). My current permit (IEC) expires November 18.

Today, I received a message "PT-PROR except post-diplome" and it's a document saying "you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until November 16 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

Is that normal ? Why do they say the 16th when my current permit expire the 18th ?

DEEMAH

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
waiting
NOC Code......
6322 EOI FILED : 07/03/2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
waiting
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
waiting
File Transfer...
waiting
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Dreaming
Hi.

Yesterday, I applied for a BOWP (i applied for PR in May). My current permit (IEC) expires November 18.

Today, I received a message "PT-PROR except post-diplome" and it's a document saying "you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until November 16 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first.

Is that normal ? Why do they say the 16th when my current permit expire the 18th ?
Yes It is normal. In few weeks or in few days you will get BOWP approval.

A_Tamara

Jun 21, 2021
HI,
I had an invitation to apply for PR through Express Entry and applied for the same.
Currently residing and working in Canada. My work permit expires on Dec-4-2021. I would like to apply for a bridging open work permit.
IMM5710 - has a question :
I am applying for one or more of the following :
a) Apply for a work permit with the same employer
b) Apply work permit for the first time or with a new employer
c)Restore my status as a worker
d) get a new temporary resident permit.

I am a bit confused about which one would be the right choice for an open bridging work permit. It would be great if someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance for reading through this. your help would be appreciated.

nll

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
HI,
I had an invitation to apply for PR through Express Entry and applied for the same.
Currently residing and working in Canada. My work permit expires on Dec-4-2021. I would like to apply for a bridging open work permit.
IMM5710 - has a question :
I am applying for one or more of the following :
a) Apply for a work permit with the same employer
b) Apply work permit for the first time or with a new employer
c)Restore my status as a worker
d) get a new temporary resident permit.

I am a bit confused about which one would be the right choice for an open bridging work permit. It would be great if someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance for reading through this. your help would be appreciated.
What work permit do you have right now?
If you have a work permit that allows you to work for any employer, you have to select "Apply work permit for the first time or with a new employer"
If not you have to select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer".

A_Tamara

Jun 21, 2021
What work permit do you have right now?
If you have a work permit that allows you to work for any employer, you have to select "Apply work permit for the first time or with a new employer"
If not you have to select "Apply for a work permit with the same employer".
Thank you so much. I am under an open work permit ( PGWP ). So I shall go ahead and pick the option you mentioned. thanks again :)

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
Hi friends, my paper based file PNP was received on Feb15th 2021, and I am still waiting for my AOR. My work permit expires on Dec 1st 2021. My employer doesn't support for closed work permit. I have temporary file number. It's almost 9 months no response, do you think is it good idea to apply with the letter of explanation and request for extension. I could not apply in 18 month public policy, I was not eligible for that. I am confused.