+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Rajkumar2411

Dec 14, 2017
Hello,
I am current having AOR and my work permit is closed one with my last company. I don't have job now and living in Canada with the work permit which is valid. Any one suggest me the possibility to get BOWP. Thanks

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,
I am current having AOR and my work permit is closed one with my last company. I don't have job now and living in Canada with the work permit which is valid. Any one suggest me the possibility to get BOWP. Thanks
Is your PR application based on LMIA (Looks like not but just want to confirm).

You can apply for BOWP, but not sure whether you may get OWP or closed WP.

Rajkumar2411

Dec 14, 2017
Is your PR application based on LMIA (Looks like not but just want to confirm).

You can apply for BOWP, but not sure whether you may get OWP or closed WP.

It is not. I called the immigration and received a detail that i can apply BOWP but i can not work for any company other then the one state in my current work permit. Also i can stay in Canada until decision made on my BOWP application.

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got AOR under CEC on 29th of December and applied for BOWP on the same day. My OPW expired on 31st of December.

I have 2 basic questions. I need your help, please.

1-) I forgot to attach AOR to the LOE for the BOWP. I sent it via a web form enquiry on the same day. Should I do anything else?

2-) I submitted my PR application without my FBI clearance (uploaded proof-of-application instead) and without my wife's medical x-ray scan (uploaded the doctor's letter instead) due to her pregnancy. Do these have anything to do with my BOWP application. Can my BOWP be approved without them or be rejected because of them?

Thanks

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
My BOWP approved in 50 days.

Rid1

Dec 13, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am currently filing the online application for BOWP and on the checklist provided after filling all information was IMM5257E (Application for visitor Visa), i was expecting to see the IMM5710 (Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker).
Is this normal ?
Second question, is BOWP issued with an expiry date ?

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

I am currently filing the online application for BOWP and on the checklist provided after filling all information was IMM5257E (Application for visitor Visa), i was expecting to see the IMM5710 (Application to change conditions, extend my stay or remain in Canada as a worker).
Is this normal ?
Second question, is BOWP issued with an expiry date ?
BOWP is issued for 1 year from the date of approval.

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got AOR under CEC on 29th of December and applied for BOWP on the same day. My OPW expired on 31st of December.

1-) I forgot to attach AOR to the LOE for the BOWP. I sent it via a web form enquiry on the same day. Should I do anything else?

2-) I submitted my PR application without my FBI clearance (uploaded proof-of-application instead) and without my wife's medical x-ray scan (uploaded the doctor's letter instead) due to her pregnancy. Do these have anything to do with my BOWP application. Can my BOWP be approved without them or be rejected because of them?

Thanks
Bump!

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Nothing can do.

BOWP is approved once the applicant passes eligibility.

IRCC
hold BOWP if the applicant hasn't passed eligibility at the time of BOWP review. They won't reject the application and approves after eligibility passed.

Thanks

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
gowthamp, thanks for the reply. So what I understand from your answer is until I submit medicals and PCC my BOWP application will be on hold, right?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hi everyone,

You are good.

It won’t be rejected.No worry

Thanks