+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Ryanjb

Feb 18, 2018
Looking to clear up my situation.

IEC working holiday visa ended on 2nd November 2017, however I applied for an extension and went on to implied status before the end date of my visa.
Submitted my final PR Express Entry application while on implied status, and used my AOR to apply for BOWP before my implied status ended. My extension got denied, and hence my temporary resident status declined on Feb 16th 2018.
As stated though, I submitted my PR and my BOWP applications before Feb 16th, while my status was still valid. With my BOWP application submitted while I wait for a PR decision, do I go on to implied status again? Can I continue working? Any help much appreciated.

bobbydiggs

Jan 23, 2018
Received a letter in my CIC account which says additional $100.00 for open work permit is required.

I originally paid the $155 application fee, but it seems that I need to pay $100 more which I didn't realise originally. Does anyone know how I pay this? From the letter I received, it seems I just need to add the receipt to my application but I can't figure out where I pay the money.

I'm currently on IEC visa if that matters.

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I got AOR under CEC on 29th of December and applied for BOWP on the same day. My OPW expired on 31st of December.

I have 2 basic questions. I need your help, please.

1-) I forgot to attach AOR to the LOE for the BOWP. I sent it via a web form enquiry on the same day. Should I do anything else?

2-) I submitted my PR application without my FBI clearance (uploaded proof-of-application instead) and without my wife's medical x-ray scan (uploaded the doctor's letter instead) due to her pregnancy. Do these have anything to do with my BOWP application. Can my BOWP be approved without them or be rejected because of them?

Thanks
For you guys' information, I got my BOWP recently. I haven't submit my FBI PCC as it hasn't arrive yet. So, it is possible to get BOWP even if PCCs are not complete. But our medical examination were passed long ago.

kevin32

Jul 21, 2016
Hi Everyone, I am planning to apply for bridge open work permit but stuck at eligibilty questions? Anyone has a template how to answer the question to get the bridge open work permit?

info78

Oct 3, 2017
Hello everyone,
My wife's work permit extension / BOWP approved as on 06-02-2018 and her old VISA and post graduation work permit was expired as on 30-03-2018.

She is planning to apply for her new VISA in this week or next week, she is waiting to get employment letter from her employer.

Is there any problem now as per immigration law and rules like she is staying there after visa expired. Her BOWP work permit is valid up to 05-02-2019.
Waiting for your kind reply

Reactions: LH_22

catalyst27

Apr 4, 2018
Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster. I figure it's best to post my question in this thread rather than starting a new one.

I recently submitted by PR application and received the AOR. Now I need to apply for the BOWP. I'm doing this through my online account and have managed to start an application for an Open Work Permit. I just wanted to confirm that this is correct. There is no option that I can find specifically to apply for a BOWP.

From what I understand, I just have to apply for an Open Work Permit, but attach the AOR with the application so that the officer processing it knows that the work permit is for bridging purposes. Is this accurate?

Thanks!

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster. I figure it's best to post my question in this thread rather than starting a new one.

I recently submitted by PR application and received the AOR. Now I need to apply for the BOWP. I'm doing this through my online account and have managed to start an application for an Open Work Permit. I just wanted to confirm that this is correct. There is no option that I can find specifically to apply for a BOWP.

From what I understand, I just have to apply for an Open Work Permit, but attach the AOR with the application so that the officer processing it knows that the work permit is for bridging purposes. Is this accurate?

Thanks!
yes, you need to choose Open Work Permit and rest is same as PGWP, just fill in your information pay your fee and that is it.

catalyst27

Apr 4, 2018
yes, you need to choose Open Work Permit and rest is same as PGWP, just fill in your information pay your fee and that is it.
Thanks for your reply! I have a follow up - one of the optional forms is the IMM5257 - Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada.

Because this form is optional and because I am applying from within Canada, my assumption is that I don't need to submit this form for the BOWP. Is this correct? Or should I submit the form anyway?

Suraj89

Star Member
Mar 9, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16 02 2018
AOR Received.
16 02 2018
Med's Done....
10 02 2018
Passport Req..
28 03 2018
VISA ISSUED...
03 04 2018
Thanks for your reply! I have a follow up - one of the optional forms is the IMM5257 - Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada.

Because this form is optional and because I am applying from within Canada, my assumption is that I don't need to submit this form for the BOWP. Is this correct? Or should I submit the form anyway?
No need to fill that form, you can leave it.