+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

sicon

May 7, 2016
Hi All,

Both my post-grad work permit and temporary work visa expires in about 1 month, and I am going to apply BOWP shortly. Does anyone know after I got my BOWP will I be eligible to apply for a new temporary visitor visa? The reason is I want to wait for my PPR outside of Canada, I believe I would need a visitor visa to re-enter Canada if by that time I haven't got my PPR? Thank you!

nkg03

Jan 19, 2015
Hi Everyone! Can someone please guide me with this:

My Open work permit expires soon and I just created my express entry profile scoring 433. I'm not expecting to get an invitation anytime soon.

Can I apply for BOWP with my EE application number? Do I've any chance to buy some time?

Would appreciate some guidance asap. Thanks.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nkg03 said:
Hi Everyone! Can someone please guide me with this:

My Open work permit expires soon and I just created my express entry profile scoring 433. I'm not expecting to get an invitation anytime soon.

Can I apply for BOWP with my EE application number? Do I've any chance to buy some time?
Hi, no you can't apply for a BOWP with your EE application number. Submitting a successful BOWP application requires an 'Acknowledgement of Receipt' that you receive only after submitting a PR application after getting an 'Invitation To Apply'.

Would appreciate some guidance asap. Thanks.

songGGirl

Apr 21, 2016
nasknihal said:
I applied for eAPR and BOWP yesterday since PGWP expires on Monday. Should i be worried that my R10 completeness check won't be done before my BOWP app is examined? I am unclear on this process, can someone please provide some clarity?
Just wondering if your BOWP got approved?

I received my eAPR on Apr 25 and applied for BOWP on Apr 26, and my BOWP got rejected on May 5. :'(

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
songGGirl said:
Just wondering if your BOWP got approved?

I received my eAPR on Apr 25 and applied for BOWP on Apr 26, and my BOWP got rejected on May 5. :'(
Hi what was the reason for your rejection? Did you submit your AOR? You must submit AOR for a BOWP to be approved.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Has anyone cancelled a BOWP application and got refunded? I got my PPR and don't think i'll need the bridging permit anymore

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IrishinVan said:
Has anyone cancelled a BOWP application and got refunded? I got my PPR and don't think i'll need the bridging permit anymore
You may get the 'Open Work Permit Fee' refunded (if they have not finished processing your application. You will not get the application processing fee refunded.

IrishinVan

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
You may get the 'Open Work Permit Fee' refunded (if they have not finished processing your application. You will not get the application processing fee refunded.
that's what I thought. damn! thanks

Happy.

May 17, 2016
Hello Friends,

I applied under express entry in CIC category on May 1,2016 and I got AOR on the same day. My post graduation work permit is going to be expred on June 18,2016. So, I am applying for bridging work permit.

What should I answer of the question "I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).??"

res1

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2016
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
Med's Done....
03-03-2016
Passport Req..
17-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2016
LANDED..........
26-08-2016
Happy. said:
Hello Friends,

I applied under express entry in CIC category on May 1,2016 and I got AOR on the same day. My post graduation work permit is going to be expred on June 18,2016. So, I am applying for bridging work permit.

What should I answer of the question "I applied for permanent residence to an office in-Canada and was determined to be eligible for permanent resident status (first stage approval).??"
It depends at what stage you are. If you're filling out online questionnaire to lead you to the open work permit application, then answer "yes" if you are filling out the actual application, answer "no". I answered "no" to that question in the application, but in the letter of explanation mentioned that my application has passed the R10 completeness check.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Happy. said:
Hello Friends,

Hi,
answer 'yes' for the question about first stage approval.

Akrk10

Mar 14, 2016
Hi Everyone,

i have a EE profile sitting at 464 points (CEC) and i also applied for NS PNP. My PGWP is set to expire on June 12, i called up the PNP office and they said i will be issued a nomination letter by June 1st week.

My question is, can i apply for BOWP with PNP nomination or do i have to wait for the AOR and submit BOWP application? (the latter is very unlikely because i wouldn't get an ITA until June 3rd week draw and my work permit would expire by then.

Can anyone please suggest me the options i have now to renew my work permit?

Thanks!

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Anyone please suggest me.
I am Express CEC applicant till Februray 2016. I am working on LMIA with work permit expiring june. I have applied for Bridging Open permit.
I want to change my LMIA employer after getting new bridging open permit. Will changing employer can effect my file?? Please suggest.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raman186 said:
Anyone please suggest me.
I am Express CEC applicant till Februray 2016. I am working on LMIA with work permit expiring june. I have applied for Bridging Open permit.
I want to change my LMIA employer after getting new bridging open permit. Will changing employer can effect my file?? Please suggest.
Hi, if you change employer, then your LMIA will no longer be valid. An LMIA is an 'employer-specific' document.

However if you get an 'Open Work Permit' you are free to work for whoever you wish. If you do change employers, and your LMIA becomes invalid, you will have to inform CIC and your PR application may be rejected (if the score you get without the LMIA) is less than the score of the draw you received an ITA in.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Akrk10 said:
Hi Everyone,

i have a EE profile sitting at 464 points (CEC) and i also applied for NS PNP. My PGWP is set to expire on June 12, i called up the PNP office and they said i will be issued a nomination letter by June 1st week.

My question is, can i apply for BOWP with PNP nomination or do i have to wait for the AOR and submit BOWP application? (the latter is very unlikely because i wouldn't get an ITA until June 3rd week draw and my work permit would expire by then.

Can anyone please suggest me the options i have now to renew my work permit?

Thanks!
Yes. You can apply for BOWP on the basis of your PNP letter.

Reactions: Adanac11