+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
If I change employer after getting BOWP: will Then also I will loose 600 points. My Bound permit expiring 1n 10 days..

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
please suggest

Will their be any effect on my PR application if I change my LMIA employer after getting BOWP.
I am CEC applicant with file in process till Feb. My close permit expiring in 10 days.
I want to change employer after getting BOWP.
Please suggest clearly.

Olivia82

Apr 12, 2016
So applied online for my BOWP on May 10th still nothing back. But last week i realized I forgot to attach my AOR so I sent a CSE in with a copy of my AOR. Do you think if I was going to be rejected I would of by now? My visa is up on June 2nd

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Olivia82 said:
So applied online for my BOWP on May 10th still nothing back. But last week i realized I forgot to attach my AOR so I sent a CSE in with a copy of my AOR. Do you think if I was going to be rejected I would of by now? My visa is up on June 2nd
Hi, in my case they took 25 days to process my BOWP; so 25 days from you submitting would be 4 June. In your case you may be lucky and you may have a lenient Visa processing officer who may decide to wait and match your CSE to your BOWP application. I hope this is the case.

If you have a strict Visa processing officer you may get rejected between now and 4 June.

raman186

Star Member
May 25, 2016
Should VO should be informed after getting BOWP?? OR its automatically done by CIC system?? Please suggest.

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
My Last 4 months of WP will start by end of June. Just wanted to know can i apply for BWOP right now as i believe by the time they ll take my application it ll be 4 months. or else i have to wait till last week and then apply

Souviktor

Oct 8, 2014
Hi All,
I had a basic question on BOWP.
How exactly do you apply for BOWP? I have a closed work permit (expiring in 2 months), AOR Feb 14th. How should I begin the BOWP application? Should I start with MyCIC questionnaire for a fresh open work permit application? or is there a specific method for applying BOWP after I have submitted the fresh owp application? Which form(s) do I need?

Please help,
Thanks.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Hi all, I am on Post grad work permit, currently working for a company but as I applied for open work permit and not using LMIA, under Intended Work on the IMM form I filled "Bridging Open Work Permit - N/A" is that fine? I wanted to ensure i get an open permit and not closed to an employer so I didn't see how that should matter for a BOWP as it seemed to be for those with LMIA as it has a field to enter LMIA too

Along with the form i sent my AOR, medical results and current work permit

Hope I get through

Also I recently left the job I was working at to wait for another opportunity but that shouldnt really matter for my BOWP or PR as I earned the required work experience before submission of my application

Souviktor

Oct 8, 2014
Common guys,

Please provide me some starting point for BOWP. A lot of you in this thread have already applied BOWP. I just want to know to apply for it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

twztedelegance

Jul 14, 2015
New Brunswick
Souviktor said:
Common guys,

Please provide me some starting point for BOWP. A lot of you in this thread have already applied BOWP. I just want to know to apply for it.

Thanks.
Read through this thread all the info is there

Start with regular my CIC work permit application questionnare, select open permit, temporary greater than 6 months stay etc

Provide your old work permit copy, letter of explanation, AOR of EE application, fill the IMM form its quite straightforward

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Souviktor said:
Common guys,

Thanks.

Please go through it http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp i hope this will help u

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
Souviktor said:
Common guys,

Thanks.
Apply for new work permit . You will be asked for your medicals as proof of your application for PR then your good to go

DreamCanada16

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-09-2015
Passport Req..
6th December 2016
Friends please share timelines for BOWP

Fastlaner16

Apr 1, 2016
hi there

my checklist is same except the fees says "visitor - $100 in fees"

i answered a bunch of questions first, got a reference code and used in MY cic account to get started.. I am wondering why was the fees indicated for "visitor" and not "open work permit holder fee" like how you have in your checklist?
does it mean I did something wrong with answering questions?
i have applied for PR under CEC and now applying for bridging open work permit