+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasknihal said:
I applied for eAPR and BOWP yesterday since PGWP expires on Monday. Should i be worried that my R10 completeness check won't be done before my BOWP app is examined? I am unclear on this process, can someone please provide some clarity?
This is a rather late application, but you may be able to work under 'Implied Status' while your BOWP is being processed. I don't know your timeline for your PR application, but yes you are correct in that if your R10 is not set to 'OK', there is the likelihood that your BOWP application will be refused.

Update: Just saw your timeline in your signature. I would say that as you only received your AOR in the last couple of days, it is unlikely that your R10 would be set to 'OK' as of yet. For me after reading my GCMS Notes it took 15 days after AOR for my R10 to be set to 'OK'. If your BOWP is rejected you may have to apply for 'Restoration of Status'.

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
This is a rather late application, but you may be able to work under 'Implied Status' while your BOWP is being processed. I don't know your timeline for your PR application, but yes you are correct in that if your R10 is not set to 'OK', there is the likelihood that your BOWP application will be refused.

Update: Just saw your timeline in your signature. I would say that as you only received your AOR in the last couple of days, it is unlikely that your R10 would be set to 'OK' as of yet. For me after reading my GCMS Notes it took 15 days after AOR for my R10 to be set to 'OK'. If your BOWP is rejected you may have to apply for 'Restoration of Status'.
Thats interesting because the website states that the BOWP app won't be reviewed until eAPR is checked for completeness by CIO. If it is still incomplete then BOWP will be rejected. Correct me if I am misunderstanding the language here :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nasknihal said:
Thats interesting because the website states that the BOWP app won't be reviewed until eAPR is checked for completeness by CIO. If it is still incomplete then BOWP will be rejected. Correct me if I am misunderstanding the language here :

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
'Checked for completeness' is the same as the setting of the 'R10'. Only if the 'completeness check' has been completed is the R10 set to ok and the VO able to approve the BOWP.

If the R10 is not set to 'OK' BOWP is likely to not be approved.

nasknihal

Star Member
Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
'Checked for completeness' is the same as the setting of the 'R10'. Only if the 'completeness check' has been completed is the R10 set to ok and the VO able to approve the BOWP.

If the R10 is not set to 'OK' BOWP is likely to not be approved.
Yes exactly, so in my case they won't review my BOWP app until the eAPR is reviewed for completeness and R10 is set to either OK or not, correct? My only risk is if my R10 check is not ok, not the timing of the bowp app review being before eAPR review.

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
nasknihal said:
Yes exactly, so in my case they won't review my BOWP app until the eAPR is reviewed for completeness and R10 is set to either OK or not, correct? My only risk is if my R10 check is not ok, not the timing of the bowp app review being before eAPR review.
They may not delay the review of the application just to see if the R10 is ok - I have seen other people on this forum who submitted their BOWP app close to the date they got their AOR and it was rejected due to the R10 not being completed.

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
For BOWP application do i write work permit with a new employer or should i write Temporary Resident Permit on IMM 5710E form??

I am on an Open work Permit

Jessicaqu1988

Oct 1, 2015
VO will hold your BOWP application until your PR application receive R10 result.

I dont know other people. But mine was hold for 1 month to wait for the result.
I dont think VO will simply reject eh BOWP application now.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jessicaqu1988 said:
VO will hold your BOWP application until your PR application receive R10 result.

I dont know other people. But mine was hold for 1 month to wait for the result.
I dont think VO will simply reject eh BOWP application now.
Hi Jessicaqu, thanks for your insight. So I guess I'm.wrong in that case seems like the VO holds the application until R10 changes to OK. I purposely held off applying until 2 months after AOR as I was thinking I might get rejected for this reason.

Can you please post your PR and BOWP timeline? Interested to see how it compares to mine.

I applied for BOWP on 10 April

varinder1717

Apr 18, 2015
For BOWP application do i write work permit with a new employer or should i write Temporary Resident Permit on IMM 5710E form??

I am on an Open work Permit

please help

Jessicaqu1988

Oct 1, 2015
JoacRy said:
Hi Jessicaqu, thanks for your insight. So I guess I'm.wrong in that case seems like the VO holds the application until R10 changes to OK. I purposely held off applying until 2 months after AOR as I was thinking I might get rejected for this reason.

Can you please post your PR and BOWP timeline? Interested to see how it compares to mine.

I applied for BOWP on 10 April
My PR app timeline

ITA: Nov-18-2015
AOR: Jan-11-2016
Med pass: Jan-18
BG in process: Jan-18
BG back to not needed: Jan-28
Nothing change since then

My BOWP timeline
App: Nov-20-2015 (I have to apply since my PGWP was expired on 21st Nov )
AOR attach: Feb-04
CIC inform that AOR is attached : Feb-09

I called CIC on March 20, because I saw CIC has started processing Dec WP app at that time while mine app was still no result.
The agent told me that VO put a note on my BOWP app that my R10 result was not clear so VO put my app on hold since Mar 01.
But according to my GCMS notes that my R10 was passed on Jan 28.
So I keep calling cic and my BOWP app got approved on Mar 31st. One year.

Hope this information helps!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jessicaqu1988 said:
My PR app timeline

ITA: Nov-18-2015
AOR: Jan-11-2016
Med pass: Jan-18
BG in process: Jan-18
BG back to not needed: Jan-28
Nothing change since then

My BOWP timeline
App: Nov-20-2015 (I have to apply since my PGWP was expired on 21st Nov )
AOR attach: Feb-04
CIC inform that AOR is attached : Feb-09

I called CIC on March 20, because I saw CIC has started processing Dec WP app at that time while mine app was still no result.
The agent told me that VO put a note on my BOWP app that my R10 result was not clear so VO put my app on hold since Mar 01.
But according to my GCMS notes that my R10 was passed on Jan 28.
So I keep calling cic and my BOWP app got approved on Mar 31st. One year.

Hope this information helps!
Hi thank you very much. My R10 was set to 'OK' on 23 February (according to GCMS Notes). Given what you have said I might wait 2 more weeks and then make a call to IRCC if nothing is heard. Thank you for your feedback.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, quick question RE: my BOWP application.

I applied on 10 April (via the website) and got a 'Ghost Email' on 11 April. I also got another 'Ghost Email' today stating that my BOWP application was updated. I went to the mycic profile and my status is still the same as before (see below). I have heard of PR applicants getting 'host emails' but wasn't sure if BOWP applicants were the same.

Can anyone please provide any feedback? Thanks in advance of your reply.

Application/profile status Open
Review of medical results Not needed at this time
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
Review of biometric information Not needed at this time
Final decision Not Started

Eucalyptus

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
AOR Received.
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
Hey JoacRy,

The BOWP app doesn't change statuses like the PR app does (in terms of passed etc). You may get your approved message tomorrow in the BOWP app. Check again in the morning and you may see the status on the homepage change from submitted to approved and the approval letter will follow shortly.

Based on the events leading up to my approval, I got a ghost email that day and saw no change and I kept checking throughout the evening until finally I saw approved.

Hope this helps.

P.S: I never got any other ghost emails until my app was approved.