+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
tomkruz said:
My PGPWP expires on September 03 and i applied for under EE FSW on July 12.

Still haven't received 2nd AOR

Current status of my application i s

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

ECAS has been activated with 3 lines.

I am confused if i can do a paper application for BOWP using my 1st AOR. This will give me time to receive the 2nd AOR and possibly my application to a further stage.

Anyone doing or has done the same thing ?
My timeline is almost the same with you. But my status for Background Check is still "not start", even though my medical changed to passed on July 29.

My PGWP is expiring at the end of October, someone suggested me to apply the BOWP at the beginning of October, and during this time I can wait to see if the 2nd AOR will come.

What made me very confuse is that I have PNP work permit support letter, which I can use to apply the work permit extension, but in that case, whether my employer need to fill the IMM5802 and pay compliance fee $230?

Who has already applied work permit extension with PNP support letter can share your experience. Thank you

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
avaaz said:
You don't have to request a BOWP since you have your BCPNP nomination. You should contact BCPNP and ask them to send you a letter of support. Then you take your letter of support to the border + supporting documents and get a work permit.
Hi Avaaz,
Thank you for your reply.
There was a new rule for applying employer specific work permit. The employer needs to fill the IMM5802 and pays a compliance fee $230 before the employee applying for the work permit extension . I am confuse if the rule is apply to the person with PNP nomination and PNP support letter.

Below is the explanation on CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/admissibility/specific.asp

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi everyone,

I hope that someone can help me with this issue please...

I have submitted the BOWP without adding explanation letter ,,, and in the application, I just selected Open work permit as there is no option for the BOWP.
In the explanation letter, i just uploaded the PER email ..
I called CIC today to ask if there is anyway to add additional documents to the application but she said no...

Would you please tell any ideas to fix this, can I send email to CIC or case specific enquiry form .... or if anyone applied without explanation letter and he got it....

I will really appreciate your help ,, as I'm getting crazy since I knew about the Explantion letter.

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
It is explanation letter to explain that you are applying for BOWP, and provide your PR application number. You can to the pdf file also the PER email and your current work permit...
Check this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bowp-explanation-letter-t189398.0.html

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can sent case specific enquiry along with explanation letter, it was happen with my case then I did it, It has been 1 week cic reply me an email that they received my documents.

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anybody here April applicants waiting?28 applied until now no luck

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
Meya06 said:
You can sent case specific enquiry along with explanation letter, it was happen with my case then I did it, It has been 1 week cic reply me an email that they received my documents.
I really appreciate your reply :)
Do you know which link should I use for the CSE form.
The general one: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
or the Ottawa one: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=ottawa

Thanks again for your help

Moly82

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPCO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2014
Med's Request
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
Meya06 said:
You can use the first one, good luck bro.
Thanks again :)
+1

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
I hope i can get answer of my question for bowp here..
I gor aor on sept 31..ee..fsw..i have wp expired on jan 29..almost 5 mnths..I m planning to apply bowp on oct 1st week.
But processing time is between 3 to 4 mnths in paper or online for bowp.
My concern is though i apply before 4 mnths of expiry on wp,by 3 to 4 mnths i may have decision on my Application before the bowp decision??So is it worth applying bowp when ur EE application is to be done before the bowp will be processed??

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In my opinion, you should wait 2- 3 months with your pr application, will see how it goes!... In the meantime, u will get 2nd AOR that is the one eligible for BOWP(FSW)....just safe,, keep your 600points until DM

marianacimini

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 8, 2015
AOR Received.
May 8, 2015
Hello, just want to share my timeline with you guys.

Got FSW ITA Abril 17, 2015
Medical done April 23, 2015
App Submitted May 8, 2015
Received AOR May 8, 2015
Credit card charged May 11, 2015
Medical Exam Passed May 26, 2015
Background check in progress May 26, 2015
Ecas Changed to In Progress August 15, 2015

I applied for the BOWP at the same day that I received the AOR (the first one) and I got it approved last friday (September 4th!) on mycic. I haven't received the actual work permit yet but it is approved anyways!

Since it took 4 months to process this application, I advise who wants to apply to apply asap!

Does anyone knows how long it takes for CIC to send the work permit by mail inside Canada?

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
Meya06 said:
In my opinion, you should wait 2- 3 months with your pr application, will see how it goes!... In the meantime, u will get 2nd AOR that is the one eligible for BOWP(FSW)....just safe,, keep your 600points until DM
As long as i have seen in past 8 months..no inland has ever received 2nd aor and they have ppr..and my two nearest friend got bowp approved without 2nd aor..its not worthy to apply after 2 or 3 months..since bowp processing time is 4 months and by that time my pr application will be running on its 4 months...any ways thanks for the advice..

gorkhethito

Mar 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31 Aug
AOR Received.
31 Aug
marianacimini said:
Hello, just want to share my timeline with you guys.

Got FSW ITA Abril 17, 2015
Medical done April 23, 2015
App Submitted May 8, 2015
Received AOR May 8, 2015
Credit card charged May 11, 2015
Medical Exam Passed May 26, 2015
Background check in progress May 26, 2015
Ecas Changed to In Progress August 15, 2015

I applied for the BOWP at the same day that I received the AOR (the first one) and I got it approved last friday (September 4th!) on mycic. I haven't received the actual work permit yet but it is approved anyways!

Since it took 4 months to process this application, I advise who wants to apply to apply asap!

Does anyone knows how long it takes for CIC to send the work permit by mail inside Canada?
you r right..applying bowp along with 1st aor same time is worthy..because by the time bowp will be processed,your application will be half way on the proceasing as per the 4 months processing time of bowp..i cudnt apply now coz still i have more than 4 months for the expiry of wp..oct 1st week it will be left for 4 months..