+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

naga.msbi

Jan 29, 2014
ngelsa said:
I was away on vacation so I haven't been able to connect to the Internet much. This morning when I logged onto MyCIC I noticed that the Open Work Permit Renewal application that I submitted online on March 1, 2015 was approved. I didn't receive any emails or messages in MyCIC account tho.

I was invited to apply for PR through Express Entry under the Skilled Worker Stream, so at least the AOR works.

Hope to hear more approval from the rest of you.

On a side note: I am not sure why my open work permit application was approved so quickly because according to the timeline posted on the CIC website they are still working on applications received in mid February.
What a relief ... I feel I got it ...

I submitted my open work permit on March 9th .. Soon i will hear something from them ...

U r right .. I dont believe the numbers on CIC site anymore ...

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
Submitted bowp feb 13, 2015, received aor through CEC EE apr 28, 2015. Ecas shows pr received jan 3rd, 2015. In progress march 20, 2015.

Bowp Paper based application. Should be processed sometime this week.

Very small chance of success. Who here thinks I will get it!!? :eek:

Pgwp expired feb 17, 2015

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
My BOWP arrived at my home on May 5, 2015 and below is a link to it.

Here is my timeline:
March 1, 2015 - Application Submitted Online
April 1, 2015 - Application has been updated
April 29, 2015 - Application has been approved
May 5, 2015 - Received Work Permit in the mail

Please note that all personal information has been censored.

http://i.imgur.com/UpTUGOQ.jpg

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:

Here is my timeline:

Congratulations ngelsa.

As mentioned my workpermit expires on May 23rd .. Im bit worried only 11 working days dont know whats going to happen

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
I also applied for the BOWP so, good to see it's being accepted.
My immigration lawyer kept on saying it was not possible and very unsure.

chevy

Jan 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:

Here is my timeline:

Congratsss dear..if u don't mind will you provide us the validty like is it for 1 year or 2 years....thanks

Panka79

Star Member
Apr 11, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:
Congratulations ngelsa.

As mentioned my workpermit expires on May 23rd .. Im bit worried only 11 working days dont know whats going to happen
You gonna be on implied status and you still can keep working

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ngelsa said:

Here is my timeline:

Thanks . I need some information

Just an update BOWP is approved . but dont know any details .....

Application/profile status Closed
Review of medical results
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time Help
Scheduling an interview
Review of biometric information
A final decision has been reached This application has been approved

What does that mean ? so are they going to send open work permit through post ? This is how it works?

narby

Star Member
Jan 13, 2015
krishna19 said:
Thanks . I need some information

Just an update BOWP is approved . but dont know any details .....

Application/profile status Closed
Review of medical results
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time Help
Scheduling an interview
Review of biometric information
A final decision has been reached This application has been approved

What does that mean ? so are they going to send open work permit through post ? This is how it works?
yes they will mail you a work permit.

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
So yesterday I found out my BOWP application I made online on March 2 was refused because "I hadn't submitted a PR application and hadn't received an AOR". Apparently all the visa office could see on their system was my old CEC application from 2014 which was returned.

I submitted my PR application under express entry (CEC) and received the AOR on Feb 20th. I put the PR application file number and details in a letter I uploaded with the online BOWP application.

So I managed to get through to the CIC call centre this morning to check on what is going on with the PR application and the work permit. I've been worried about the PR application as I have had no updates at all since it was submitted.

My medicals were submitted to CIC in early Feb, but they are unable to find them on their system. Even if the application isn't submitted at the time they receive the medicals, the agent I spoke to said they would create a temporary file for the medical results and he should have been able to find this when they search by my name. Otherwise he said everything is fine with the application and it hasn't been cancelled or anything. It is all so weird!!!

A request has been submitted (via my MP) for the BOWP decision to be reconsidered, which I should hear about early next week. My current work permit is expired back in March so my husband and I can't even work. I'm hoping this is just a technical glitch that can be sorted, but I'm in for a few days of worry. Can't believe it has come to this!

If anyone else has had a similar experience please share!

fonteynb

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Passport Req..
24-07-2015
emma_h_s said:
So yesterday I found out my BOWP application I made online on March 2 was refused because "I hadn't submitted a PR application and hadn't received an AOR". Apparently all the visa office could see on their system was my old CEC application from 2014 which was returned.

I submitted my PR application under express entry (CEC) and received the AOR on Feb 20th. I put the PR application file number and details in a letter I uploaded with the online BOWP application.

So I managed to get through to the CIC call centre this morning to check on what is going on with the PR application and the work permit. I've been worried about the PR application as I have had no updates at all since it was submitted.

My medicals were submitted to CIC in early Feb, but they are unable to find them on their system. Even if the application isn't submitted at the time they receive the medicals, the agent I spoke to said they would create a temporary file for the medical results and he should have been able to find this when they search by my name. Otherwise he said everything is fine with the application and it hasn't been cancelled or anything. It is all so weird!!!

A request has been submitted (via my MP) for the BOWP decision to be reconsidered, which I should hear about early next week. My current work permit is expired back in March so my husband and I can't even work. I'm hoping this is just a technical glitch that can be sorted, but I'm in for a few days of worry. Can't believe it has come to this!

If anyone else has had a similar experience please share!
Sorry to hear this. I hope they can do something. I've already seen too many people in trouble because of technical issues.
You clearly submitted the application and have an AOR so if they cannot find it, it should be something technical

cedfeliz

Jan 23, 2014
emma_h_s said:

------------
I find myself in a very similar situation. Any tips on what should I say to the CIC agent when I call. Hopefully they can work something out for you.

--------

emma_h_s

Feb 1, 2015
cedfeliz said:
------------
I find myself in a very similar situation. Any tips on what should I say to the CIC agent when I call. Hopefully they can work something out for you.

--------
I just explained that I'd heard my application had been refused and asked them to look into my application to find out what the situation was. They were able to find my application and see the notes that the visa officer had added with the reason for refusal. There was already a request on file for the visa officer to reconsider. I'm not sure what the process would be for you to get that request made, but based on the conversation I had with the agent I think this is something they may be able to do if there is sufficient grounds.

Good luck!

Good luck!

hope for the best

Star Member
May 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
unknown
NOC Code......
6XXX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ngelsa,
By looking at your information ...did you also applied PNP, and can I ask which provience are you at ? Did you apply AINP ?
If you did apply AINP before last July then that might be why you got the one year work permit cos Alberta has made a deal with federal govt for those foreigner workers who have already applied AINP before last July and also have completef their maximum 4 years of working cycle in Canada... So if you did apply AINP then I think your new work permit has nothing to do with your EE .... So please kindly advise if you are in AB or not to clear the situation ..thank u

ngelsa said:

Here is my timeline: