+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) under express entry - connect here

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rainbowruthm said:
Can I clarify. Do you need a LMIA to apply for BOWP once you have your AOR with EE, or can you apply without?
Thanks!
Just having the AOR would do. LMIA isn't required for this.

ranjk89

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
You can apply for BOWP without LMIA. Ideally you want to apply with your 2nd AOR, but I have read on this forum that people have got BOWP approved with just 1st AOR. Not everyone is getting 2nd AOR, CIC is being very random on this front.

rainbowruthm said:
Can I clarify. Do you need a LMIA to apply for BOWP once you have your AOR with EE, or can you apply without?
Thanks!

AjBuck

Jul 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in the EE Entry with 435 points and my PGWP expires in September 2015. I am wondering if I can apply BWOP or I have to wait till I get AOR? I feel like a sitting duck...Is anyone in the same boat as me? I am working in a good job for over a year :)

rainbowruthm

Jan 26, 2015
Thanks

When you say
Ideally you want to apply with your 2nd AOR, but I have read on this forum that people have got BOWP approved with just 1st AOR. Not everyone is getting 2nd AOR, CIC is being very random on this front.

What is the first and second AOR? I have only received a letter which starts:
"This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada was received by Citizenship and
Immigration Canada (CIC) via your MyCIC account on...."

I presume this is my first AOR, as I have not received another one. So, this might be sufficient?

rainbowruthm

Jan 26, 2015
rainbowruthm said:
Ideally you want to apply with your 2nd AOR, but I have read on this forum that people have got BOWP approved with just 1st AOR. Not everyone is getting 2nd AOR, CIC is being very random on this front.

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
Hello guys,
I am filling the BOWP application, I have a question concerning "Details of Intended Work in Canada" in the IMM5710 form.
I have got BCPNP nomination with my current job and have submitted the PR application under EE PNP stream.
Do I need to indicate the detailed information of my current employer in the IMM5710? I saw on a thread that someone suggest NOT to indicate a specific employer.
I hope someone can give me some advice.

Thank you in advance. :)

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
I have another question regarding the BOWP.

On CIC website, it said:
To be eligible for a bridging open work permit, you must:
Currently be in Canada;
Have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within 4 months;
Have received confirmation from CIC that your permanent resident application is eligible under one of the four economic classes (FSWP, CEC, PNP and FSTP), and;
Have made an application for an open work permit.

What is the condition "Have made an application for an open work permit" means? I have a post graduate work permit at hand, so am I eligible to apply the BOWP?  :)

Ugmo28

Jul 20, 2015
Has anyone any experience of re-entering Canada with only a few days left on their work permit but with PR application in progress and an application submitted for bowp...I know you can't leave on implied status but if you re-enter before going on implied status is it OK?worried I will have trouble at the border. My visa expires end of August,submitted Fsw ee application on June 29th,hoping to get the 2nd aor soon but if I don't planning on applying for the bowp to buy time. I would have 13 days left on work permit when I re-enter.
Thanks!

tqwvancouver

Jul 26, 2015
Hey guys, I got EE invitation this March and had received my first AOR on April right after I submit required docs, and my three year work permit will expire in less than 2 months. I have talked to CIC reps as well my immigration consultant, it looks like you do need a second AOR (show your eligibility) to apply for BOWP. As there is no specific timeline for when we will receive the second AOR, or maybe we will never receive the second AOR but go straight to a final decision on the EE application. In that case, if we don't get any feedback from CIC regarding second AOR and our work permit expires, what we can do in order to ensure the implied status and stay/work in Canada legally? Anyone in the same boat, please help and advise. Thanks!

rainbowruthm

Jan 26, 2015
tqwvancouver said:
no specific timeline for when we will receive the second AOR, or maybe we will never receive the second AOR but go straight to a final decision on the EE application. In that case, if we don't get any feedback from CIC regarding second AOR and our work permit expires, what we can do in order to ensure the implied status and stay/work in Canada legally? Anyone in the same boat, please help and advise. Thanks!
I'm in exactly the same boat.. I also want to know that when (hopefully) we get the second AOR and we apply for the BOWP, how long does the BOWP take to come? My current work permit expires at the end of August!

I_love_van

May 11, 2015
I am totally on the same boat with you, waiting for the 2nd AOR to apply BOWP.
But on other thread, some friends suggest that we can apply BOWP with the 1st AOR, the CIC officer will check your PR application status when they process your BOWP application.

avaaz

Nov 24, 2012
I_love_van said:
Hello guys,
I am filling the BOWP application, I have a question concerning "Details of Intended Work in Canada" in the IMM5710 form.
I have got BCPNP nomination with my current job and have submitted the PR application under EE PNP stream.
Do I need to indicate the detailed information of my current employer in the IMM5710? I saw on a thread that someone suggest NOT to indicate a specific employer.
I hope someone can give me some advice.
You don't have to request a BOWP since you have your BCPNP nomination. You should contact BCPNP and ask them to send you a letter of support. Then you take your letter of support to the border + supporting documents and get a work permit.

tomkruz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
My PGPWP expires on September 03 and i applied for under EE FSW on July 12.

Still haven't received 2nd AOR

Current status of my application i s

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Passed
Review of submitted documents No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In Progress
A final decision has been reached Not Started

ECAS has been activated with 3 lines.

I am confused if i can do a paper application for BOWP using my 1st AOR. This will give me time to receive the 2nd AOR and possibly my application to a further stage.

Anyone doing or has done the same thing ?