+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

Canagirl1982

Jul 5, 2018
Applied April 16 online
As per email I got as response to a webform I sent last week my BOWP got approved on July 23 and is already in the mail.
Account is not updated yet.

Closethegap

Jul 26, 2019
Hi all,

I applied for BOWP on April 17 and my application status still says "submitted". It's been about 100 days..... Called IRCC just now and they said my BOWP was approved as of July 24. It is currently in the mail and it should arrive next week or so. Following this tracker has been very helpful! Thanks everyone for sharing your info. I hope you all get your BOWP and PR approved soon! (I'm also waiting on my PR - AOR Feb 8).

Palindrome

Apr 5, 2019
I think they are still processing BOWP applications submitted in April. I applied April 6th online and got approved on July 17th.

Hopefully, two more weeks and they will start processing applications for May!
On a side note, my friend applied for BOWP online May 12th, he estimates that to be processed around August 20.

Eisuk

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
I applied for BOWP under my Express Entry application in, I just read some of you guys said you sent out your passports - is ot necessary? Is not paper visa enough? Im worried I would submit my passport and then i get PPR request for my Express Entry and I cant submit it cos... I physically dont have it. BOWP and EE estimated dates are very similar and may overlap in my case.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Does
I applied for BOWP under my Express Entry application in, I just read some of you guys said you sent out your passports - is ot necessary? Is not paper visa enough? Im worried I would submit my passport and then i get PPR request for my Express Entry and I cant submit it cos... I physically dont have it. BOWP and EE estimated dates are very similar and may overlap in my case.
No, you don't need to submit your passport for the work permit. People are talking about the PR because they got the PR before their BOWP.

Asher89

Sep 9, 2014
My Bowp just got approved few hours ago. Applied on April 15th.(98 days) How long it takes for it to come in mail?
Just an update. Got it in Mail on 28th July(Mississauga). Online Approval was on 23rd July. Need help with TRV though.

I am applying from within canada. But getting this form. is this normal?

Jul 30, 2019
Applied for BOWP via paper on June 17th (that's when it was posted to Edmonton from Calgary) after receiving AoR for PR application back in May. Expecting to hear news of PR results by Nov 16th.

However, I haven't heard anything regarding my BOWP application and my IEC work permit expires August 24th. I am worried I have filled something out on my BOWP application incorrectly (like just today I read BOWP can only be for 6 months or more, and I applied for mine to be 3 months thinking I'd only need it until Nov 16th) and I am unable to link my paper BOWP application to my IRCC account meaning I can't find its status anywhere or even my application number.

I am changing job & moving Province just before my IEC work permit expires too. My new employer (I have worked for them in the past) and I are both counting on Implied Status and then BOWP to get me through until I get confirmation of my PR status.

Should I just apply for another BOWP online through my IRCC account? Or should I apply for a Job Specific Work Permit with my new job?

Many thanks for any advice.

EDIT: I fear my original BOWP may have been lost in the mail (?) so maybe it just safer to apply for a second BOWP now while my current work permit is still valid?

Last edited: