+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017
Aor 2nd May2019, background check in process since 19th June2019.
Bowp 7th May 2019.
I have a trip coming on 5thSept. What is your recommendation guys?
Hi , Did you call CIC and check on the status? because for us email was sent to a different email address and we missed "Ready For Visa" email. When I called CIC on July 17th they informed me that application is approved and ready for visa mail sent on 9th July.

Mike28888

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi , Did you call CIC and check on the status? because for us email was sent to a different email address and we missed "Ready For Visa" email. When I called CIC on July 17th they informed me that application is approved and ready for visa mail sent on 9th July.
Yes I called them today. The status is still under process.

vikcad

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Same with us too. We applied for PR on May 28th and got Ready for Visa email on 9th July, we have sent the passport for stamping. But have not heard anything yet on our WP extension.
Congratss!!! Just wondering if you already got PPR then why are you waiting for BOWP

CodeyJD

Jun 5, 2018
Hey!

I'm hoping someone can clarify something for me.

My visa ran up on the 21st of may. Submitted PR application on 1st of may. But it seems there's an issue with it because we have not passed eligibility yet. But that's another issue.
Submitted bowp on 2nd of may. If I get approved for that, does it allow me to leave and re enter Canada and continue working? As long as I have a valid entry visa?

As my current understanding is that I'm on implied status right now and if I leave Canada and return I will no longer be able to legally work until my bowp has gone through.

Mike28888

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hey!

My visa ran up on the 21st of may. Submitted PR application on 1st of may. But it seems there's an issue with it because we have not passed eligibility yet. But that's another issue.
Submitted bowp on 2nd of may. If I get approved for that, does it allow me to leave and re enter Canada and continue working? As long as I have a valid entry visa?

As my current understanding is that I'm on implied status right now and if I leave Canada and return I will no longer be able to legally work until my bowp has gone through.
In my opinion, It is not advisable to leave while you are waiting for BOWP. once you get approved BOWP and valid TRV you can travel to canada.

Canagirl1982

Jul 5, 2018
Hey!

I agree with Mike28888. One requirement is that you are currently in Canada. As for my understanding you won't be longer eligible for the BOWP if you leave.

CodeyJD

Jun 5, 2018
I agree with Mike28888. One requirement is that you are currently in Canada. As for my understanding you won't be longer eligible for the BOWP if you leave.
I realize that. But my main question is once my bowp is approved, then I can leave Canada on vacation and return knowIng that I can continue working.