+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

LH47

Jun 13, 2019
BOWP approved. I received no email and no update in my online account however the permit arrived in the post (I got it today, but unsure how many days, if any, it was in my mailbox for).
Applied March 11th via paper. Permit was issued on on July 9th.

Canagirl1982

Jul 5, 2018
Did you guys see the new processing time? It still says 91 days but they’re working on applications received on a March 23 2019. Something is wrong there!
Anyone of April 15/16 2019 applicants got approval?

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Did you guys see the new processing time? It still says 91 days but they’re working on applications received on a March 23 2019. Something is wrong there!
Anyone of April 15/16 2019 applicants got approval?

The previous update (June 30) it was ( working on applications received on March 30). So Yes, I believe there is something wrong with the latest update of the website (July 7). Also, by simple math, if they are working on applications received on (March 30) this means these applications took 97 days.

However, yesterday someone mentioned that he applied in April 9 and he was approved in July 17 which means 96 days. I hope some other gays with subsequent applications dates got approved.

I hope my first implication is correct.

vikcad

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
Applied April 6th.
July 17
BOWP got approved about 2 hours ago!
I did not receive an email, I just checked MyCIC account around noon today and the current status was changed from submitted to application/profile updated

Previously, under the eligibility section:
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

After the ghost update, it changed as follows:
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Not sure what's next...
Congrats!!!! Did you recieve email or post

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
@a16107 Hi there ! Hope u remember me from ROH? I got the ITA same time as you. I received my PPR request this week , golden email no update on bridging . Good luck to you!
Yea, Congratulation to you haha ~ good to know it doesn't have to wait 6 months now lol

My country doesn't do upfront Police Certificate and I am waiting the letter from Hong Kong Police....I hope I will receive my PPR too after I submit the additional document.

Can you ask for BOWP refund ?

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Yea, Congratulation to you haha ~ good to know it doesn't have to wait 6 months now lol

My country doesn't do upfront Police Certificate and I am waiting the letter from Hong Kong Police....I hope I will receive my PPR too after I submit the additional document.

Can you ask for BOWP refund ?
Hi , yes mine took about month and half. I was pleasantly surprised. You will get urs too soon before BOWP. Well I sent out my passport for stamping, apparently it takes 2.5 weeks, so I don't want to ask refund yet. I like to be on implied status till then Good luck , let me know when u get urs

Reactions: a16107

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017
Hi , yes mine took about month and half. I was pleasantly surprised. You will get urs too soon before BOWP. Well I sent out my passport for stamping, apparently it takes 2.5 weeks, so I don't want to ask refund yet. I like to be on implied status till then Good luck , let me know when u get urs
Same with us too. We applied for PR on May 28th and got Ready for Visa email on 9th July, we have sent the passport for stamping. But have not heard anything yet on our WP extension.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Same with us too. We applied for PR on May 28th and got Ready for Visa email on 9th July, we have sent the passport for stamping. But have not heard anything yet on our WP extension.
Wow @MeghaThimmappa congrats, I saw u on passport stamping forum ha ha. Any update on urs? I can't wait to get my passport back and complete the landing. I only submitted mine this week.

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017
Wow @MeghaThimmappa congrats, I saw u on passport stamping forum ha ha. Any update on urs? I can't wait to get my passport back and complete the landing. I only submitted mine this week.
Congratulations to you too. We submitted our passports yesterday. now just have to wait. Do you know how to track passport status? is there any link? Please let me know when you receive any updates. Thank you.

Island_vibes

Oct 22, 2018
Congratulations to you too. We submitted our passports yesterday. now just have to wait. Do you know how to track passport status? is there any link? Please let me know when you receive any updates. Thank you.
Hey! Did u send it w a tracking number ? That's the way to track . Also u can check tracking activated on ur return envelope. I sent mine on Wednesday, they received on Thursday. Now have to wait about 2 weeks to get an update. U can also call CIC after 10 days. Will keep u updated

MeghaThimmappa

Aug 2, 2017
Hey! Did u send it w a tracking number ? That's the way to track . Also u can check tracking activated on ur return envelope. I sent mine on Wednesday, they received on Thursday. Now have to wait about 2 weeks to get an update. U can also call CIC after 10 days. Will keep u updated
Thank You. Yes we did send it with Tracking number. Using which site can we track the status? Canada post says "It's delivered". After that do we have to wait until our CIC gets updated? Sorry for too many questions.

Mike28888

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Aor 2nd May2019, background check in process since 19th June2019.
Bowp 7th May 2019.
I have a trip coming on 5thSept. What is your recommendation guys?