+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

Yuki.Cheng

Apr 11, 2019
BOWP Applied on Jan.10th
Still waiting....
Anyone who applied at the similar time, please share you timeline. really appreciate it.
Do i need to call CIC now ?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
U don’t need to extend it . SIN is just a work identity. If u r in implied status u don’t need to visit sevice canada
Banks don't need your SIN when you're applying for loans/mortgage. I never give my SIN out
But my bank already sent me notification that my sin is expiring and I need to renew it
Some point about this issue:
1-Your SIN will automatically be valid until the end of your implied status (either you hear from your work permit or your PR). You don't need to update it. Explain this to your employer. That should be enough.
2- Your Bank shouldn't need it immediately. So there shouldn't be any problem.
3- Bank generally need SIN for information about your taxes. If you have any saving account, or TFSA, or RRSP account, Bank uses your SIN number to let CRA know of your information, CRA uses these information to decide how much limit you have in your TFSA and if you need to pay any taxes. Also, if you have any saving outside the TFSA, banks issue a T5 tax slip that is based on your SIN number
4- As soon as you receive any result from either your PR or BOWP, renew your SIN number and give it to your employer and your bank. (don't give it to anyone else!)
5- If you don't have PR, you can't get any loan or mortgage.period. Then, why worry about having sin or not.

Hope these helps

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
BOWP Applied on Jan.10th
Still waiting....
Anyone who applied at the similar time, please share you timeline. really appreciate it.
Do i need to call CIC now ?
I applied the same day, withdrew it afterwards, but haven't heard anything from them.
They haven't started working on application from Jan. 10th. don't worry
You can check the processing time here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
If you saw the processing time passed Jan. 10th and they are working on the files submitted after you, then call them. Otherwise, no need to worry

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I have applied for BOWP January 15th still waiting.
I know they still haven't start checking on applications received on January 11th etc.
That been said I have seen people applying and getting their BOWP in 2 months, on the other hand we are already waiting almost 3 months

mmario

Star Member
Dec 12, 2018
I was talking with a friend of mine that is an Immigrant Consultant and apparently, they prioritize people that have families here and also the ones that their work permit is about to finish.

Yuki.Cheng

Apr 11, 2019
I was talking with a friend of mine that is an Immigrant Consultant and apparently, they prioritize people that have families here and also the ones that their work permit is about to finish.
really ? mine is already expired on March 23rd. Hope i can get it soon