+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey guys,

After submitting our documents for PR on the 18th of July, we got a rejection last Friday due to a missing document. We uploaded PCC for Australia, but as we lived in Victoria-Australia for a while and we just learned that we should have uploaded a full license history check document from VicRoads that says we never held a driver license there too... :/

Now we opened another profile and waiting for ITA.

The problem is about BOWP...

We submitted our profile and got AOR on 18th of July through my wife for PR. After this, we applied for Bridge Open work permit for her on the 25th of July. Her OWP expired on the 30th of July. She is still working on her job as she is on the implied status with her BOWP application. But there is a big chance that BOWP might be rejected as well.. In this case, she should stop working and cannot work until getting PR as looks like she cannot apply for BOWP again after we submitted our new application hopefully before the end of this month... Because to be able to apply BOWP, you should still have the valid permit available on that date.

So massy. Does anybody have any suggestions about what to do? The only way looks like to hope the great news and getting BOWP approval...
Hi there,

Please note that: "The following is just a suggestion and you still need to ask an immigration consultant"

Probably, CIC will not touch your BOWP before October 18 which means you still in implied status. So, I think you have a chance to enter the next draw. Once you receive the new "acknowledgement of receipt letter ", attach this letter with an explanation letter to a web form and send to your BOWP application.

Find more information here
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html

https://canadian-visa-lawyer.com/the-ins-and-outs-of-implied-status-in-canada/

Keep me updated, and good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike28888

Mike28888

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
Hi there,

Please not that: "The following is just a suggestion and you still need to ask an immigration consultant"

Probably, CIC will not touch your BOWP before October 18 which means you still in implied status. So, I think you have a chance to enter the next draw. Once you receive the new "acknowledgement of receipt letter ", attach this letter with an explanation letter to a web form and send to your BOWP application.

Keep me updated, and good luck
I agree! this can be done, but better to consult.

sallam_ah

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hey guys,

After submitting our documents for PR on the 18th of July, we got a rejection last Friday due to a missing document. We uploaded PCC for Australia, but as we lived in Victoria-Australia for a while and we just learned that we should have uploaded a full license history check document from VicRoads that says we never held a driver license there too... :/

Now we opened another profile and waiting for ITA.

The problem is about BOWP...

We submitted our profile and got AOR on 18th of July through my wife for PR. After this, we applied for Bridge Open work permit for her on the 25th of July. Her OWP expired on the 30th of July. She is still working on her job as she is on the implied status with her BOWP application. But there is a big chance that BOWP might be rejected as well.. In this case, she should stop working and cannot work until getting PR as looks like she cannot apply for BOWP again after we submitted our new application hopefully before the end of this month... Because to be able to apply BOWP, you should still have the valid permit available on that date.

So massy. Does anybody have any suggestions about what to do? The only way looks like to hope the great news and getting BOWP approval...
Hi Korucu,

I have one more note in addition to what I have mentioned before. It looks like your status (work permit) still valid right?! I mean your wife OWP is expired but your work permit still have some time. If this is the case, I believe your wife still have the right to extend her OWP permit as a spouse accompanying. Now, you have another option to send a web form explaining this.

But remember, you still need to consult an immigration consultant.

Good Luck

jayesh1986

Dec 5, 2018
Got an update today. Now my eligibility status reads ”We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.”
Nice. Is it approved? could you please update when there is status change.
Regarding my application, it is filed by Lawyer, I will check with them and update.

algm

Aug 7, 2019
Regarding my application, it is filed by Lawyer, I will check with them and update.
The online status is still the same so I can't really tell if it's approved. I did try to get an update over the phone but they didn't put me through to an agent. I'll try latter today and will update you here.

algm

Aug 7, 2019
Ok... finally I was able to speak with an Agent. The application was approved today. Agent told me that I should receive the printed Work Permit soon. :)

jayesh1986

Dec 5, 2018
Ok... finally I was able to speak with an Agent. The application was approved today. Agent told me that I should receive the printed Work Permit soon. :)
Awesome. Congratulations :)
I am still waiting for the update. wondering what was the Eligibility status before it changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".

algm

Aug 7, 2019
Awesome. Congratulations :)
I am still waiting for the update. wondering what was the Eligibility status before it changed to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements".
Thanks. :)
I don't know exactly how it was before but it was something like "We will let you know when we start reviewing your application".