+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Arwy

Sep 12, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
arowberry said:
You're over thinking and making things seem far more complicated than they are.

All the AOR is, is a confirmation from the CIC to indicate that they have received a completed application from you, and that you appear to be eligible for PR.

It took longer to get the AOR under the old system because it was paper based and the applications were manually checked in Sydney, before being sent on to Ottawa.

Under EE, you already pass the 'appear to be eligible' stage when you receive your ITA. Therefore it makes perfect sense that you get the AOR very shortly after submitting your completed application.

The eligibility requirements have not changed. If you want confirmation of that, you can simply refer to the CIC website:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

This information was updated in December 2014, shortly in advance of the launch of Express Entry.
Thank you so much for such a clear explanation. I really appreciate it. You've brought me so much peace of mind! Thank you!

CEC2013RAY

Jul 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2014
Doc's Request.
24-03-2015
AOR Received.
02-03-2015
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
Hi Guys,

I submitted BOWP and OWP for my spouse application yesterday. In terms of spouse's application, in the explanation letter, should I attach my AOR and WP as well? I didn't because I thought they will be processed together. My explanation letter included AOR and WP. For my wife's explanation letter, I only attached a cover letter, bank statements from both of us, letter of employment and photos proving our relationship.

Are these sufficient and will it be a problem since I didnt include my AOR and WP in my wife's letter of explanation?

Thanks,
Ray

didee

May 25, 2014
Hi,
An someone please help in telling what should i answer for the question :

"Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?"

No or Yes?

This question is part of the check you eleigibility.

Thanks in advance!

D

dangerjas

Mar 7, 2015
Dear Senior,

i need your help. I am applying online BOWP application. in Additional Documents Section, i am trying to upload Schedule A Background form. but it is giving me some sort of error and taking to Visitor visa application. then, what is solution ? should i go without it or must upload it ?

I would be extremely thankful for your advice.

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
didee said:
Hi,
An someone please help in telling what should i answer for the question :

"Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?"

No or Yes?

This question is part of the check you eleigibility.

Thanks in advance!

D

It's a yes.

dip7777

Feb 18, 2015
Good morning everybody

my CEC application is still in process with cic applied on april 2014 .i got my BOWP with base of my CEC application now BOWP expire on 15 august 2015.
1.when i am eligible to renew the BOPW ? [do i have to wait 4 months to expire ??
2. do i have to mention my company/employers in BOWP application where i am presently working?

i would be very thankful if some can help me this situation
thank you and good luck all

dangerjas

Mar 7, 2015
Dear Friends,

I am applying Online BOWP. But, i am unable to upload Schedule A Background form. Can i proceed my application without it or it is mandatory for BOWP.

Please advice.

In advance, thankful for your advice and time.

sandymaan

May 6, 2014
dangerjas said:
Dear Friends,

I am applying Online BOWP. But, i am unable to upload Schedule A Background form. Can i proceed my application without it or it is mandatory for BOWP.

Please advice.

No it is optional, you can apply without it

mittoo1987

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
02-Jun-2014
Med's Done....
june-2015
dangerjas said:
Dear Friends,

Please advice.

Make sure there are no misktakes in your schedule a form as that might prevent it from uploading. Also try saving the document in supported formats suggested by Cic

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
Hi im on owp now and im currently applying on bowp im on implied status can i work om a other employer since im on implied? And have a owp before?

mittoo1987

Star Member
Apr 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Apr-2014
AOR Received.
02-Jun-2014
Med's Done....
june-2015
darksiders said:
Hi im on owp now and im currently applying on bowp im on implied status can i work om a other employer since im on implied? And have a owp before?

This has already been answered by CIC. See below link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

Hope this helps.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
How about the work permit? Will i just show to the new employer that im on implied by showing the proof of application?

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
darksiders said:
How about the work permit? Will i just show to the new employer that im on implied by showing the proof of application?
Hi,
you are not allowed to change employers while working on implied status. You can do so if you get the BOWP.

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
does anybody know any other way to contact CIC other than their call center and email. its very impossible to get through to their call center hotline and neither receiving any reply from email.

my SOWP online application was submitted Jan 29, together with my husband BOWP and obviously past their processing time and the date they are currently working on as published on the website. my husband already received his BOWP though last April 8

thank you all