+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

VIVICLEO

Feb 2, 2017
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
1- Nov-2019
AOR Received.
15-Nov-2019
Med's Done....
19-sept-2019
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2020
I was not on implied status.
My BOWP was approved few days ago...

Applied BOWP - Sept 23rd 2019
Approved - Jan 1st 2020

Situation: Ist AOR Sept 23rd 2019 was canceled. Re-applied Nov 15th 2019 and updated my AOR via Webform.

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Your current work permit expired already and your PR and BOWP applications have been in process, so are you on implied status now? If yes, the link above is very clear for your questions, I think.

It's very risky to leave out Canada during your implied status.
I just returned to Canada 2 days ago with PGWP expiring in 7 days + PR applied, pending + BOWP applied, pending. NO ONE at the airport asked, mentioned or checked the expiration date, they were much more interested in 5 liters of cogniac I was bringing in LOL. I had all the PR and BOWP AORs printed and ready to show. Never used any of the papers, crossed the border in 13 minutes.

Reactions: Evgeni

kabzik

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
How did you guys sorted out the expiring Health Card, SIN number while waiting for BOWP?
Being on an implied status - will I get a new health and extended sin valid?
Thanks.

miucat

Feb 27, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
How did you guys sorted out the expiring Health Card, SIN number while waiting for BOWP?
Being on an implied status - will I get a new health and extended sin valid?
Thanks.
Unfortunately you need a new valid work permit to extend your heath card.
You can buy some private heath insurance for this period.
I think the SIN number is not a problem cause even you renew it with new work permit, it will be the same number.

Reactions: sethtammy

nijjar123

Jan 18, 2020
hi everyone,
I have applied for PR in CEC with AOR on 4th march and still waiting for biometrics to be submitted when Service Canada will open.
My closed work permit will expire in September. I am thinking about applying for BOWP, but I have some doubts:
> in the question- Do you have a valid job offer?
For this question if I select no would this raise any alarm to the officer as I have selected yes for same question in my PR application.
I am worried if I select yes here they might ask for LMIA which I do not have.
> Are you accompanying a family member who has a status in Canada?
I am married and my wife is staying with me on open work permit. I am the principal applicant on my PR application. So what should I answer here.

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
I submitted my BOWP March 2-3 (PR submitted Feb 28), and I have not heard anything on BOWP. At this point, it's been almost 4 months. Should I do anything or is this expected in this pandemic and I'm not considered essential (IT)?

Thanks!..