+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Canada_Quest

Apr 19, 2015
Hi all,

I'm wondering if you can help me...

I want to apply for a BOWP before my current work permit runs out in July. I applied for PR through Canadian Experience Class last year and received the following email from CIO-Sydney in February this year...

UCI: XXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXX*

Application: XXXXXXXXXX
*XXXXXXXXXX*

Firstname Middlename Lastname:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

Your application has now been placed into processing.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

X This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your Fee Payment Form IMM 5620 authorizing CIC to take payment of processing fees using the credit card details provided. Please be informed that we processed a payment of 550.00 Canadian dollars on this credit card (ending in XXXX). Your receipt number is XXXXXXXXXX. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment dated in the amount of Canadian dollars. Your HPM Payment Receipt No. is . Please keep a copy of this letter for your records and quote this number on all correspondence relating to application fees or refunds.

Please do not forward additional documents unless requested.

Does anyone know whether this is the AOR letter that I need to apply for the BOWP? Or does the AOR letter read different to this?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
this is what u need, include this letter in your attachments when u apply.

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Any suggestion please. I applied for BOWP and OWP for me and my spouse after 21 feb which is when the rule of open work permit holder fee came into picture. At that time online the system took only $100 for me but did not charge any open work permit holder fee for my spouse application. How should i handle this situation now?
Will this result to any rejection of spouse OWP ?

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
CEC_DEC_27 said:
Any suggestion please. I applied for BOWP and OWP for me and my spouse after 21 feb which is when the rule of open work permit holder fee came into picture. At that time online the system took only $100 for me but did not charge any open work permit holder fee for my spouse application. How should i handle this situation now?
Will this result to any rejection of spouse OWP ?
Have you rang CIC Helpline ?

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
CEC_DEC_27 said:
I called them they said once the application is submitted there is nothing we can do? Apart from withdrawing the application and resubmitting it..
Im sure its fine and if not it is a system fault not yours. I would guess they would contact you and ask you to pay more if there was a an issue . You should be hearing in the next few days anyway as you a February 21st applicant

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Thanks for your reply. I am hoping the same thing. There is no mistake that is done from my side. It is the system issue. i have to wait and see there is nothing much i can do ?

hegarty147 said:
Im sure its fine and if not it is a system fault not yours. I would guess they would contact you and ask you to pay more if there was a an issue . You should be hearing in the next few days anyway as you a February 21st applicant

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
CEC_DEC_27 said:
Thanks for your reply. I am hoping the same thing. There is no mistake that is done from my side. It is the system issue. i have to wait and see there is nothing much i can do ?
did CIC even give you an update on your application status ?

sukhi1333

Sep 18, 2012
Hi guys i m going to apply for bowp ..as i am on lmo i have closed work permit till 2nd of july my questions are
1) can i apply open work permit what are the approval chances
2) my pnp nomination has expired but i have mine aor and medical form so can i attach both instead of pnp or i have to attach pnp ,aor and medical form
3)i went to india in feb so do i have to attach my ticket with that
4) what is basicaly lmia is it same as lmo
5)employer payment reciept
6) there was the two question both were related to the pr one was the did you already applied for the pr i said yes and there was one more above that i dont know what to write in that yes or no
7)my checklist is imm5710,itinerary,proof of medical exam,pp or travel document,digital photo,proof thst u meet the requirement of the job being offered ,employer questionairie and declaration,imm 5802 lmia exempt,pnp certificate and employer fees reciept
Is this checklist is the right one and thanks in advance

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
sukhi1333 said:
Hi guys i m going to apply for bowp ..as i am on lmo i have closed work permit till 2nd of july my questions are
1) can i apply open work permit what are the approval chances
There is nothing complicated about BOWP eligibility. If you're in Canada, have less than four months on your current work permit and have an AOR, then you're going to get it unless you've ballsed up badly somewhere.

2) my pnp nomination has expired but i have mine aor and medical form so can i attach both instead of pnp or i have to attach pnp ,aor and medical form
The AOR and medical is sufficient.

3)i went to india in feb so do i have to attach my ticket with that
Your plane ticket??? Highly doubtful that's of any value.

4) what is basicaly lmia is it same as lmo
They're basically the same thing. LMIA's replaced LMO's. In my opinion, the name change was for aesthetic purposes - 'impact assessment' sounds so much more dramatic than 'market opinion'.

5)employer payment reciept
This isn't a question.

6) there was the two question both were related to the pr one was the did you already applied for the pr i said yes and there was one more above that i dont know what to write in that yes or no
Please put a little more thought into your questions because you have neither included these questions or stated where you are seeing them. Are they on the application, or the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire? I guess it's 'Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?' and 'Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada'?. If so, it's a 'yes' to both.

7)my checklist is imm5710,itinerary,proof of medical exam,pp or travel document,digital photo,proof thst u meet the requirement of the job being offered ,employer questionairie and declaration,imm 5802 lmia exempt,pnp certificate and employer fees reciept
Is this checklist is the right one and thanks in advance
When going through the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire, you must answer 'no' to 'Do you have a written job offer?'. When you answer 'yes', you are implying that you want a closed work permit attached to the employer (e.g. a permit via an LMIA). Your checklist with change accordingly, leaving yourwithout the extra employer documents.