+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Who has CIC told not to apply online, when and for what reason - this does not seem correct.

adipadi said:
Hi Folks,

I am reading on multiple threads here that CIC is telling people not to apply for BOWP online. Has anyone applied for it online in the last 1-2 months and received it without any issue? Please come forward.

Thanks,
adipadi

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Amisnic said:
Who has CIC told not to apply online, when and for what reason - this does not seem correct.
Hi, I just got off the phone with CIC call center and had the most shocking conversation. The guy actually strongly advised me not to apply online, as he thinks CIC may reject it as online process "may not ask for all the required documents". To that, I told him that last year I applied for it online and it went through smoothly. He said he was surprised to hear it, but he still suggests that I do not apply online.
I then asked him if he can email me a link of where this is recommendation is made, so that I can show it to anyone who asks. So he put me on hold for 5 mins, and then he says "it's more of an internal checklist that we have which says what should not be applied online." Then I asked him if he can send me an email quoting the recommendation not to apply online. To that he says that he cannot 'modify' emails and hence cannot send it. I did not really buy that reason but I did not push it. At the end he again said to me that your online BOWP may get rejected for this reason and you may have to re-apply by paying the money all over again.

I kinda took it as a very polite scare tactic / threat.

And now, I am totally stumped at what to do. Any suggestions, folks? :(

deepdeep

May 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JUNE 1 2014
Doc's Request.
MARCH 2015 with PCC
Nomination.....
APRIL 2014
AOR Received.
29 JULY 2014
Med's Request
29 JULY 2014
Med's Done....
31 JULY 2014
Passport Req..
11 APRIL 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 APRIL 2015
LANDED..........
27 APRIL 2015
Hi Guys
I tried to read most of the comments but still got have a question.
My friend applied for CEC in July 2014 and only received AOR so far. Her PGWP is expiring in MID JUNE. She is working for a different employer after she applied CEC.

Now to extend/apply for new work permit does she need LMIA or not? Very confused about LMIA.

Please help guys?

Thank you so much

arowberry

Nov 25, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
Med's Request
26-09-2014
Med's Done....
03-10-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
deepdeep said:
Hi Guys
I tried to read most of the comments but still got have a question.
My friend applied for CEC in July 2014 and only received AOR so far. Her PGWP is expiring in MID JUNE. She is working for a different employer after she applied CEC.

Now to extend/apply for new work permit does she need LMIA or not? Very confused about LMIA.

Please help guys?

Thank you so much
To be eligible for a bridging work permit, foreign nationals must meet the following requirements:

• they are currently in Canada;
  • they have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months;
  • they are the principal applicant on an application for permanent residence under the FSWP, the CEC, the FSTP, or the PNP (see note below);
  • they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their permanent residence application under one of the Economic Class programs above; and
  • they have applied for an open work permit.
Source:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

For CEC, 'positive eligibility assessment' means that an AOR was received. You may notice that there is absolutely no mention of LMIA's in the above, because they're not required. Tell your friend to use the 'Come to Canada' questionnaire to get to the BOWP application:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

The questionnaire can be a pain in the hole, so where possible, the correct answer has been indicated below:

What would you like to do in Canada?
-WORK

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
-TEMPORARILY MORE THAN 6 MONTHS

What is the country/territory of your passport?
xxxx

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada. Help
CANADA

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
xxxx

What is your date of birth?
xxxx

Are you a permanent resident of the United States and have your alien registration card (Green Card) or other proof of permanent residence?
xxxx

What is your current immigration status in Canada?
WORKER

Does one of the following apply to you?
xxxx
Are you are a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
xxxx
Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:
xxxx

Have you been told by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
YES

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?
YES

Do you have a written job offer?
NO (despite being employed, for the sake of this questionnaire, she does not have a written job offer)

What is your marital status?
xxxx

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
xxxx

NOW SELECT OPEN WORK PERMIT OPTION

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?
xxxx

When does your status in Canada expire?
xxxx

Have you had a medical exam performed by a CIC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?
xxxx

Have you lived in a designated country or territory for more than six months in the last year?
xxxx

Do you want to work for following jobs?.
xxxx

Do you want to submit an application for a family member?
xxxx

Are you giving someone access to your application?
xxxx

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?
YES

Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?
YES

Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you need a Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
YES

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
adipadi said:
Hi, I just got off the phone with CIC call center and had the most shocking conversation. The guy actually strongly advised me not to apply online, as he thinks CIC may reject it as online process "may not ask for all the required documents". To that, I told him that last year I applied for it online and it went through smoothly. He said he was surprised to hear it, but he still suggests that I do not apply online.
I then asked him if he can email me a link of where this is recommendation is made, so that I can show it to anyone who asks. So he put me on hold for 5 mins, and then he says "it's more of an internal checklist that we have which says what should not be applied online." Then I asked him if he can send me an email quoting the recommendation not to apply online. To that he says that he cannot 'modify' emails and hence cannot send it. I did not really buy that reason but I did not push it. At the end he again said to me that your online BOWP may get rejected for this reason and you may have to re-apply by paying the money all over again.

I kinda took it as a very polite scare tactic / threat.

And now, I am totally stumped at what to do. Any suggestions, folks? :(
Thats wierd. i applied online and my wp was approved. I dont understand the reasoning that application will get rejected as "may not ask for all the required documents" .

In fact for my spouse as a document was missing i got an email notification to upload it within a a particular date. When i logged into myCic account to look at the submitted application , the status had ' requested for document' and they had provided an upload option for the new requested document. I uploaded the document and the status is changed to 'document received'.

So my point is, if any document is missing they will ask for it and have an online provision to upload it. yes, maybe the processing time might increase due to this but they definitely wont reject the application.

Besides that, just to be safe you can maybe attach all the documents in the paper application checklist not asked during online application merged with the Explaination letter into a single pdf and upload it as Additional doc/Explanation letter.

adipadi

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
rohangk said:
Thats wierd. i applied online and my wp was approved. I dont understand the reasoning that application will get rejected as "may not ask for all the required documents" .

In fact for my spouse as a document was missing i got an email notification to upload it within a a particular date. When i logged into myCic account to look at the submitted application , the status had ' requested for document' and they had provided an upload option for the new requested document. I uploaded the document and the status is changed to 'document received'.

So my point is, if any document is missing they will ask for it and have an online provision to upload it. yes, maybe the processing time might increase due to this but they definitely wont reject the application.

Besides that, just to be safe you can maybe attach all the documents in the paper application checklist not asked during online application merged with the Explaination letter into a single pdf and upload it as Additional doc/Explanation letter.
Thanks rohangk. Your experience helps and also makes common sense. Whatever they were saying never made any sense - moreover they were not willing to divulge specifics and also send me an email reply. I do not know whats wrong with them.

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
Mississauga86 said:
No luck yet :(... Will surely update something good/bad happens...
got my passport request today. i received an email notification and checked mycic with update asking for my passport.

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
All - i am seeking the help of the Seniors in this forum.

I am currently on a Closed Work Permit (Intra Company Transferee) which expires in the year 2017 only.

I do have a valid AOR confirming my Application for PR processing.

Please let me know if i am eligible to apply for an Open WP or BOWP now (despite having my WP validity atleast 1.5-2yrs down the line). The reason i am asking is that i heard that i can apply for a new Work permit only when my current one is due for expiry within 4 months from today. If not, let me know atleast if i can continue staying in Canada, in case i end up losing my job.

Your timely response is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.

Selm

Star Member
Dec 2, 2014
Excited said:
All - i am seeking the help of the Seniors in this forum.

I am currently on a Closed Work Permit (Intra Company Transferee) which expires in the year 2017 only.

I do have a valid AOR confirming my Application for PR processing.

Please let me know if i am eligible to apply for an Open WP or BOWP now (despite having my WP validity atleast 1.5-2yrs down the line). The reason i am asking is that i heard that i can apply for a new Work permit only when my current one is due for expiry within 4 months from today. If not, let me know atleast if i can continue staying in Canada, in case i end up losing my job.

Your timely response is much appreciated.

Thank you all in advance.
Hi,

My understanding is, as you have closed wp till 2017, you are not eligible to apply BOWP now. And your statement is correct i.e. you are eligible to apply BOWP only when your current WP expires within 4 months from today.

Excited

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2014
AOR Received.
09-02-2015
Med's Done....
04-07-2015 (upfront)
Interview........
RPRF request from CIC : 03 Mar 16
Passport Req..
10-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2016
LANDED..........
3rd week Apr
Selm said:
Hi,

My understanding is, as you have closed wp till 2017, you are not eligible to apply BOWP now. And your statement is correct i.e. you are eligible to apply BOWP only when your current WP expires within 4 months from today.
Thank you Selm for the update.

Can you answer my other part i.e. if i end up losing my job, can i still continue staying in Canada ? Agree i might not be able to work until i have a valid Work Permit against the new Employer but can i stay not doing any job on my Closed WP ?

god grace

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Me too applied work visa on 22 jan . No information till now. Called cec they said its approved . I don knw when they vl send hard copy. I m an august applicant. May b after PR they vl send bowp..... :mad: Is anybody have information regarding this? Till what date they sent hard copy??

skoul12

Feb 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question regarding travelling within Canada while on interim status. I have applied for my PR and am in receipt of my AOR. I have also applied for a BOWP (on April 30th). However, my PGWP expired on May 23rd, thus- I am on implied status currently and am unsure of the travel implications within the country. Can I still take a flight from Toronto to Vancouver- using my driver's license as my Government-issued ID?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Srishti

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
skoul12 said:
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question regarding travelling within Canada while on interim status. I have applied for my PR and am in receipt of my AOR. I have also applied for a BOWP (on April 30th). However, my PGWP expired on May 23rd, thus- I am on implied status currently and am unsure of the travel implications within the country. Can I still take a flight from Toronto to Vancouver- using my driver's license as my Government-issued ID?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Srishti

how did u apply for BOWP with a expired PGWP?