+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - How many of you have applied and received it successfully?

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Hey did your wife OWP got approved? If you got ur BOWP your wife shd be elgible for SOWP right? What happened do u have any idea? Please respond i and my wife applied for BOWP and OWP now i dont know whats going to happen?

omph said:
does anybody know any other way to contact CIC other than their call center and email. its very impossible to get through to their call center hotline and neither receiving any reply from email.

my SOWP online application was submitted Jan 29, together with my husband BOWP and obviously past their processing time and the date they are currently working on as published on the website. my husband already received his BOWP though last April 8

thank you all

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
omph said:
does anybody know any other way to contact CIC other than their call center and email. its very impossible to get through to their call center hotline and neither receiving any reply from email.

my SOWP online application was submitted Jan 29, together with my husband BOWP and obviously past their processing time and the date they are currently working on as published on the website. my husband already received his BOWP though last April 8

thank you all
Similar situation. I applied for my husband own Jan 29th and to this day no updates. He called CIC they said they will email whom ever, Call back again state that they send the email but no reply as yet. Am guessing it has to go under a second review not too sure the process. Sucks but I guess you will have to wait patently.

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
So you applied OWP to your husband based on your BOWP ? Both BOWP and OWP for spouse are applied together ?

Lee587 said:
Similar situation. I applied for my husband own Jan 29th and to this day no updates. He called CIC they said they will email whom ever, Call back again state that they send the email but no reply as yet. Am guessing it has to go under a second review not too sure the process. Sucks but I guess you will have to wait patently.

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
CEC_DEC_27 said:
So you applied OWP to your husband based on your BOWP ? Both BOWP and OWP for spouse are applied together ?
No only applied for my husband. I recently applied for mines on April 9th. Must be 4 month That might be the reason not too sure. But i need attached the AOR to his application.

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Ok now this confusing please tell me clearly so that we can understand the case. If i am not wrong you are the principle applicant for PR and your husband is dependent. You husband applied before than u for OWP and you applied after him for BOWP right?

Lee587 said:
No only applied for my husband. I recently applied for mines on April 9th. Must be 4 month That might be the reason not too sure. But i need attached the AOR to his application.

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
CEC_DEC_27 said:
Ok now this confusing please tell me clearly so that we can understand the case. If i am not wrong you are the principle applicant for PR and your husband is dependent. You husband applied before than u for OWP and you applied after him for BOWP right?
He will be OWP I am the principal applicant BOWP. I don't see the difference the process time for both are the same. :-\

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Hey have you got any update regarding the SOWP. You file remains to be petty straightforward. Have you provided the explanation letter?

omph said:

thank you all

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
I do agree both are same but his OWP will be issued based on ur BOWP. So unless u get your BOWP he will not get his OWP. You have to attach his application with ur application so that the visa officer will issue OWP to your spouse based on ur BOWP. Now ur case is different by the time the visa officer opened ur hushand file ur BOWP was not approved at i guess because he applied before than u. Thats why it is on hold as far as my understanding..

Lee587 said:
He will be OWP I am the principal applicant BOWP. I don't see the difference the process time for both are the same. :-\

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Hi OMPH

Is there any update on ur case plz let me know i dont find any problem with ur case. have u attached explanation letter.

omph said:

thank you all

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
ur case is straight forward as far as my understanding. Since u applied SOWP before than BOWP by the time visa officer opened ur husband file he did not find the BOWP applicaiton approved. So he might have hold the application. As simple as that

Lee587 said:
Yes it was provided.

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
CEC_DEC_27 said:
ur case is straight forward as far as my understanding. Since u applied SOWP before than BOWP by the time visa officer opened ur husband file he did not find the BOWP applicaiton approved. So he might have hold the application. As simple as that
AGREED!!

omph

Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO-Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
Nomination.....
27-07-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
included
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS shows recvd 24-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
RPRF:28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
in God's time
unfortunately, still no updates...

my expectation is based on other forum, we should receive both at the same time.. but my husband BOWP already approved and received the mail and i havent received any update on my OWP til now.

CEC_DEC_27

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Can you explain me ur case so that we can understand it an effective way.

1) Is you wife currently on SOWP or she is on visitor visa ?

2) Have you added your explanation letter to your spouse additional letter column ?

omph said:
unfortunately, still no updates...

my expectation is based on other forum, we should receive both at the same time.. but my husband BOWP already approved and received the mail and i havent received any update on my OWP til now.