+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate for PR - CEC category

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
by the way did u also submit any document from muncipality alongvwith affidavit, mentioning that the birth is not registered with them?
No. I went to a notary and they already had a specified format for that. Attached my passport and matriculation certificates for showing the names of parents. Thats it.

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
For Indian's ,if you don't have birth certificate CIC will accept 10th certificate as proof ,if name ,DOB and at least one parent name present in your certificate
I had similar issue with my husband's birth certificate. The one we submitted along with the application, CIC did not accepted that. So, I submitted his matriculation certificate for his birth proof. It worked for my case..
Hi Dimma & arorkama, a copy of the10th standard certificate or original? (Family Class Country Specific Requirements state originals need to be sent!). Thanks

Sam Singh

Apr 8, 2012
India
Category........
PNP
I have applied for Canada PR under PNP.My wife's birth place is Gangtok,Sikkim and has similar on her passport.She doesn't have birth certificate and presently we live in Punjab.What's the option available should we apply for late Birth certificate in Sikkim or it can be done through other documents that mention her Date of birth.Please do reply it's urgent.

b-pyl

Dec 2, 2017
I have applied for Canada PR under PNP.My wife's birth place is Gangtok,Sikkim and has similar on her passport.She doesn't have birth certificate and presently we live in Punjab.What's the option available should we apply for late Birth certificate in Sikkim or it can be done through other documents that mention her Date of birth.Please do reply it's urgent.
If it is hard to get a birth certificate.You could submit your wife’s 10 th grade certificate if it include her parents name. You could also add a notarized affidavit along with that as a supporting document. That will work. Good luck...

Reactions: Sam Singh

kapsg_88

Mar 22, 2018
Birth Certificate is not required for CIC. However if you are applying for PNP, then you require the same.
Hi,
Is birth certificate required in PNP ? And if this document is not there what can be the altenate solution ? Pleas suggest.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi,
Is birth certificate required in PNP ? And if this document is not there what can be the altenate solution ? Pleas suggest.
You can get an affidavit from a notary for birth certificate. You can show your school certificate and passport to notary. They will be having a format for this purpose.

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
Regardless of immigration requirements, an Indian birth certificate (Form 5) is not hard to get. I got mine in a day and half by spending 40 minutes at the Nagar Panchayat. This was 100% legal, by-the-procedure and I paid just for photocopies, minimal advocate cost etc.

I was born in the 70's so I had no hospital records etc.

1) Write a declaration stating your particulars and birth details. (place, date, name of hospital if applicable). Get a Magisterial signature/stamp on this document.
2) Attach attested/notarized copies of documents like the passport and school leaving certificate which has the date of birth.
3) Get a close relative or parents to write a declaration and get it notarized.

Submit these documents to the clerk at the municipal office or Nagar Panchayat who is a part of the Birth and Death registrar. They will enter the details in the system and then generate a printout of the Form 5. It is better to sit down with the data entry operator and make sure that all details are correct in the system. Get this completed document (form 5) signed and stamped by the manager of the registrar. Done.

If in doubt, just hire a lawyer/advocate who will take care of all this.

Last edited:

Smita11

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
How did you guys managed the police verification? Did you go to India? Also how long does it take to get the police verification certificate.

Kritikasood

Aug 3, 2018
Hi

So i have a scenario here
My husband will be the primary applicant.
As per his Passport - Place of birth is mentioned as suppose *ABC*.
He has done schooling from *DEF* city
He is actually born in *GHI* city.

Now i spoke to one of the consultant and he has suggested to get NAC / NABC (Non Availability of Birth Certicate) document.

Can someone please guide if that will work as proper document?
Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Kritikasood

Aug 3, 2018
If it is hard to get a birth certificate.You could submit your wife’s 10 th grade certificate if it include her parents name. You could also add a notarized affidavit along with that as a supporting document. That will work. Good luck...
Hi,
Did the affidavit work? Please suggest.

Akshara.jain

Feb 6, 2019
Hi All,

My husband and I are trying for Canada PR through Express Entry program. We are in India. While arranging for the documents, we came across that Birth Certificate is a mandatory document. In my husband's Birth certificate, his mother's surname is mentioned incorrect. So is there any other document that can be submitted without facing a rejection.
Please suggest.
Thanks.