xx-xx-xxxx
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
Hi tdcec.
My parents have prepared a notarized affidavit(writing the following kinds of wording) for my DOB which is also supported by a close relatives(uncle). I already got it last week from my country. Hope these two will work for me and CEC accept that. Should I again prepare a DOB certi from Canadian Lawyer? Is it required now?
Suggest.
Thanks
CS

tdcec said:
This is what I provided:

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
I here by certify that (NAME), son/daughter of (FATHER'S NAME) (Father) and (MOTHER'S NAME) (Mother), was born on (DATE OF BIRTH) in (PLACE OF BIRTH)
I hereby affirm and declare that the above information is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge.

Signed By
(SIGNATURE of FATHER/MOTHER)

(FATHER'S/MOTHER'S NAME)

Indian2014

May 8, 2014
Hi there,
I'm Indian by birth. I will be applying spouse sponsorship for Immigration from Canada. My wife is citizen of Canada. I've asked to submit my Birth certificate along with my wife. She has a birth certificate but, unfortunately i don't have because i was born at my home in 1983. But, i do have my 10th/secondary school leaving certificate ( included my Name, Dad's name and date of birth ) as proof of birth. I also have a notarized sworn affidavit in support of my Date and Place of Birth from my native.

1. can i submit the secondary school leaving certificate for not having the Birth certificate ? Should i send the Affidavit along with it?
Do i have to give any written declaration for not having "birth certificate".

2. My passport's " place of birth" has a minor spelling difference. Instead of "Seramnagar" , it's "Sreramnagar". Will this cause any significant delay in Immigration/Visa approval?

Please kindly give some advise. Thanking you.

pumbaa_g

Star Member
Jan 20, 2013
Hi All,

I apologize for restarting such an old thread but I am struggling to get my Birth Certificate corrected from Delhi and would appreciate any advice that you guys can share.
The story so far
Me and my spouse decided this year to apply for FSW and started the process of collecting our documents. On inspection of these old manuscripts (some 30 years old) we realized that both our Birth Certificates mentioned Baby Boy/Girl born to Mr So and So and Mrs So and So in ABC Hospital. Needless to say we wanted this to be corrected even though we have our SSLC Certificate with our DOB but you never know when the Visa Office may want this.
In my wife's case it was really easy, she was born in Bangalore and we were able to locate the BBMP Office on the Internet which was supposed to handle such requests. On inquiring at this office we were told that we have to go to BBMP Majestic Office to submit this request. We did submit an affidavit with copy of Original Birth Certificate/Passport & SSLC and were told to come back in a week. We were able to collect these documents in a week (charge INR 300 for 3 copies).
The tricky part came when I tried via my parents to do the same in Delhi (currently working in Blore). We have been informed that pre 1990 any requests for correction in Birth Certificate will need 25 days after submission of the application as the records are not computerized. Anyone who has either received a copy or corrected Birth Certificates in Delhi confirm if this is the correct process & time required? If anyone has any contacts of any touts or someone has gone through an agency to get this done can provide any details I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Gary27

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
braveman said:
I have to submit a copy of my birth certificate for the PR application. I am from India and in general birth certificates were not issued commonly on those days. Please let me know how to tackle this...friends please suggest me some solution to justify this situation.

I got Certificate of Date of Birth from CGI, Toronto, whether this will serve the purpose?

Thanks in advance
Hi,

My wife and I had the same issue. We got Certificate of Birth from Indian Consulate, Vancouver based on passport but sometimes it was not accepted as proof because consulate makes it based on passport. So, We went for other routes and created a Sworn in declaration stating the fact that Following is my date of birth and with the help of a lawyer. Also to justify the claim, I provided copy of passport, Certificate of Birth and mark sheet of 10th which has date of birth.

Indian2014

May 8, 2014
Thanks " Gary27 " for the information. Looks like i wouldn't go through much hassle too.

I 've Date/Place of birth Affidavit, Passport and 10th marks card + Certificate showing DOB.

Hope these are enough to satisfy. But, i'm still curious if that single extra letter "R" in place of birth (passport) will cause any issue or not?

I can renew my passport but, that will take time..

Any help/reply will be appreciated. Thanks

Gary27

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Indian2014 said:
Thanks " Gary27 " for the information. Looks like i wouldn't go through much hassle too.

I 've Date/Place of birth Affidavit, Passport and 10th marks card + Certificate showing DOB.

Hope these are enough to justify that i'm Indian by birth. But, i'm still curious if that single extra letter "R" in place of birth (passport) will cause any issue or not?

I can renew my passport but, that will take time..

Any help/reply will be appreciated. Thanks
I will still recommend you to get Sworn in declaration which will cover everything as it states that you are stating the details and own the responsibility in case of any error. Lawyer takes 20-25 CAD for notarizing it. If you need the format of same then please PM me your mail Id and I will send it to you.

Even for Place of Birth issue it will cover.

Indian2014

May 8, 2014
Hi again, i will simplify my situation/ problem below:

I'm in India. I don't have birth certificate because i was born at home and birth was not registered 30 years back. I will be applying for Canada Immigration through my Canadian spouse under Family sponsorship soon.

I have Marriage certificate, Voter ID , Affidavit for proof of Date/Place of birth which is notarized in India ( exactly where i was born), Passport, 10th and 12th Certificate and Mark sheet ( included my name, D.O.B, Father's name ), Ration card, Aadhaar card, Pan card.

Do i still need anything else as secondary evidence of Proof of birth?
will these documents be sufficient ?

Please kindly advice me. Thanks

Dimma

Star Member
Oct 22, 2012
For Indian's ,if you don't have birth certificate CIC will accept 10th certificate as proof ,if name ,DOB and at least one parent name present in your certificate

gchabs

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent on 11-02-2015
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Already Sent
File Transfer...
29-12-2014
Med's Request
09-01-2015
Med's Done....
14-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
I have Japanese Birth Certificate and my parents had got an English translation of the same back then I was born in Japan. I'm thinking to notarize a copy of both and then send an affidavit along with them. However, someone please confirm if the shared format here in this thread above is okay for an affidavit.

mandhir

May 16, 2014
quebec skilled worker

i applied for quebec skilled worker in oct 2013 but yet to recieve my file number , its almost

7 months , i am worried abt the demand draft, i guess it has validity of 6 months , plz somebody

help me regarding my querry

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys

After going through all the comments I realised that some of you got your birth certificates recently.

I am from India too and I got my birth registered in around 2010 (though I was born in 90s,,, hehehe :D).

I was wondering if the late registration date is going to be an issue ? Can someone advise on this ?

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
braveman said:
hi torap
thanks for ur detailed reply.
I am planning to attach a letter stating that at India in general birth certificates were not issued commonly before 25 years and Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) were accepted as proof of DOB and therefore I got Certificate of Date of Birth from CGI, Toronto for the same.

Also planning to attach SSLC, HSC, Driving license, passport copies as supporting docs for the same.

Hope this will justify to some extend

Any corrections?

Hi,
Can you please give me some very urgent info. I am at the last stages of setting my documents.
I have few confusions:

a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.

In case Admit card is enough , does it need to be photocopy or original ?

Sara1981

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Hi andyCanadian,

I had the same issue with my birth certificate, i submitted copy of my secondary school certificate which has my father's name and my dob along with a copy of notarized affidavit got from a lawyer(actually my dad got it). everybody is doing the same. thats easy dont take risk. u google it and get a sample affidavit which must have ur spouse name, both parents names and dob.. i hope u can it easily..

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
braveman said:
hi torap
thanks for ur detailed reply.
I am planning to attach a letter stating that at India in general birth certificates were not issued commonly before 25 years and Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) were accepted as proof of DOB and therefore I got Certificate of Date of Birth from CGI, Toronto for the same.

Also planning to attach SSLC, HSC, Driving license, passport copies as supporting docs for the same.

Hope this will justify to some extend

Any corrections?

Hello sir,
Just saw your earlier post, need your help.
Can you please give me some very urgent info. I am at the last stages of setting my documents.
I have few confusions:
a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.Its a admit card issued from board of secondary education.

Admit card photocopy will be accepted ?
Hello sir,
Just saw your earlier post, need your help.

a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.Its a admit card issued from board of secondary education. its not a pass certificate.

Admit card photocopy will be accepted ? Did it work for your case.