+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Birth Certificate for PR - CEC category

yog16patel

Dec 18, 2015
Hello all,

I have same problem. I am from India and I don't have birth certificate and I am planning to apply in Ontario.

In my School's leaving certificate and in passport both are same.

Please guide me what should I do? Is it necessary to provide birth certificate or school LC and Passport is sufficient?

My birth year is 1987.

Please help me. I have only 2 months now to apply.

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
Gary27 said:
I will still recommend you to get Sworn in declaration which will cover everything as it states that you are stating the details and own the responsibility in case of any error. Lawyer takes 20-25 CAD for notarizing it. If you need the format of same then please PM me your mail Id and I will send it to you.

Even for Place of Birth issue it will cover.
hi
My email I'd is mandeepjaurvirk@yahoo.com

Deep1

Star Member
Apr 25, 2016
Toronto
yog16patel said:
Hello all,

I have same problem. I am from India and I don't have birth certificate and I am planning to apply in Ontario.

In my School's leaving certificate and in passport both are same.

Please guide me what should I do? Is it necessary to provide birth certificate or school LC and Passport is sufficient?

My birth year is 1987.

Please help me. I have only 2 months now to apply.
Hi

Have u find any solution if yes please let me know
My email I'd is mandeepkaurvirk@yahoo.com

I am into same boat don't have birth certificate

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Deep1 said:
Hi

Have u find any solution if yes please let me know
My email I'd is mandeepkaurvirk@yahoo.com

you have a few options (may be try attaching all the docs below) :

- get the Certificate of Date of Birth from CGI
- get an affidavit for your date of birth (i think your parents can provide it)
- school leaving certificate/grade 10 or 12 certificate showing your date of birth
- passport copy

or consult someone

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Deep1 said:
Hi - this is a very old thread that some one pulled up, when the rules were different. Birth certificates used to be required (before express entry), they are no longer required for adults (unless you are trying to prove you have a relative in Canad).

They are required for children to prove the kids belong to you : )

Reactions: denapr

denapr

Star Member
May 9, 2017
Hi - this is a very old thread that some one pulled up, when the rules were different. Birth certificates used to be required (before express entry), they are no longer required for adults (unless you are trying to prove you have a relative in Canad).

They are required for children to prove the kids belong to you : )
Very comforting to hear that BC are not required any more. What do they need now to ascertain the DOB. Is a passport copy sufficient?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Very comforting to hear that BC are not required any more. What do they need now to ascertain the DOB. Is a passport copy sufficient?
Yes, your passport.

Ramana681992

Star Member
Sep 29, 2016
Alberta
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi folks,
I need help
In my birth certificate every information is correct. But mother's name is written as 'mother's kname'. I talk to municipality about this they said they have problem in the format they cannot fix it.
Does it make any issue in future?

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Birth Certificate is not required for CIC. However if you are applying for PNP, then you require the same.

nkverma

Jun 11, 2017
Birth Certificate is not required for CIC. However if you are applying for PNP, then you require the same.
Hey guys, I was going through OINP process and looks like they have mentioned the following in their document checklist:
"
Birth Certificate (mandatory)
A copy of your birth certificate or an acceptable national document where an original birth certificate is not available (i.e. letter from appropriate government authority indicating why your birth certificate is not available).
"

Unfortunately I never had a birth Certificate once born in 1980. Now what does other acceptable national documents mean hear? Would PAN card, AAdhaar card, 10th passing certficate work as all these have my DoB as in my passport, though passport has the place of birth too. Also, what do they mean by "letter from appropriate government authority ..."? Would an affidavite from parents work in this case?

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hey guys, I was going through OINP process and looks like they have mentioned the following in their document checklist:
"
Birth Certificate (mandatory)
A copy of your birth certificate or an acceptable national document where an original birth certificate is not available (i.e. letter from appropriate government authority indicating why your birth certificate is not available).
"

Unfortunately I never had a birth Certificate once born in 1980. Now what does other acceptable national documents mean hear? Would PAN card, AAdhaar card, 10th passing certficate work as all these have my DoB as in my passport, though passport has the place of birth too. Also, what do they mean by "letter from appropriate government authority ..."? Would an affidavite from parents work in this case?
Affidavit will do the job.

Reactions: nkverma

nkverma

Jun 11, 2017
Affidavit will do the job.
okay thank you so much, i have another question though. Currently my father and mother are in Canada on visit visa whereas i am in India, can my parents get the affidavite done in Canada itself or should the affidavite be done from India only as i would be applying from India? pls guide me...

nkverma

Jun 11, 2017
okay thank you so much, i have another question though. Currently my father and mother are in Canada on visit visa whereas i am in India, can my parents get the affidavite done in Canada itself or should the affidavite be done from India only as i would be applying from India? pls guide me...
experts, kindly guide me...

nkverma

Jun 11, 2017
Anyone has a clue of whether I can get affidavite from my brother who is a Canadian PR holder or does it need to be from parents only. My parents are on visit visa to Canada so not sure if parents affidavite from Canada would be acceptable?