Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
andyCanadian said:
Hello sir,
Just saw your earlier post, need your help.

a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.Its a admit card issued from board of secondary education. its not a pass certificate.

Admit card photocopy will be accepted ? Did it work for your case.
Unfortunately No my friend :(

Secondary exam certificate only can work as alternative

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
Sara1981 said:
Hi andyCanadian,

I had the same issue with my birth certificate, i submitted copy of my secondary school certificate which has my father's name and my dob along with a copy of notarized affidavit got from a lawyer(actually my dad got it). everybody is doing the same. thats easy dont take risk. u google it and get a sample affidavit which must have ur spouse name, both parents names and dob.. i hope u can it easily..
Hi Sara,
Did you provide a copy of affidavit done by your father , not the original.
Did that work. My parents can do a affidavit in India but It will take long to get the original in USA.
So just think copy of affidavit will work or not.

andyCanadian

Oct 19, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO-> CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2014
Nomination.....
14-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
Med's Request
28-08-2015
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2016
LANDED..........
02-08-2016
braveman said:
ok...I will try this.
I called up the helpline this mning and they insisted me to attach a letter explaining the birth certificate issue.
Because finally it all depends upon the individual VO who is processing our appln.
Hello sir,
Can you please give me some very urgent info. I am at the last stages of setting my documents.
I have few confusions:
a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.Its a admit card issued from board of secondary education.

Admit card photocopy will be accepted ?

Sara1981

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
yes i works.. ur spouse's father can get an affidavit... u can get sample affidavit by father in immihelp, along with secondary school certificate

vatish

Star Member
May 9, 2013
Indian2014 said:
Thanks " Gary27 " for the information. Looks like i wouldn't go through much hassle too.

I 've Date/Place of birth Affidavit, Passport and 10th marks card + Certificate showing DOB.

Hope these are enough to satisfy. But, i'm still curious if that single extra letter "R" in place of birth (passport) will cause any issue or not?

I can renew my passport but, that will take time..

Any help/reply will be appreciated. Thanks
Hi,

Did they accepted your documents in lue of birth certificate?

Thanks

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
Hi Guys I am sorry to activate an old post.I have a question that as I was born in my house in India I do not have a birth certificate .So my father got it done in India and it has a typo error in my name of two letters and same in my father's name.So it does not match the name in my passport.The birth certificate was done based on my higher secondary certificate.Now what can be done in this case.Can I go to any lawyer and get an affidavit done.

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
andyCanadian said:
Hello sir,
Can you please give me some very urgent info. I am at the last stages of setting my documents.
I have few confusions:
a) My wife doesn't have a Birth Certificate, will CIC accept her Secondary Exam Admit card , which has her father's name and her birth date.Its a admit card issued from board of secondary education.

Admit card photocopy will be accepted ?
I had similar issue with my husband's birth certificate. The one we submitted along with the application, CIC did not accepted that. So, I submitted his matriculation certificate for his birth proof. It worked for my case..

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
arorkama said:
I had similar issue with my husband's birth certificate. The one we submitted along with the application, CIC did not accepted that. So, I submitted his matriculation certificate for his birth proof. It worked for my case..
I always prefer the affidavit option. If you are doing it from India, you can do it on a 20Rs. Stamp paper and notarise it. Probably the total cost would come to 250Rs.

If the person for whom the affidavit is being made is in Toronto, you can refer to http://www.toronto-notary-public.com/ That sir charges 15 dollars per copy.

Simple and clean solution for your Date of Birth Certificate. Normally the birth certificates issued in India have a lot of spelling mistakes since it is hand written. This for me worked as an ideal solution.

Good Luck !

arorkama

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
fpaikar said:
Hi Guys I am sorry to activate an old post.I have a question that as I was born in my house in India I do not have a birth certificate .So my father got it done in India and it has a typo error in my name of two letters and same in my father's name.So it does not match the name in my passport.The birth certificate was done based on my higher secondary certificate.Now what can be done in this case.Can I go to any lawyer and get an affidavit done.

Does the name in matriculation certificate matches with the passport. If so, just send a copy of your matriculation certificate along with a cover letter either by mail or fax.

fpaikar

Jul 15, 2013
No the birth certificate issued was on vasudha of matriculation so both have the same name and it does not match the passport.

ETguru

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Friends,

I need suggestion - I am adding my spouse to my PR application and it has birth certificate as one of the required documents.She has the birth certificate but it is in Hindi.Will the CIC accept the notarized form of it or suggest how should I go on this.

techie85

Star Member
Jun 24, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2015
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
22-06-2016
Dimma said:
For Indian's ,if you don't have birth certificate CIC will accept 10th certificate as proof ,if name ,DOB and at least one parent name present in your certificate
Hi Dimma,

I have 10th certificate with my father's and mother's name on it. Would this work as a birth certificate for Ontario PNP as well CIC ? Do I need to give some declaration with it or simply 10th certificate only would work.

Would be great if someone could help in this regards. I don't have birth certificate and I won;t even be able to get it . My birth is in the year of 1985.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ETguru said:
Friends,

I need suggestion - I am adding my spouse to my PR application and it has birth certificate as one of the required documents.She has the birth certificate but it is in Hindi.Will the CIC accept the notarized form of it or suggest how should I go on this.
yes, you will have to get the birth certificate translated in english and then notarize it.

when u go to any notary public, they will translate and notarize it for you (stamp it with "for foreign embassy")

or alternately, you can translate it yourself and get it notarized. when submitting the application, attach a copy of original with the translated one.