+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Service Canada Phone Call/Booking Tracking

Purirong

May 29, 2020
I see some people are bio-metrics exempted, why some are exempted and some are not?
Because some people took biometrics before (in the last 10 years) so they are exempted.
People who didn't submit biometrics in 10 years still have to take it.

ike93

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
I submitted my biometrics last year still I got BIL.
I think you have to follow things a bit closer. :)

Biometrics are waived yesterday, for those who gave it in the last 10 years from the date of their PR application. So, unless your received your BIL today, there is nothing to be surprised about. Your account will be updated soon if you did give biometrics for another application in the given time period.

msh6870

May 20, 2020
I think you have to follow things a bit closer. :)

Biometrics are waived yesterday, for those who gave it in the last 10 years from the date of their PR application. So, unless your received your BIL today, there is nothing to be surprised about. Your account will be updated soon if you did give biometrics for another application in the given time period.
wohooo

I wasn't aware of this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html#eligible

Reactions: ike93

tr3c00l

Aug 3, 2020
I just checked my IRCC account: On the overview page the "current status" changed from "Your action is required" back to "Submitted".

In the application page itself, nothing has changed (yet). It still says:

"
Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
"

So I guess things are updating slowly :)

My AOR is July 7th 2020

Reactions: msh6870

lakshgosain

Jan 20, 2020
I just checked my IRCC account: On the overview page the "current status" changed from "Your action is required" back to "Submitted".

In the application page itself, nothing has changed (yet). It still says:

"
Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
"

So I guess things are updating slowly :)

My AOR is July 7th 2020
This is the change that happens when its been 30 days or more since your BIL and you have not completed biometrics. It's normal if it has been 30 days.
If you have given biometrics in the last 10 years, it might be the change due to biometrics being waived for some.

d13

Jun 9, 2020
I gave my biometric last year before came here at india.but I gave my biometric for open workpermit visa so is it valid for PR???

d13

Jun 9, 2020
But I have BIL for PR.i read news that it is now changed because of covid.so is it true??? I do not give biometric.

xmanprash

Star Member
Sep 9, 2020
But I have BIL for PR.i read news that it is now changed because of covid.so is it true??? I do not give biometric.
Yes, you do not need to give biometric even if you have got BIL previously. As you have already given your biometrics for open work permit, system will automatically use your existing biometric and it will reflect in your PR application(It might take some time).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures/biometric-exemption-permanent-residence.html#eligible