+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics Service Canada Phone Call/Booking Tracking

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
Quick Update:

I just checked mycic account and our biometrics is updated with Biometrics section saying that its Completed, Sep 24, 2020 and valid until 2030. So that means they are updating it the same day. :)

Hi All,

I want to share my experience with biometrics appointment which was today in Halifax, we got a call from an unknown
no. on Sep 22 afternoon and were given time slots choice for Sep 24 morning or afternoon. One thing if you are applying with your spouse/dependents who also require biometrics, please tell them because they initially said we would get separate calls.

At the SC entrance only we were present for biometrics. We were strictly instructed to wear masks all the time within the SC premises during appointment booking. We were asked standard COVID screening questions by the security while we were waiting in the queue. After that we went one by one inside SC to a designated counter. We hand in our original passport and BIL to the processing clerk.

I couldn't get much information about the processing time or per day appointments handled by them from the clerk but hoping that SC is working at a good pace here for candidates waiting for their biometrics. I hope those waiting would recieve a call soon from them. All the best!

Last edited:

HayleyB-HFX

Sep 16, 2020
Hi All,

I want to share my experience with biometrics appointment which was today in Halifax, we got a call on Sep 22 afternoon and were given time slots choice for Sep 24 morning or afternoon. One thing if you are applying with your spouse/dependents who also require biometrics, please mention to them because they initially said we would get separate calls.

At the SC entrance only we were present for biometrics. We were strictly instructed to wear masks all the time within the SC premises during appointment booking. We were asked standard COVID screening questions by the security while we were waiting in the queue. After that we went one by one inside SC to a designated counter. We hand in our original passport and BIL to the processing clerk.

I couldn't get much information about the processing time or per day appointments handled by them from the clerk but hoping that SC is working at a good pace here for candidates waiting for their biometrics. I hope those waiting would recieve a call soon from them. All the best!
Congratulations! Hope you hear good news soon.

Reactions: JaxT

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
me too applied BOWP since July - still waiting.
Status on profile says 99% but not received Biometrics call and it has not been waived off either.
AOR 27 Mar..
Biometrics for temporary visas were waived back in July I think. An agent on the phone confirmed as well that that applies to bowp. But she also told me I should apply but that they may wait until the last minute to issue it, if at all. For me, as everything except biometrics is done she said they might even let me slip into implied status rather than issue it (for me this will happen in December), because I would get PR soon after if not by then. And then they'll refund the bowp.

Alsy

Sep 25, 2020
Biometrics for temporary visas were waived back in July I think. An agent on the phone confirmed as well that that applies to bowp. But she also told me I should apply but that they may wait until the last minute to issue it, if at all. For me, as everything except biometrics is done she said they might even let me slip into implied status rather than issue it (for me this will happen in December), because I would get PR soon after if not by then. And then they'll refund the bowp.
yes you are right no biometrics for BOWP required. Thats good news if they will allow implied status and then direct pr and refund bowp!
However under implied status - can we change employers?