Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
A paragraph from Senate May 10, 2017 - Debates (Question Period)

Senate Amendment to Bill C-6
Hon. Ratna Omidvar: Honourable senators, I'm going to revert to practice and my question will be to the Leader of the Government in the Senate, Senator Harder.

Today the Federal Court decided a very important case that weighs in on our work. The case is Hassouna et al v. The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. It challenged the government's citizen revocation process. Madam Justice Jocelyn Gagné ruled in favour of the litigants and struck down the relevant sections of the Citizenship Act. She found that the government's process to revoke citizenship on grounds of fraud or false representation violated a constitutional statute. The decision confirms that the Senate was correct and the government's process does not comply with the Bill of Rights, section 2(e).

Four key principles outlined by Justice Gagné are all found within the Senate's amendments to Bill C-6.

Will the government respect the Senate's amendment to restore due process?

Hon. Peter Harder (Government Representative in the Senate): I thank the honourable senator for her question. Indeed the judgment of the Federal Court is an important one. The minister is reviewing the judgment and will, at the appropriate time, come forward with specific comments.

With regard to the question and the amendments put forward by the Senate, as senators will well know from both the presence of the former minister and this minister as well as committee consideration of Bill C-6, the government expressed its openness to receive amendments with respect to right of review. The government is considering the Senate bill, as amended, and will be making a decision very shortly.

Reactions: RanRan and MWM

doombuggy

Dec 8, 2014
Hello House,
Under the new 3/5 years requirement, is there still a minimum yearly residency of 183 days?
Thanks in advance for your response.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014

Hon. Ratna Omidvar: Honourable senators, I'm going to revert to practice and my question will be to the Leader of the Government in the Senate, Senator Harder.

Today the Federal Court decided a very important case that weighs in on our work. The case is Hassouna et al v. The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration. It challenged the government's citizen revocation process. Madam Justice Jocelyn Gagné ruled in favour of the litigants and struck down the relevant sections of the Citizenship Act. She found that the government's process to revoke citizenship on grounds of fraud or false representation violated a constitutional statute. The decision confirms that the Senate was correct and the government's process does not comply with the Bill of Rights, section 2(e).

Four key principles outlined by Justice Gagné are all found within the Senate's amendments to Bill C-6.

Hon. Peter Harder (Government Representative in the Senate): I thank the honourable senator for her question. Indeed the judgment of the Federal Court is an important one. The minister is reviewing the judgment and will, at the appropriate time, come forward with specific comments.

With regard to the question and the amendments put forward by the Senate, as senators will well know from both the presence of the former minister and this minister as well as committee consideration of Bill C-6, the government expressed its openness to receive amendments with respect to right of review. The government is considering the Senate bill, as amended, and will be making a decision very shortly.
Is this a good news or bad ?

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017

Good to know- thanks

nabilfuad

May 13, 2017
Hi guys don't believe them act c6 never ever its gonna became a law just a movie to let us feel better and liberty and vote for them if you look for freedom you have to live outside of canada and us just they brain wash us to make us happy slaves

nabilfuad

May 13, 2017
Seconding a motion is a formal procedure that isn't really relevant for the process. In fact, bills are often discussed while the person who seconded a motion isn't present. Also, Hussen's travel plans weren't ad-hoc but planned ahead. So they wouldn't have put it on there in the first place if they required him to be there.
you are profesional how you explain and thank you

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
Anything on the agenda for the next week ?
Looks like nothing re C-6 this week. And HoC is not sitting next week. Coming back on May 29. We just need to be patient.