+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Bill C-37 was sent back to Senate, today they are probably sending back C-7 and there are a few days left for C-4. I think we'll hear about C-6 next week. That would leave the entire month of June for ping pong play between the two Chambers if any

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
The question is when will it be active so we will be able to apply for citizenship.. I can apply in Oct, 2017. I have a feeling it will be active in Jan, 2018.
Really you made me , I don't mean to disrespect you , so Pls forgive me , the thing is you said I have a feeling it will be active Jan 2018 , which mean's people in this forum since bill c 6 started and they have a feelings on implementation day .... first their feelings said Canada day 2016 , then Christmas 2016 , then April 2017 , then Canada day 2017 , and now your feelings said Jan 2018 , and you know what my feelings says That 3/5 rule will not be implemented before summer 2018 and who knows may be one day will reach a day our feelings will say Jan 2019 ,

Also I have to mention something else , senator Jeffer said that she believes it will become a low before this summer . I don't know how this possible and the ping pong game will resume In a few days and may be not .

When I look at the time line of this bill my feelings says that ping pong game will take more than June sitting's , as if there is really an effort to pass it before summer they should already been started , the bill in there hands since almost 2 weeks now , and nothing happened , even a comment .

We are only here in this forum to express our feelings and share it together without a solid ground to build our thoughts & hopes on .

For me I wish everybody to be happy to be patient and to reach their goals , I know that everyone has a different story and different reasons why he or she needs this bill to be passed . It will pass one day and will be implemented but I think after the people who wants the 3/4 rule already have 4 years in hand .

Last edited:

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Really you made me , I don't mean to disrespect you , so Pls forgive me , the thing is you said I have a feeling it will be active Jan 2018 , which mean's people in this forum since bill c 6 started and they have a feelings on implementation day .... first their feelings said Canada day 2016 , then Christmas 2016 , then April 2017 , then Canada day 2017 , and now your feelings said Jan 2018 , and you know what my feelings says ( ) That 3/5 rule will not be implemented before summer 2018 and who knows may be one day will reach a day our feelings will say Jan 2019 ,

Also I have to mention something else , senator Jeffer said that she believes it will become a low before this summer . I don't know how this possible and the ping pong game will resume In a few days and may be not .

When I look at the time line of this bill my feelings says that ping pong game will take more than June sitting's , as if there is really an effort to pass it before summer they should already been started , the bill in there hands since almost 2 weeks now , and nothing happened , even a comment .

We are only here to express our feelings and share it together without a solid ground to build our thoughts & hopes on .

For me I wish everybody to be happy to be calm and to reach their goals , I know that everyone has a different story and different reasons why he or she needs this bill to be passed . It will pass one day and will be implemented but I think after the people who wants the 3/4 rule already have 4 years in hand .
No I agree with you. No one knows what will happen including the Senators and PMs. I think Mobina knows that the amendments will be refused, I am sure she has friends in the government who are involved in the Bill. Don't judge me when I say my feeling, human beings are driven by their emotions, some of us are pessimistic and others not.

You and us will judge people who say they are certain of something with no proof.

capermanet

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
The question is when will it be active so we will be able to apply for citizenship.. I can apply in Oct, 2017. I have a feeling it will be active in Jan, 2018.
I hope it will become a law before summer break, but you could be right things are moving really slow,

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
Bill C-7 was sent yesterday back to the Senate, C-4 should go today or tomorrow. There will be just C-6 left in HoC, hopefully when they come back from their short break