Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Called local MP office and they told there is no chance C6 implemented before 2018. Late 2018 is a good chance.

She said C6 is not priority and government is under pressure to pass other bills first.

Seems like more weed smokers are calling MPs and ministers for their bills, while people here just come to this forum and talk.

Quasar- Thanks for your efforts!!

Guys, call your MP, email Minister and PM Trudeau to implement C6. Nothing moves until MPs and Minister feel the need/pressure from people.

If your MP is conservative, no need to call. Just email Minister Hussen and PM Trudeau.

Last edited:

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Called local MP office and they told there is no chance C6 implemented before 2018. Late 2018 is a good chance.

She said C6 is not priority and government is under pressure to pass other bills first.

Seems like more weed smokers are calling MPs and ministers for their bills, while people here just come to this forum and talk.

Quasar- Thanks for your efforts!!

Guys, call your MP, email Minister and PM Trudeau to implement C6. Nothing moves until MPs and Minister feel the need/pressure from people.
No surprise here...

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
That's right, C6 is not priority to Canadians. Why should it be?
Did people in this forum vote in the last election? No, of course. Because we can't. Calling my conservative MP to tell him to pressure HoC to move forward with a bill that they don't support is oxymoronic.

kirtivsingh

Dec 13, 2011
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
12-02-2016
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
21-08-2016
I do not want to hurt anyone's feeling or efforts which they are making to get the Bill C-6 Passed.
But I have a simple question to all the people who are impatiently waiting for Bill C-6 to pass. What is that you will be able to do as a resident of Canada after becoming a citizen that you cannot do as a PR?

Why are we so impatiently waiting to become a citizen and cannot wait for a few extra years which are part of the citizenship act.

TBH it is like a DAD takes his teenage son to a fancy car showroom and says I will get you this car in 5 years and later he gets a promotion and the son has a hope that he might get it earlier because his father makes more money now.

Just have patience people things take their due course of time and everyone feels their issues should be on priority.

NO PUN intended.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
[QUOTE="kirtivsingh, post: 5995157, member: 187014"]I do not want to hurt anyone's feeling or efforts which they are making to get the Bill C-6 Passed.
But I have a simple question to all the people who are impatiently waiting for Bill C-6 to pass. What is that you will be able to do as a resident of Canada after becoming a citizen that you cannot do as a PR?

1. My industry favors Canadian citizens over PR
2. My career requires a high level security clearance for advancement
3. I need the freedom to travel as I please for several months, should my company needs me to

I'm not one of those that are impatient, but I WANTED TO POINT OUT that some people have clear reasons for wanting the sordid c-24 repealed.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: Mike053 and Ramik

globalstar66

Feb 10, 2016
What is that you will be able to do as a resident of Canada after becoming a citizen that you cannot do as a PR?
You assume everyone is in the same boat..... and we're not. So don't make assumptions for everyone else. As an example - we have been living in Canada for over 6 years - originally from South Africa - and in the past 6 years, we have spent over $2000 just on renewing our SA passports from here in Canada (a large chuck of the cost going towards paying a Notary Public to verify stacks of documents). We have spent over $8000 just on Visas for travel to USA, UK and Europe....

So not having a Canadian passport has cost us North of $10000..... Other people will have other reasons for being in a rush....

Reactions: Mike053 and Ramik

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
Well Mobina Jaffar said it will take a month before it is discussed in the HoC. Of course implementation will take around a year.
So by July-August 2018. This bill is good for refugees and newcomers.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Well Mobina Jaffar said it will take a month before it is discussed in the HoC. Of course implementation will take around a year.
In a recent statement in HoC the Minister Hussein said they will implement C-6 very quickly, somebody also shared the statement link In this forum. B+

Reactions: Ramik

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I wouldn't take the assessment of local MP staff do be the most binding source regarding the bill's prospects. The same holds for Senator Jaffer's assessments. While I do not want to diminish her tremendous efforts to get this bill passed, she frequently insinuated in March that C-6 will pass the Senate soon but instead it took another two months for all the amendments to be discussed. So she has been wrong before with her assessment.

I'm not saying that I know it better. I'm just saying don't take such single quotes as definitive information unless they come from the people actually in charge of the process now, e.g. the Government Leader in the House or the Minister.

My advice is: The bill is not currently before the House as an agenda item. So as long as it's not even on the order paper (and therefore definitely not in the projected business), I suggest we all reset our "check for updates" timer from "every day" to "once a week" which is way more reasonable.

Reactions: Ramik

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
In a recent statement in HoC the Minister Hussein said they will implement C-6 very quickly, somebody also shared the statement link In this forum. B+
'Very quickly' is a very vague statement, as long as there's no explicit time line set, the information contained in 'very quickly' is basically nothing

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
'Very quickly' is a very vague statement, as long as there's no explicit time line set, the information contained in 'very quickly' is basically nothing
Yes indeed. But again, how can anyone reasonably expect definitive statements from the Minister a mere six days after the bill passed. Keep in mind that a week ago they were still discussing amending the core of the bill (terrorist clause). Obviously they need time to set an agenda first.

If you force people to give you info (e.g. call the local riding office) or skim the internet obsessed with finding some info, don't complain that the info you receive is vague or even wrong.

The honest answer to the timeline question right now is: There is no definitive answer, please call back later. However it seems that many people in this forum can't live with that.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I wouldn't take the assessment of local MP staff do be the most binding source regarding the bill's prospects. The same holds for Senator Jaffer's assessments. While I do not want to diminish her tremendous efforts to get this bill passed, she frequently insinuated in March that C-6 will pass the Senate soon but instead it took another two months for all the amendments to be discussed. So she has been wrong before with her assessment.

I'm not saying that I know it better. I'm just saying don't take such single quotes as definitive information unless they come from the people actually in charge of the process now, e.g. the Government Leader in the House or the Minister.

My advice is: The bill is not currently before the House as an agenda item. So as long as it's not even on the order paper (and therefore definitely not in the projected business), I suggest we all reset our "check for updates" timer from "every day" to "once a week" which is way more reasonable.
Exactly!
and there's no need to talk about 'I will be qualified under the new rule in a few months what should I do now' - it will just be waste of time preparing for anything at the moment. There's a good chance that you may already be qualified under 4/6 before this new rule kicks in.

walktheline

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
My guess is, they are going to get it passed just before the next election campaign starts (2018) and hold it until a date after election completes (end of 2019) to implement. In this way, they can say they fulfilled their last election promise, but if you want to see the bill get implemented (not reverted again by Conservatives), continue voting for them in 2019. Another benefit is there will be no operational impact (i.e. backlog buildup to delay processing time) during this government.