+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
CANADIANZ said:
Seems like its another long delay... Its a key bill as promised in elections, do not understand why Liberals do not prioritize it..

In case of C-24 it got royal accent the same day it passed from Senate.
Liberals not prioritizing because they are no pressure from constituents to pass....

People here think calling MPs/Minister is worthless, so what else can we expect from politicians when they do not hear from masses.

Nobody cares if people themselves dont care.

i again say call MPs and Minister and PM in mass....

Varangian

Mar 13, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
Med's Request
05-09-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
Passport Req..
15-02-2015
LANDED..........
13-03-2015
CANADIANZ said:
Bill C-6 is no where in the projected order of Business on HoC website at-least till May 12th.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?Pub=projected&Language=E&Mode=1&Parl=42&Ses=1

Seems like its another long delay... Its a key bill as promised in elections, do not understand why Liberals do not prioritize it..

In case of C-24 it got royal accent the same day it passed from Senate.
That's why it's called Projected!
I assume we'll see C-6 in HoC next week.

Amoojoon

Apr 27, 2017
spyfy said:
I can't find the message on there, just the debate from Wednesday and the vote tally...
In case the pass Bill C-6 passes; how long it takes until it is operational?
I understand it takes at least 8-10 months to be operations. Is that right?

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
CANADIANZ said:
Bill C-6 is no where in the projected order of Business on HoC website at-least till May 12th.
Way too soon to tell. Hang in there. It's coming. Let's see what is added to the schedule next week.

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Amoojoon said:
Is that right that bill C-6 will take about one year to be operational if it passes?
Also a good question. On one hand, they could set it forward to take effect for a year like C-24.
On the other, they might recognize how long this process took to assend with respect to those of us who have waited and are anxious to reap it's benefits and make it sooner.

We won't until royal ascent.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
so much to wait..i am sure many here are now eligible if c-6 passes but you know , just in case it passes please open 3-4 threads, and let others know ..
I am tired and not following it any more

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Amoojoon said:
Is that right that bill C-6 will take about one year to be operational if it passes?
It may, if not lot of people call/email minister to implement ASAP.

IRCC bureaucrats are red tape government employees, they want long/slow implementation.

Its upto those who are impacted to call/email minister/MPs and push for fast implementation.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Chillllll, people :)

I have the feeling some people expected it to go like this:

"The senate passes the bill. The Speaker shouts "Splendid! Send a messenger to the West Wing informing the Commons about this historic passage!" A messenger runs through the hall, opens the doors of the Commons, and shouts "The Bill has Passed". The HoC erupts into cheers and immediately drops all business. They vote and it passes into law. Champagne and glitter rains from the ceilings, a choir of immigrants sings "We are the champions" from the balcony and we all lived happily ever after. THE END."

This is not how it works.

Jokes aside, it is pretty much ridiculous to assume that 48 hours after the bill passed the Senate there is any indication of its status whatsoever in the Common's documents. How on earth is that an indication that things are going slow. This has to go over several administrative tables before it reaches the Commons. Spoiler alert: There are no messengers running from the East Wing to the West Wing. Instead it takes some days for documents going through parliamentary bureaucracy.

This has been going on for a year and you are complaining about nothing happening in two days. Again, chilllll.

Redfield

Mar 9, 2017
spyfy said:

"The senate passes the bill. The Speaker shouts "Splendid! Send a messenger to the West Wing informing the Commons about this historic passage!" A messenger runs through the hall, opens the doors of the Commons, and shouts "The Bill has Passed". The HoC erupts into cheers and immediately drops all business. They vote and it passes into law. Champagne and glitter rains from the ceilings, a choir of immigrants sings "We are the champions" from the balcony and we all lived happily ever after. THE END."

Jokes aside, it is pretty much ridiculous to assume that 48 hours after the bill passed the Senate there is any indication of its status whatsoever in the Common's documents. How on earth is that an indication that things are going slow. This has to go over several administrative tables before it reaches the Commons. Spoiler alert: There are no messengers running from the East Wing to the West Wing. Instead it takes some days for documents going through parliamentary bureaucracy.

This has been going on for a year and you are complaining about nothing happening in two days. Again, chilllll.
I laughed :D

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
spyfy said:

I called my my conservative MP Bob Saroya and he told me exactly what you just described Spyfy: ..."A messenger runs through the hall, opens the doors of the Commons, and shouts "The Bill has Passed". The HoC erupts into cheers and immediately drops all business. They vote and it passes into law. Champagne and glitter rains from the ceilings, a choir of immigrants sings "We are the champions" from the balcony and we all lived happily ever after."
Spyfy, you owe me a new laptop, you made me spill my evening tea!

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
spyfy said:

Thanks for being the voice of reason, and bringing some levity to some of this total absurdity ::) that is taking hold on these forums!!!

khalidcivil

Jul 28, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
very well said. Its more of a frustration for the people which caused such assumptions.

spyfy said:

RICO11

Oct 1, 2011
spyfy said:
This is - unfortunately - completely incorrect.

I can't tell if the HoC will accept the amendment or not.

However, it is not unconstitutional. First of all, nowhere in the Constitution of Canada (= the several laws comprising the Constitution, British North America Act and so on) does it state that 18 is the age of majority and that you have to be 18 to apply to the government for anything.

Also, you misunderstood the amendment. Even if this amendment passes, a minor may sign the application but it must still be countersigned by a legal guardian. For example, a minor refugee child has a legal guardian assigned to them who would countersign the application. This legal guardian is not their parent! So far, without the amendment, no one could file an application on the child's behalf unless the actual parents (adoptive or natural) apply at the same time or are already citizens. Not even a legal guardian could do it. This is what the amendment changes. Note that even under the current law, when a child of Canadian parents applies for citizenship, it is the child who applies. It is the parents who sign for the child but it is still the child who applies. That is already the case.

Again, nothing about this amendment is contradictory to other laws or custom. And it is definitely not unconstitutional.

It is also generally incorrect that minors do not have any legal capacity. For example, a minor has all the legal capacity to agree to a trade within usual limits. For example, every time a child buys a pack of chewing gum, it goes into a legal contract with the seller. You seem to misunderstand the term "legal capacity".

And I can guarantee that this has nothing to do with sex, gambling or smoking pot. I promise :)

The HoC might not accept this amendment for many other reasons of course.
- can you please let me know if the amendments made by the senate that allow minors to apply alone will change the residency requirements for children under 18 that applied in the current law.
- I'm eligible to apply for the citizenship this august based on the current law C-24 but my kids just arrived to Canada in January 2016. will I be able include them in my application in august if the C-6 APPLIED before this august.

thank you for your kinds advice