+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Hey said:
That means tomorrow will be the voting on C 6
No, they will start the debate on C-6 3rd reading as announced by the speaker, but you never know another Sen. may rise with a new amendment we have to wait and see

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Hey said:
Ok question though
Can they amend the new amendments!!??
I'm not an expert but i don't think so, if there was any amendment to the amendment it should have been represented before the vote like what happened to Sen. Mccoy amendment when there was a translation error

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Montreal101 said:
I'm not an expert but i don't think so, if there was any amendment to the amendment it should have been represented before the vote like what happened to Sen. Mccoy amendment when there was a translation error
Indeed they can't amend the amendments anymore that already passed. They could, however, amend new amendments that are coming.

MTweet12

Sep 1, 2013
People on this forum keep saying amendments won't pass HoC. Any actual reasons behind this aside from gut feelings?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
MTweet12 said:
People on this forum keep saying amendments won't pass HoC. Any actual reasons behind this aside from gut feelings?
Indeed just gut feelings and people claiming to know someone who knows someone...

dsingh.bly

Apr 11, 2017
I was following this for weeks, and don't know where it is heading. There is no limit on imaginations turning into amendments without proper research and this can continue forever.

I don't know why they want to make C6 perfect.. it can't happen..

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
spyfy said:
Indeed just gut feelings and people claiming to know someone who knows someone...
https://twitter.com/SenJaffer/status/851936675571912705

maybe 2 more amendments to come,

For negative members who are spreading their negativity that these new amendments will not be accepted by HoC

Please note that today sen Harder thanked the senates for all the new amendments that are being introduced and for the ones to come, all these valuable amendments will be passed by HoC

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
MTweet12 said:
Yes, the amendment passed.
Thanks. Sen. Jaffer is guessing 2 more amendments are coming.

I'm most interested in the residency requirement amendment, wonder what that will entail.

https://twitter.com/SenJaffer/status/851936675571912705

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
MTweet12 said:
The government had clearly specified that they were only open to the amendment that deals with fair process .
Now they are repealing a law that has not been passed yet ..trying to be superheroes.
Sen jaffer and others wanted this bill to pass faster by not amending it at committee stage ( worst call ever ) and insisted on the revocation/fair process/appeal process amendment , and that it'd be the only one they will focus and yet she voted FOR the amendment . If it was properly amended at committee stage , the bill wouldn't be where it is right now .
We have a record of 9 sittings for C4 and 8 sittings for C6 , those two bills will probably break all records .