+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

This is my second post in this forum besides one that I have made on page 305 introducing myself to everyone. I have been a mute spectator on here and have followed all your posts(both good and bad) diligently.

So just to update everyone with a piece of information that I just received from Stephanie Cheureng(could be another spelling of her last name apologize for it if incorrect!!!), HOC Parliamentary affairs just a few minutes ago in a telephone conversation at 613 995 2727 where she hinted at the fact that the Government is working on rejecting one of the Senate's amendments and the change that is likely going to be introduced will be minor enough to allow the Senate to accept the HOC's recommendation.

I would assume that this is the reason the HOC is delaying the Bill while the IRCC work to introduce the rejection motion and the language amendment back to the Senate. Lastly, Stephanie will be getting back to me about coming into force timeline that I'm particularly interested in with regards to this Bill. When I hear about it, I will gladly advise everyone here.

Stephanie Cheureng also mentioned that its the Government's firm intent to have the bill passed before Summer recess but that is something we've all heard before and I will not speculate on that part of her assessment.

I think its important for us to have a clear picture on where we stand with regards to this bill. I would encourage others on this forum to contact the HOC Parliamentary affairs office at 613 995 2727 and hear this for yourself before I have the 'experts' on this forum hold me in contempt for dissuading others or being pessimistic.

I have quoted a name and number of the person I have spoken with first hand and yes I don't believe in spreading rumours so please spare me the personal attacks. I am generally a mute spectator and intend to remain the same without being involved in debate. I would only state facts based on what I have gathered.

Being a qualified lawyer in Ontario, I hold my credibility to be extremely valuable to me as should be the case with everyone here. This is not 'advice' by any means but a report of the conversation I've had to the folks here so that we may have a little bit of truth on the matter for a change besides the usual muck being thrown around to seek glory and the confusing governmental red tape.

Good luck everyone and have a great week ahead!!!
Seems like only a minor amendment from HOC. Anyway, I could only trust this government till the end of June and only if c-6 becomes law before summer recess. Still don't understand why Minister Hussen never respond any word about c-6. Just simply don't like his attitude of communication.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

Razorius

Apr 13, 2017
So do you think they are going to reject an amendment or further amend it ?
We are all hoping here that the Governement keep their promise and get C-6 approved. It's just that with two weeks left for HoC and 3 weeks left in Senate, it's just frustrating to see them get so close to the edge.
I would a guess a further amendment is in order based on what I have heard. Again, we are speculating but I really do hope that this is the case. Thanks!

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Hello Everyone,

This is my second post in this forum besides one that I have made on page 305 introducing myself to everyone. I have been a mute spectator on here and have followed all your posts(both good and bad) diligently.

So just to update everyone with a piece of information that I just received from Stephanie Cheureng(could be another spelling of her last name apologize for it if incorrect!!!), HOC Parliamentary affairs just a few minutes ago in a telephone conversation at 613 995 2727 where she hinted at the fact that the Government is working on rejecting one of the Senate's amendments and the change that is likely going to be introduced will be minor enough to allow the Senate to accept the HOC's recommendation.

I would assume that this is the reason the HOC is delaying the Bill while the IRCC work to introduce the rejection motion and the language amendment back to the Senate. Lastly, Stephanie will be getting back to me about coming into force timeline that I'm particularly interested in with regards to this Bill. When I hear about it, I will gladly advise everyone here.

Stephanie Cheureng also mentioned that its the Government's firm intent to have the bill passed before Summer recess but that is something we've all heard before and I will not speculate on that part of her assessment.

I think its important for us to have a clear picture on where we stand with regards to this bill. I would encourage others on this forum to contact the HOC Parliamentary affairs office at 613 995 2727 and hear this for yourself before I have the 'experts' on this forum hold me in contempt for dissuading others or being pessimistic.

I have quoted a name and number of the person I have spoken with first hand and yes I don't believe in spreading rumours so please spare me the personal attacks. I am generally a mute spectator and intend to remain the same without being involved in debate. I would only state facts based on what I have gathered.

Being a qualified lawyer in Ontario, I hold my credibility to be extremely valuable to me as should be the case with everyone here. This is not 'advice' by any means but a report of the conversation I've had to the folks here so that we may have a little bit of truth on the matter for a change besides the usual muck being thrown around to seek glory and the confusing governmental red tape.

Good luck everyone and have a great week ahead!!!
Wow thanks for the information! It seems legit indeed! Thanks!

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
Thank you, for that explanation and info. No doubt there are many wranglings going on behind doors, but I personaly think that this is unfair by the LIBS to carry on this drama for 17 months now knowing that more than 1000 of us are waiting for this bill. After all this was one of the first bills they presented.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013

Thanks for the information!

Last edited:

VFX_man

Star Member
Feb 20, 2017
There is no more 183 days requirement in the new rules. You could, for example have the following days:
year 1: 365 days
year 2: 365 days
year 3: 122 days
year 4: 122 days
year 5: 122 days

That is more than 1095 days and you qualify for citizenship
So my situation, guessing the partial 2012 drops off the count since it would be outside the 3/5 widow?

6 Year: Pre PR 2012 = 40/2 = 20 [falls off the count?]
5 Year: Pre PR 2013 = 337/2 = 168.5
4 Year: Pre PR 2014 = 316/2 = 158

4 Year: Full PR 2014 Full PR day total = 13
3 Year: Full PR 2015 = 354
2 year: Full PR 2016 = 340
1 year: Full PR 2017 = 152

This should give me 1,172.5 not counting 2012

That seem right?

Thanks! M

Last edited:

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
Once again , they're messing around with people's minds .
I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't pass before summer break .
We've been telling hard cold truth and we were flagged pessimistic , let's move on , if it has to pass before summer break then let it be , if not then it will just confirm once again . It's pointless to stress over a piece of legislation . Liberals have proven to be lost at large .Always the same story , it will be tomorrow , next week , tonight , by the end of ... , canada day 2050
By the way , delays are getting tighter as we go along june .
Guys , lfie is short , i sincerely wish it passes asap , but sometimes politicians aren't worth a lot of trust , especially when it comes down to play with people's emotions.

Last edited:

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Once again , they're messing around with people's minds .
I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't pass before summer break .
We've been telling hard cold truth and we were flagged pessimistic , let's move on , if it has to pass before summer break then let it be , if not then it will just confirm once again . It's pointless to stress over a piece of legislation . Liberals have proven to be lost at large .Always the same story , it will be tomorrow , next week , tonight , by the end of ... , canada day 2050
By the way , delays are getting tighter as we go along june .
Guys , lfie is short , i sincerely wish it passes asap , but sometimes politicians aren't worth a lot of trust , especially when it comes down to play with people's emotions.

I agree with you, I think we just need to drop it and enjoy our days! I can bare 4 years, but I can't deal with their stupid mind games anymore! I have better things to do. Couple of days ago somebody responded to Sn Jaffer's tweet and asked her to stop over hyping the C6 and giving people false hope. At the time I found that respond pretty rude (never said anything, just found it rude and out of context), but after days passed by, I think it only made the most sense. Following somebody's tweets will stir your car into more madness.

This being said, I will never lose hope, in any scenario. So stay hopeful but don't let it consume your brain.

Cheers,

Last edited:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Let's admit. There are milions of potential pot smokers and therefore potential liberal voters in this country.

And there are below 200.000 imigrants and potential liberal voters affected negatively by the C-6 delays.

Do your math.

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Let's admit. There are milions of potential pot smokers and therefore potential liberal voters in this country.

And there are below 200.000 imigrants and potential liberal voters affected negatively by the C-6 delays.

Do your math.
ur right, this is in math but in real life quantity does not count, quality is more important. cheers to every single immigrant who left his family and his own country to survive in canada

lilen

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
For me (just me) as a PR, fun of pot and my freedom is more important than a piece of document hehe. So that has more quality for me (just considering me!)
i respect ur opinion:) , but for me this "piece of document" will give me a chance to see my dad who is sick for years and didn't see him, instead of damaging my brain in this "pot"

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
i respect ur opinion:) , but for me this "piece of document" will give me a chance to see my dad who is sick for years and didn't see him, instead of damaging my brain in this "pot"
I hear you my friend. However, Pot does not damage the brain, it cures it. Honestly, I tried pots only once in the UK and I kept laughing for few minutes which is more than the total laughter i had in Canada during the past 2 and half year. For me, pot is now more important than the citizenship after what I have seen in here( personal opinion).

Everyone came to Canada for a reason. Some came for money, passport, Safety, etc.

Last edited:

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Last govt introduced C-24 which made CIC introduce a lot of changes in it's procedures and processes. Now with just first govt change to Liberals, there is a new law C-6 waiting to be finalized. Again this will bring many changes to IRCC ( successor of CIC ) processes and procedures.
What if next election , another party wins the polls and decides to again change the laws for citizenship ? Hence I think that this govt is working on getting all parties on board and pass a bill which will stand for the next 10 years. There must surely be a lot going on behind the scenes.
A bill passed with consensus of all parties, also gives IRCC and related agencies a clear sense of direction.
For those waiting, it is frustrating. But I much rather have the rules fixed which will not be changed with every change of govt. Yes, some tweaks here and there with changing situations but not revamped regulations each time.