+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
could you please just talk abut Bill c-6 .we are here for this topic only. if you have some thing to say about Bill just share your thought

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
If we were to restrict immigration to the people who find a job before landing we would never be able to fill the country's objectives. The Canadian job market is one of the most random things I have ever seen, so subjecting the Canadian immigration policy exclusively to it would be unfair and unrealistic. It's an elitist point of view.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Richard11 said:
could you please just talk abut Bill c-6 .we are here for this topic only. if you have some thing to say about Bill just share your thought
I am sorry, but a 'discussion forum' is a place where we discuss. If the bill keeps being skipped, skipped and then skipped again, I don't see the harm in pursuing some of the discussions this very bill generates.

We started by discussing how we could improve the bill, we shared opinions and disagreed, so we kept discussing our disagreements. But even if this is not tolerated we can keep reporting about the bill being skipped and b*tching on the Senators and their uselessness (it would be too bad).

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
marcher said:
Guys I know we are all bored with the lack of updates regarding Bill C-6. If we will discuss subjects here that relate somehow to the topic, let keep them at a respectful manner and not start making personal attacks or critiques. Debate ideas not individuals. Thanks.
Yes, otherwise this thread too will be deleted like the other one

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
You guys are out of subject and talks about something else. The good things is no one of you making the law who should be Canadian and who not? And all your opinion doesn't count. So basically you wasting your time by argue for nothing. We should focus on bill not everyone opinion......

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
admontreal said:
If we were to restrict immigration to the people who find a job before landing we would never be able to fill the country's objectives. The Canadian job market is one of the most random things I have ever seen, so subjecting the Canadian immigration policy exclusively to it would be unfair and unrealistic. It's an elitist point of view.
Maybe that's exactly what they want -with the introduction of C-24, the number of citizenship application has dropped significantly, and combined with the PR policy,that seems like the obvious conclusion

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
Senate sitting today from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM EST.

Anyone interested in listening to the session go to : http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161207/-1/6405

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
marcher said:
Senate sitting today from 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM EST.

Anyone interested in listening to the session go to : http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/XRender/en/PowerBrowser/PowerBrowserV2/20161207/-1/6405
what's the point of listening to it... in the end it will be skipped anyway, it would be like listening to the recording of a ball game when you already know the final score

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
itsmyid said:
what's the point of listening to it... in the end it will be skipped anyway, it would be like listening to the recording of a ball game when you already know the final score
A recording of a ball game is more entertaining to watch :) even if you know the score.

disha_kaur

Aug 11, 2016
I saw that the previous parliament sessions lasted for 2 years. This parliament session started in Dec 2015, so its possible this session continues in January and then they can keep discussing the pending bills.
I also noticed that many other bills are stuck in their second reading.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
disha_kaur said:
I saw that the previous parliament sessions lasted for 2 years. This parliament session started in Dec 2015, so its possible this session continues in January and then they can keep discussing the pending bills.
I also noticed that many other bills are stuck in their second reading.
That is true. I do not think there is any urgency to complete any bill prior to the end of the party's term. They only have to rush bills that are dependent on some Court decision or some other factor that is time sensitive. They can continue with bill C-6 in 2017, and even stretch it to a couple more years as long as it is resolved before the end of Liberal present term.
You also mentioned a good point many might not be aware of which is the fact the Senators are not ganging up to slow down this bill. There are many other bills in a similar or worse situation. We need to understand that Bill C-6 is very low in the priority hierarchy, and that is why it is receiving minimal support or interest in the Senate. For us in this forum, it is the MOST IMPORTANT bill of all, but that is not the fact for the rest of the people not affected by it; i.e. 99.99999% of Canadians.
The key here is to be patient. If any of you enjoy fishing, this is the same game. You prepare your fishing rod, launch it, and sit and be patient. You could catch one in a minute, or in a few hours, or you may not catch anything at all. There is nothing you can do about it at this stage; unless you move to a different location to fish. I do not think anyone is prepared to immigrate to another country at this stage :)

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
marcher said:
That is true. I do not think there is any urgency to complete any bill prior to the end of the party's term. They only have to rush bills that are dependent on some Court decision or some other factor that is time sensitive. They can continue with bill C-6 in 2017, and even stretch it to a couple more years as long as it is resolved before the end of Liberal present term.
You also mentioned a good point many might not be aware of which is the fact the Senators are not ganging up to slow down this bill. There are many other bills in a similar or worse situation. We need to understand that Bill C-6 is very low in the priority hierarchy, and that is why it is receiving minimal support or interest in the Senate. For us in this forum, it is the MOST IMPORTANT bill of all, but that is not the fact for the rest of the people not affected by it; i.e. 99.99999% of Canadians.
The key here is to be patient. If any of you enjoy fishing, this is the same game. You prepare your fishing rod, launch it, and sit and be patient. You could catch one in a minute, or in a few hours, or you may not catch anything at all. There is nothing you can do about it at this stage; unless you move to a different location to fish. I do not think anyone is prepared to immigrate to another country at this stage :)
pretty good metaphor...Regarding other bills , c6 is suffering just like other bills . An interesting debate could start about whether the senate brings anything valuable or not ..but here that is not the question .
An interesting article about Trudeau's government being one of the worst in terms of legislations passed since they took office : http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/09/17/justin-trudeau-least-productive_n_12066614.html

nsapp

Star Member
Aug 28, 2013
marcher said:
If it was the case that this issue was less important and very little people cared about it, then this would not have been in promises that Justin T made while he was campaigning. Since this matters to a lot of immigrants this was put up in the agenda by Justin T and that is the reason why we are waiting for it to be implemented soon. This is not a "good to have" bill to be passed it is "must have" bill to be passed given it was in promises made. Correct me if I am wrong.

akshatk

Star Member
Sep 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
AOR Received.
28-09-2016
File Transfer...
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
01-05-2016
screech339 said:
Really? Express visa is very popular. They must have been getting job offers. Without it, it is next to impossible to get express visa without it. Otherwise we would be getting lots of anti-trump americans coming in.
who told you that they ask for job offer for express entry ?
some of my friend who are already working here on work permit and even they can't get under cut off score. There is something called LMA, which doesn't mean job offer. LMA increases your points for express entry. Please check some facts, before spreading false information.