+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
nsapp said:
If it was the case that this issue was less important and very little people cared about it, then this would not have been in promises that Justin T made while he was campaigning. Since this matters to a lot of immigrants this was put up in the agenda by Justin T and that is the reason why we are waiting for it to be implemented soon. This is not a "good to have" bill to be passed it is "must have" bill to be passed given it was in promises made. Correct me if I am wrong.
Do not forget that one of the main reasons JT won was because people voted against Harper rather than for JT. Tons of NDP voters voted Liberal just to keep Harper out of the government. Next elections will reflect the real Canadian view. Saying a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian was one of the main phrases that reminded everyone why Harper cannot stay longer; but the promise by itself is not the major reason people elected JT. Like several people mentioned here before, if it was up to the general public, the vast majority would want the citizenship revoking to apply to terrorists even if it is unconstitutional.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
akshatk said:
you must be kidding, it's next to impossible to get job offer while you are outside the canada.
You are wrong! Many closed knits communities for minority groups (don't want to mention any country) have been offering jobs to their country's people mostly exclusively. Jobs are posted only to meet compliance but someone from oversea are selected already! How do you think Express Entry only attracts lopsided applicants from only a number of countries?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
nsapp said:
If it was the case that this issue was less important and very little people cared about it, then this would not have been in promises that Justin T made while he was campaigning. Since this matters to a lot of immigrants this was put up in the agenda by Justin T and that is the reason why we are waiting for it to be implemented soon. This is not a "good to have" bill to be passed it is "must have" bill to be passed given it was in promises made. Correct me if I am wrong.
You are confusing campaign promise with reality ... during campaign they always promise a lot of things but as they are elected you should expect most of the promises won't be fulfilled. The mayor of Toronto promised he won't raise the price of public transit and we had a price increase just a few months into his term, and another increase has been announced and will start in January 2017... even Trump promised he would put Hillary in jail... we all know how that went

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
akshatk said:
who told you that they ask for job offer for express entry ?
some of my friend who are already working here on work permit and even they can't get under cut off score. There is something called LMA, which doesn't mean job offer. LMA increases your points for express entry. Please check some facts, before spreading false information.
Job offers are worth 600 points out of 1200 total points. Without job offers, you are hard pressed to get an express visa against someone who does have a job offer.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Job offers are worth 600 points out of 1200 total points. Without job offers, you are hard pressed to get an express visa against someone who does have a job offer.
I know it works and many people do it, but how can an employer wait for you for several months ? When many employers here press you to start as soon as possible with complete disregard of the notice you should give to your previous employer ?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
admontreal said:
I know it works and many people do it, but how can an employer wait for you for several months ? When many employers here press you to start as soon as possible with complete disregard of the notice you should give to your previous employer ?
That's mainly benefiting people who are already in Canada with work permit - they can pretty much start right away, especially for new graduates with 3-year open work permit

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
That's mainly benefiting people who are already in Canada with work permit - they can pretty much start right away, especially for new graduates with 3-year open work permit
Which is good. I was one of those. But benefited from the Quebec Experience program.
Unfortunately finding a job from outside the country in a fair and transparent process is impossible. Unless you do a mobility transfer within your own company or you are a very very very specialized expert.
To make a link with C-6 (so we wouldn't be told that we are off topic), it's really good that the credit for international students and workers will be reinstated. McCallum called the move to repeal it as 'stupid' in a press conference.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
admontreal said:
Which is good. I was one of those. But benefited from the Quebec Experience program.
Unfortunately finding a job from outside the country in a fair and transparent process is impossible. Unless you do a mobility transfer within your own company or you are a very very very specialized expert.
To make a link with C-6 (so we wouldn't be told that we are off topic), it's really good that the credit for international students and workers will be reinstated. McCallum called the move to repeal it as 'stupid' in a press conference.
I have no issues with those who managed to get a express visa without a job offer so long they accept accountability in their decisions to accepting PR without a job lined up. Don't go complaining about how crappy your job is in Canada or how you were "forced" to take minimum wage jobs or how you "left" a good paying job in home country. This is what happens when you don't have a job lined up.

Employers have the upper hand when they know you are desperate for a job. Whereas if you wait until you have a job offer from an employer while you are on your current job in your country, you have the upper hand.

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I have no issues with those who managed to get a express visa without a job offer so long they accept accountability in their decisions to accepting PR without a job lined up. Don't go complaining about how crappy your job is in Canada or how you were "forced" to take minimum wage jobs or how you "left" a good paying job in home country. This is what happens when you don't have a job lined up.

Employers have the upper hand when they know you are desperate for a job. Whereas if you wait until you have a job offer from an employer while you are on your current job in your country, you have the upper hand.
I agree. You are right about the people who always complain that they left 'something better' in their country, we all know one of them.
Do you think citizenship should be conditional to employment in Canada (I mean that people who are not working should be denied that) ? I read recently that Australia may be moving in that direction.

marcher

Mar 30, 2016
I am listening to the Senate sitting, some senator from Newfoundland is going on about a fishing radio show that was cancelled. What a major issue!

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
marcher said:
I am listening to the Senate sitting, some senator from Newfoundland is going on about a fishing radio show that was cancelled. What a major issue!
No wonder!!

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marcher said:
:D
This is the sitting. I wonder what they talk about during Commitees sessions.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
Bellemare, the ex-Conservative always jump in to either cancel sitting days or adjourn sittings!!!!

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
paid for nothing
Pure definition of laxism
I wonder what would be the outcome of an audit within the senate ?
In more than a year , a very few number of bills were passed , what do they do ? Do they really do what they're supposed to ?