+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
C6 is a horrible bill and SHOULD NEVER BE PASSED! Imagine the floodgate of people applying for citizenship who only stay here 2 years as PR (students, work permits etc), the waiting time will be shot up to 10 years!!!! Please be practical, lobby to kill this bill or at least remove the 3/5 condition as well as counting days before PR for citizenship as it is not fair for those being affected in the last 2 years

AliceL

Mar 9, 2017
deerestlovelybear said:
C6 is a horrible bill and SHOULD NEVER BE PASSED! Imagine the floodgate of people applying for citizenship who only stay here 2 years as PR (students, work permits etc), the waiting time will be shot up to 10 years!!!! Please be practical, lobby to kill this bill or at least remove the 3/5 condition as well as counting days before PR for citizenship as it is not fair for those being affected in the last 2 years
WOW... You do know that Bill C6 doesn't introduce new PR rules but simply reinstate those that were in place before Harper passed Bill C24, right? So Bill C6 is horrible simply because it would delay your citizenship? But it's okay if Bill C24 continues to delay other people's citizenship? How selfless of you.

Lasgidi007

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived.
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued 10-03-2014
LANDED..........
April 2014
deerestlovelybear said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!

Lasgidi007

Jan 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived.
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued 10-03-2014
LANDED..........
April 2014
AliceL said:
WOW... You do know that Bill C6 doesn't introduce new PR rules but simply reinstate those that were in place before Harper passed Bill C24, right? So Bill C6 is horrible simply because it would delay your citizenship? But it's okay if Bill C24 continues to delay other people's citizenship? How selfless of you.
+1

Richard11

Star Member
Apr 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deerestlovelybear said:
please take your pills, or go see your dr as soon as possible

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
deerestlovelybear said:
Exactly your right,
But you know international students spend 10000s per year, they spend 4 + years in Canada to graduate and they obtain Canadian degree, they can easily adapt and get employed

But you as an immigrant new comer, you need to study 2 year minimum, you'll apply for loan, family support etc

You see? international student more qualified than immigrant, they deserve it.

you'll spend 3 years to become citizen while they spend 6 years in Canada

Your an immigrant, in case one of your parent is sick and you must spend more than 180+ days in your home country, then youll need 5 years instead of 4 to be eligible.

It doesn't worth to waste my time to explain to you, actually you can follow c24 rules and apply ;D

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
monalisa said:
But you as an immigrant new comer, you need to study 2 year minimum, you'll apply for loan, family support etc

You see? international student more qualified than immigrant, they deserve it.
Not all "immigrants" have to follow the path you described above, and its ridiculous to say that Graduate International Students are more qualified than new immigrants, as most skilled immigrants have at least a bachelor degree if not higher and 2+ years of experience. For some professions, "international experience" would beat a "canadian degree holder with no with experience" on any given day.

As immigrants we need to have some faith in our education and qualifications...otherwise how are we going to convince a hiring manager if we - ourselves - believe a fresh grad can do better?! :-[

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
emamabd said:
Not all "immigrants" have to follow the path you described above, and its ridiculous to say that Graduate International Students are more qualified than new immigrants, as most skilled immigrants have at least a bachelor degree if not higher and 2+ years of experience. For some professions, "international experience" would beat a "canadian degree holder with no with experience" on any given day.

As immigrants we need to have some faith in our education and qualifications...otherwise how are we going to convince a hiring manager if we - ourselves - believe a fresh grad can do better?! :-[
While I can sympathize with your argument, it is not very practical. You will find that in most professions, without a Canadian degree, it will be quite hard to get noticed and get interviews. If you read up on Trudeau's comments, he says that it is in Canada's interest to keep people already educated in Canada to stay in Canada since they are already adapted to Canadian culture and has solid education credentials. Also these students do not require training in English/French that is offered to and used by a lot of immigrants.
By the time, this student is applying, he/she has a canadian education and likely 2 years of Canadian work experience.

Also this does not just affect international Bachelors students, it affects all everyone with legal status. So people who come to Canada on a work permit or former students on Post Graduate Work permit and refugees are also affected. It only makes sense for Canada to make it easier to get Citizenship for those people who have already been paying taxes and contributing to the economy.

In my case, I am here now for 10 years and I am unable to apply for citizenship due to c24's newer residency requirements.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
_MK_ said:
While I can sympathize with your argument, it is not very practical. You will find that in most professions, without a Canadian degree, it will be quite hard to get noticed and get interviews.
That's fine, you don't have to agree with me, but at least in my case i do not posses a Canadian degree and i'm professionally employed in the same job level which i was before immigrating.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
_MK_ said:
Also this does not just affect international Bachelors students, it affects all everyone with legal status. So people who come to Canada on a work permit or former students on Post Graduate Work permit and refugees are also affected. It only makes sense for Canada to make it easier to get Citizenship for those people who have already been paying taxes and contributing to the economy.

In my case, I am here now for 10 years and I am unable to apply for citizenship due to c24's newer residency requirements.
Trust me, i'm not against that, my initial comment was specifically regarding the statement made that "canadian graduates are more qualified than immigrants"..that doesn't make sense to me.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
The argument of putting international student against other categories of immigrants is actually not that different from the logic of creating 2nd class citizen.... people are in this together and it would not make things any easier if they divide themselves like this

Imadassadi

Mar 13, 2017
Hi Guys,
I am new here, just want to know what makes the day for refugees different from the day for immigrants they both live and settle in canada and pay taxes, attending schools , smelling the same air , etc, also why refugees credited one year only ? Spouse a refugee lived here for a long time before became PR , I know a person who lived here for 8 years before approved to be a PR , he credited only 1 year also his 2 children who came one and 3 years old and know become 9 and 11 years old. They look and speak like Canadians. This not fair and should be discussed among the new amendments. Imgrants are imgrants whether they were refugees or whatever they are . They shouldn't be treated as second class imgrants.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imadassadi said:
Hi Guys,
I am new here, just want to know what makes the day for refugees different from the day for immigrants they both live and settle in canada and pay taxes, attending schools , smelling the same air , etc, also why refugees credited one year only ? Spouse a refugee lived here for a long time before became PR , I know a person who lived here for 8 years before approved to be a PR , he credited only 1 year also his 2 children who came one and 3 years old and know become 9 and 11 years old. They look and speak like Canadians. This not fair and should be discussed among the new amendments. Imgrants are imgrants whether they were refugees or whatever they are . They shouldn't be treated as second class imgrants.
It is not only refugees who would be credited up to one year only under new rules. The same goes for holders or work visa and other visas before becoming PR.