+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

hfinkel

Feb 23, 2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
itsmyid said:
I started on visa myself and could benefit from the credit. I was just saying there's no need to divide ourselves and claim who is more qualified than others, that doesn't help anybody
++++1

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
itsmyid said:
Again, I am not arguing about getting the credit - I want that too. I am only commenting on the statement someone made about student being more deserving of immigration than people came with a PR card
The issue here is that a commentator here insinuated that bill c6 is a bad bill and students should not be allowed to count th days spent in Canada before they became PR. They don't understand that students and refugees, temporary workers have to pay taxes on day one. Therefore it's only fair for them to benefit from days before they became PR towards citizenship. C24 is a reckless and unfair bill.

May 13, 2012
Joshua1 said:
The issue here is that a commentator here insinuated that bill c6 is a bad bill and students should not be allowed to count th days spent in Canada before they became PR. They don't understand that students and refugees, temporary workers have to pay taxes on day one. Therefore it's only fair for them to benefit from days before they became PR towards citizenship. C24 is a reckless and unfair bill.

Dear All,
I am new to this forum, i have a question to ask if someone guide me. If i apply today for Citizenship and give an undertaking that i will reside in Canada and get citizenship, but after Bill C-6 get approval so the undertaking to reside still be valid on me or i can leave Canada and have a job in Dubai.

May 13, 2012
Joshua1 said:

Dear All,
I am new to this forum, i have a question to ask if someone guide me. If i apply today for Citizenship and give an undertaking that i will reside in Canada and get citizenship, but after Bill C-6 get approval so the undertaking to reside still be valid on me or i can leave Canada and have a job in Dubai.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Tariq khan yousafzai said:
Dear All,
The bill will make it as if that line is no longer there. You can go work anywhere you want after you get citizenship.
You can also work anywhere in the world even without this bill. It is protected by Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom.

The "intent to reside" only affects while you are waiting for your application to be approved and you take oath.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Tariq khan yousafzai said:
Joshua1 said:

Dear All,
Some will defer, but it's really simple. According to CIC (and common sense), one C24 is repealed, the provision applies to everyone. "All Canadians are free to move outside Canada. This is a right guaranteed in the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

Imadassadi

Mar 13, 2017
I think we should get the Opportunity of the current amendments and try to email the MP's and the santee to extend the pre-PR days credit period to 2 years instead on one year .

SufferInCan

Star Member
Oct 7, 2016
Imadassadi said:
I think we should get the Opportunity of the current amendments and try to email the MP's and the santee to extend the pre-PR days credit period to 2 years instead on one year .
+++++
Agree. This is the only way that amendments (i.e. delays) would make sense in this critical timing, otherwise, they should forget about the amendments now and introduce them separately.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
SufferInCan said:
+++++
Agree. This is the only way that amendments (i.e. delays) would make sense in this critical timing, otherwise, they should forget about the amendments now and introduce them separately.
And a sure way to cause even more delay in the already much-delayed discussing/passing process

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Imadassadi said:
Good luck with that! and I am sure the all the santee will be happy to hear that too

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Imadassadi said:
You must be joking!!!

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Imadassadi said:
Let's try for full credit why 2 years only. If you pass legal time on Work Permit or Student they must count your days right...

good luck with that

Thanks
Syed

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
Imadassadi said:
LOL I thought I heard them all on this thread but this quote just took things to a whole new level.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
>Sarcasm<

I sent my PR application in 2010. Technically, from that day on I became a Canadian resident at heart. I think they should consider me for citizenship already.