+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best bank to open an account?

rix0065

Star Member
Aug 30, 2012
87
0
^^

In scene credit card u get 5 points for every $ 1 spent

and in scene debit card u get 1 point for ever $ 5 spent

Thats why u can make more points if u have scene credit card
 

shradzsaraf

Hero Member
Jun 29, 2013
261
6
Canada
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
5121
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-08-2013
LANDED..........
05-09-2013
hell911 said:
^
do you think i should have chosen the scene credit card for 4000 points, then after 1 month, will change to cashback card? :D

and i dont think u can get 2-3 movies per month w/o scene credit card, coz right now, im using my debit card, only got 250 points in a month. :(
Yes I have a scene credit card as well. I guess its alright either ways.
 

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
65
0
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
Did any of you guys have a hard time activating your SCENE credit card? I've been activating mine today for a few hours, but it says error.
 

sabby2612

Hero Member
Mar 14, 2013
929
36
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Call the toll free number and talk to rep he/she will activate it for u after verification ...
 

humdrumdum

Hero Member
Jul 19, 2013
202
11
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (VAC, Paper-based)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
Med's Request
05-08-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-08-2013
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
No, actually it's the same for BOTH debit and credit card:

1 point for every $1 spent on all purchases
5 points for ever $1 spent on purchases made in Cineplex theatres

You only get points faster because of the 2,000-pt bonus you get after making your first purchase within 60 days.
For the debit card, you only get 1,000 pts bonus.

rix0065 said:
^^

In scene credit card u get 5 points for every $ 1 spent

and in scene debit card u get 1 point for ever $ 5 spent

Thats why u can make more points if u have scene credit card
***

@HopefulAngel: Just call the toll free number and you'll have to verify yourself by answering the security question. :) Then you're done! hehe
 

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
65
0
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
Thanks Sabby and Humdrumdum! Let's go hit the movies! :D
 

sabby2612

Hero Member
Mar 14, 2013
929
36
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HopefulAngel said:
Thanks Sabby and Humdrumdum! Let's go hit the movies! :D
sure, why not but yeah except the fact there aren't any good movies at the moment. waiting for runner runner and thor.
 

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
65
0
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
sabby2612 said:
sure, why not but yeah except the fact there aren't any good movies at the moment. waiting for runner runner and thor.
Oh, yeah? I haven't checked yet. I've been busy doing school stuff since I got here. The last movies I saw were We're The Millers and Elysium. haha Thanks anyways!
 

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
1,352
31
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alright, just got my Learn Visa Credit Card through mail! ;D

---------------------------
i went to activate my card, there is an option

Would you like cheques with this account?**
should i pick YES or NO? are cheques important to a student?
 

sabby2612

Hero Member
Mar 14, 2013
929
36
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I never needed one... But let's see what's others say on this...
 

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
4,108
161
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
hell911 said:
alright, just got my Learn Visa Credit Card through mail! ;D

---------------------------
i went to activate my card, there is an option

should i pick YES or NO? are cheques important to a student?
cheque for credit card account? i would say no.....i dont even need cheques for regular bank accounts but i do everything online so if u prefer cheques its a different story
 

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
1,352
31
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i already declined it yesterday, saw a couple of articles about cheques, i got scared. ;D
 

hell911

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
1,352
31
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
few days ago, i applied for Scotiabank Learn Credit Card, i already got the card.. so today i received another mail from scotiabank about "scotia credit card protection enrolment"

i didnt applied for this insurance, they automatically sent me this mail.

should i stay with this insurance or cancel it?

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,3053,00.html
http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,113,00.html
http://www1.scotialifefinancial.com/slf/en/0,,5095,00.html
 

HopefulAngel

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
65
0
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Makati City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-20-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2013
hell911 said:
few days ago, i applied for Scotiabank Learn Credit Card, i already got the card.. so today i received another mail from scotiabank about "scotia credit card protection enrolment"

i didnt applied for this insurance, they automatically sent me this mail.

should i stay with this insurance or cancel it?

http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,3053,00.html
http://www.scotiabank.com/ca/en/0,,113,00.html
http://www1.scotialifefinancial.com/slf/en/0,,5095,00.html
The first month of the insurance is supposed to be free. I did sign up for it in August, but I changed my mind last month and cancelled it. Check the benefits first on the booklet they mailed you, then decide :)