+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
mikko008 said:
It indeed is wasting money and time...Contacting CIC is a valid way to find out, but make sure to get information from several different CIC call centre agents cuz some of them really don't know what they are doing ;D
Yep! You so so so right on that. One may 'A' another will say 'Z'. They have screwed me over a couple of times

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Georgesand said:
Hello everyone. Usually before each draw, does BC PNP website have an outage??

Looking forward to another draw... :)
That seems to be a valid pattern ;D

iamnothere

Nov 24, 2016
Hi everybody!

Could you please advice on my situation. I got a Job Offer in Vancouver as a Software Engineer. My company will apply for PR via EE after 6 month, but I would like to apply earlier.

Theoretically, I could apply for EE earlier, but the problem is that I will get 'some special type of LMIA without my name on it'. This makes me not eligible for EE, or a least drops my points significantly (even after the changes). So, my idea is to apply for BC PNP. How much points will I get? I've count between 130 and 140, which gives me some chance to be invited for PR.

Question 1: How long does it take to get BC PNP comparing to EE? I mean, does it make sense to apply or just wait 6 month?
Question 2: Am I guaranteed to be invited for PR if I get 135 point?
Question 3: BC PNP allows job offer without named LMIA, correct?

Thank you!

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
mikko008 said:
That seems to be a valid pattern ;D
LMAO! I actually have that thought too! Because I so remember there was an outage on October 27th, and I submitted my application on the same day, got selected on October 28th. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lionheart2

Aug 30, 2015
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I'm confused about how express entry & provincial nominee work.
If I got nominated under Skill Immigration - International Graduate category now, can I apply "Federal Express Entry" to get my PR? Will I get additional 600 point with the current nomination certificate I have obtained? Thanks
[/size][/size][/size]

beckham05

Nov 22, 2016
Chibuz said:
how long did you have it before it expired?

why did you allow it expire? Had plans of going for EE BC?
It's expiring in about a month. There's is some problem with my documents and I will travelling so there's nothing much I can do. I didn't know I'll be eligible for EE so soon ( Poor immigration knowledge) . Can I reapply or not, considering there's no quota in my category I guess??

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
lionheart2 said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]I'm confused about how express entry & provincial nominee work.
If I got nominated under Skill Immigration - International Graduate category now, can I apply "Federal Express Entry" to get my PR? Will I get additional 600 point with the current nomination certificate I have obtained? Thanks
[/size][/size][/size]
Hello,

No, you will not get 600 extra points for having a NON-EE PNP nomination certificate (in your case, Skill Immigration - International Graduate category). This is the reason why the EEBC streams exist! After you got nominated through the Non-EE Skill Immigration stream, you can only submit your PR application by mail to IRCC.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Rochellelee said:
LMAO! I actually have that thought too! Because I so remember there was an outage on October 27th, and I submitted my application on the same day, got selected on October 28th. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
So the positive correlation definitely exists! :D

iamnothere

Nov 24, 2016
mikko008 said:
Hello,

No, you will not get 600 extra points for having a NON-EE PNP nomination certificate (in your case, Skill Immigration - International Graduate category). This is the reason why the EEBC streams exist! After you got nominated through the Non-EE Skill Immigration stream, you can only submit your PR application by mail to IRCC.
What does it mean "only by mail"? Is it faster then EE? Are you guaranteed to get the PR?

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
iamnothere said:
What does it mean "only by mail"? Is it faster then EE? Are you guaranteed to get the PR?
"only by mail" means you have to submit your Paper-Based application through mail to the Nov Scotia Visa office, in contrast to to the ONLINE submission approach under EEBC after you get nominated.

If you want to obtain the extra 600 points through BCPNP and Express Entry at the federal stage, you need to apply for one of the EEBC streams at the PNP stage and get nominated. In order to be eligible to apply under a EEBC stream, you need to meet BOTH of the requirements for regular BCPNP application AND the requirements for Express Entry (one of the FSWP, FSTP, and CEC) application.

At the provincial stage, the processing time for regular BCPNP (Skills Immigration) streams and EEBC are the same. But at the federal level, the PR application submitted through EEBC will be processed so much faster than that submitted through regular PNP class. EEBC takes 6 months at the federal stage while regular PNP takes 16 months now.

There is no Guarantee that you will for sure get your PR should you choose either stream...But for the regular PNP streams, you don't need to submit as many documents at the federal stage as EE applicants.

newboys

Nov 26, 2016
lionheart2 said:
[/size][/size][/size]
hi,

There maybe better options for you. What is was your degree in?

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!
Just wondering if any october applicant under eebc-intl graduate got their nomination certificate?