N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Chibuz said:
Can you provide me a link with this info? Because looking at point 12 here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf, it says

'Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies: ' My NOC is 2111 which is skill level A.

Doesn't the above statement suggest I'm exempted from having to sit for a language test? I could be wrong.

Further, I sent the email below to BC PNP:

Do international postgraduates applying under Skills immigration stream (https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/International-Post-Graduate) require to take the IELTS exam to make a paper application to CIC after getting nominated by the province?

This was their reply:

Thank you for your email.

The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is the Province’s only direct economic immigration tool for bringing in new British Columbians. The program allows the province to select a limited number of prospective immigrants and nominate them for permanent residence. The BC PNP’s Skills Immigration stream aims to attract skilled workers for B.C. employers seeking to fill in-demand jobs. Research has shown that language proficiency can contribute to an individual’s successful economic establishment and integration. Certain BC PNP categories require you to demonstrate a specific level of language proficiency.

Under the “Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate” category language proficiency requirements are not asked for. For more details on this category please see pages 22 and 23 of the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.

However, that if you apply under the Express Entry British Columbia stream, you will have to meet the minimum language criteria of one of the federal economic programs.

For detailed information about language requirements, please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.

Thank you for your interest in the BC Provincial Nominee Program.

So from the above information and point 12 in the link I provided, I think it is safe to conclude that the test is not required.
You can search the key word 'Document Checklist [IMM 5690] (PDF, 395.04 KB)' on google, and it will lead you to the most updated Federal-level PR application document checklist for all applicants under Provincial Nominee Class (regardless which province and which stream). At item 12, although it states:

"Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territory Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under NOC skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following agencies:

-IELTS
-CELPIP
-TEF

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

Now, there are two different ways to interpret the quote above.

1. Prior to July 1, 2012, only PNP applicants with a profession that falls under NOC 0,A, and B are required to provide language results; NOC C and D applicants are not required to submit language results. However, since July 1, 2012, most applicants with all NOC level jobs are required to submit language result. ---> In this case, you will need to submit a language result.

2. Prior to July 1, 2012, none of the PNP the applicants need to submit a language result. However, since July 1, 2012, most NOC C and D applicants have to submit a language result, but no such requirement is imposed to NOC 0, A, and B applicants.

Which interpretation would you rather to choose? I'll definitely choose the first one. --->In this case, you do not need to submit a language result.

I think it'll be safer to provide one than not. I think what the BCPNP meant in their repose letter is that under your BCPNP STREAM, you are not asked to provide a language results, despite the fact that you mentioned clearly in your question that you are asking about the federal level's requirements...they do this kind of things all the time: not answering the question. In fact, they cannot answer any questions related to the Federal-level requirements, since it is not their responsibility and is is probably beyond their knowledge capacity.

To me, I always believe that when ten applications are present in front of an immigration officer, they are more likely to approve the ones that have an outstanding English test results, given that the application volume is so large now and that they DO have a rejection quota that they need to follow...

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
tantantan said:
I totally agree with you, because the adviser told me that she has to let her supervisor make the final decision.So I`ll just wait.....
One more question please..
If I fail this time, it is possible to reapply again with the same job tittle and same employer? just when fill the job offer form, choose no foreign language requirement. It that work? or what can I do if this application fail?
You can try using the same NOC and everything else the same except for answering the language requirement question differently, but we wouldn't know if it'll work... In fact, you should stay optimistic until you hear the results, because from my point of view, solely by the language thing itself should not result in rejecting your case, there gotta be other better reasons/excuses to use if they want to fail you.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Rochellelee said:
hi all! i have to submit an explanation letter about the legal name different of my company, where should i attach or upload the explanation letter? or i have merge the explanation letter with the company information? thank you in advance!
you can just combine it with the company information document!

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Rochellelee said:
Thanks mikko! Your really an angel!
That's very flattering :D :p

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
I think this is going to be the last question I have for my documents preparation.

After my employer hired me a year ago, till these 2 weeks, my employer started posting a job positions,but only for part time, because including me, quite a few people are going for vacation, that's why he posted the job position. Only 1, and it's part time position.

So regarding this, there's a question on the job offer from, have any active recruitments? So my boss should say yes or no?

Thank you in advance!!!!

tantantan

Nov 19, 2016
mikko008 said:
You can try using the same NOC and everything else the same except for answering the language requirement question differently, but we wouldn't know if it'll work... In fact, you should stay optimistic until you hear the results, because from my point of view, solely by the language thing itself should not result in rejecting your case, there gotta be other better reasons/excuses to use if they want to fail you.
You`re right, I need to think positive about the case because other documents of mine should be fine.
Just hope they would give me result soon, it`s really suffering now.
But I`ll let you know what things are going on, it`s such a tough case.
Thanks again Mikko ;)

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
tantantan said:
You`re right, I need to think positive about the case because other documents of mine should be fine.
Just hope they would give me result soon, it`s really suffering now.
But I`ll let you know what things are going on, it`s such a tough case.
Thanks again Mikko ;)
It is tough and a not very common situation...Thanks for sharing with us by the way!

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
IMA77 said:
Hi, Simpson85!
May I ask you when did you apply?
Thank you!
Sure you can! :)

I applied on November 3rd 2016.

Looks like they are already processing my application, but I'm obviously stuck because of "recruitment validity" issue mentioned a couple of posts before.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Simpson85 said:
Hey guys,

my employer has just informed me that BC government contacted them regarding my PNP application. They are requiring my employer to provide evidence that they have properly searched the Canadian/local marketplace for candidates that may be able to meet expectations for the role.

The issue has probably arisen because they left two fields in the Job Offer Form blank: number of days the position was vacant and number of applications received.

Do you think, from experience, that there is any chance they will be able to prove the validity of their recruitment process? If so, any advices?

Thanks so much in advance!
Hi Simpson85,

Did your employer actually conducted active recruitment activities such as posting job ads online? If they did, they could make screenshots of the webpages. Usually the officer would assume the employer did satisfy the recruitment effort requirement once they see the ads screenshots; same rule for employer applying for LMIA. But I don't understand why did they leave blanks on he job offer form... That really complicates things up. Btw, did your employer check 'yes' or 'no' when answering the question "Has active recruitment taken place in Canada for this position"?

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
mikko008 said:
Hi Simpson85,

Did your employer actually conducted active recruitment activities such as posting job ads online? If they did, they could make screenshots of the webpages. Usually the officer would assume the employer did satisfy the recruitment effort requirement once they see the ads screenshots; same rule for employer applying for LMIA. But I don't understand why did they leave blanks on he job offer form... That really complicates things up. Btw, did your employer check 'yes' or 'no' when answering the question "Has active recruitment taken place in Canada for this position"?
Hey mikko, thanks so much for your reply!

Yes, they did - the ad was on their website and Stack Overflow (not sure if general public is familiar with it, but for any developer it is like a bible) for at least one month, if not even longer. I'm also not sure why it was so hard to write those two number, since the ad was standing for >14 days, which is a requirement, and they for sure had applicants.

Fortunately, they have checked "yes" for the question you mentioned and clearly described the steps and situation in the fields below.

So, you'd say that posting screenshots of the webpages might be good enough as a proof? I'm sure there is log or something for the job poster, even if the ad is inactive - I don't think it's immediately deleted from the database.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Simpson85 said:
Hey mikko, thanks so much for your reply!

Yes, they did - the ad was on their website and Stack Overflow (not sure if general public is familiar with it, but for any developer it is like a bible) for at least one month, if not even longer. I'm also not sure why it was so hard to write those two number, since the ad was standing for >14 days, which is a requirement, and they for sure had applicants.

Fortunately, they have checked "yes" for the question you mentioned and clearly described the steps and situation in the fields below.

So, you'd say that posting screenshots of the webpages might be good enough as a proof? I'm sure there is log or something for the job poster, even if the ad is inactive - I don't think it's immediately deleted from the database.
I think it could be sufficient enough, but please also try other methods if applicable. When your employer write the response letter/email/phone call, they can attach the job ads screenshots and maybe a confirmation letter from the website to prove the recruitment activity if possible. Please also make sure that those two questions that were previously left blank in the job form are also answered this time. This is the least they can do to try to solve the problem...

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
mikko008 said:
I think it could be sufficient enough, but please also try other methods if applicable. When your employer write the response letter/email/phone call, they can attach the job ads screenshots and maybe a confirmation letter from the website to prove the recruitment activity if possible. Please also make sure that those two questions that were previously left blank in the job form are also answered this time. This is the least they can do to try to solve the problem...
I'll advise them like that - it definitely makes sense. Thank you very much once again!

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
mikko008 said:
You can search the key word 'Document Checklist [IMM 5690] (PDF, 395.04 KB)' on google, and it will lead you to the most updated Federal-level PR application document checklist for all applicants under Provincial Nominee Class (regardless which province and which stream). At item 12, although it states:

"Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territory Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under NOC skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following agencies:

-IELTS
-CELPIP
-TEF

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

Now, there are two different ways to interpret the quote above.

1. Prior to July 1, 2012, only PNP applicants with a profession that falls under NOC 0,A, and B are required to provide language results; NOC C and D applicants are not required to submit language results. However, since July 1, 2012, most applicants with all NOC level jobs are required to submit language result. ---> In this case, you will need to submit a language result.

2. Prior to July 1, 2012, none of the PNP the applicants need to submit a language result. However, since July 1, 2012, most NOC C and D applicants have to submit a language result, but no such requirement is imposed to NOC 0, A, and B applicants.

Which interpretation would you rather to choose? I'll definitely choose the first one. --->In this case, you do not need to submit a language result.

I think it'll be safer to provide one than not. I think what the BCPNP meant in their repose letter is that under your BCPNP STREAM, you are not asked to provide a language results, despite the fact that you mentioned clearly in your question that you are asking about the federal level's requirements...they do this kind of things all the time: not answering the question. In fact, they cannot answer any questions related to the Federal-level requirements, since it is not their responsibility and is is probably beyond their knowledge capacity.

To me, I always believe that when ten applications are present in front of an immigration officer, they are more likely to approve the ones that have an outstanding English test results, given that the application volume is so large now and that they DO have a rejection quota that they need to follow...
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. My occupation falls under NOC A that is why I am very particular about it. In principle, if they follow up on what the statement actually means, I should be eligible without the English test.

I just wana skip this test. I feel its a waste of my time and money ;D . I will call up CIC tomorrow. In another email the PNP officer sent me, I was encouraged to contact CIC personally.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Chibuz said:
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. My occupation falls under NOC A that is why I am very particular about it. In principle, if they follow up on what the statement actually means, I should be eligible without the English test.

I just wana skip this test. I feel its a waste of my time and money ;D . I will call up CIC tomorrow. In another email the PNP officer sent me, I was encouraged to contact CIC personally.
It indeed is wasting money and time...Contacting CIC is a valid way to find out, but make sure to get information from several different CIC call centre agents cuz some of them really don't know what they are doing ;D