+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

wawawa

Jan 2, 2016
Hi Guys, I submitted my bc-ee-pnp application on Nov 13 and my work permit will be expire at the end of Dec. Does anyone have idea whats the processing time would be? Not sure the processing time estimate on website was updated. Thanks :)

YoungKid

Nov 28, 2016
I have a question about BC PNP for the express entry skilled worker program.

I just got invited to apply for the BC PNP under express entry BC - Skilled Worker. They gave me 104 points. I am confused by one of the conditions that says, "Experience in a related occupation at a NOC skill level equal to or greater than the NOC code of the B.C. job offer may also be included if, at the time of application, you can satisfactorily demonstrate how this work experience is directly related."

Here is my situation, I am applying with a job offer under NOC 2142 but my experience is based on NOC 2212 and NOC 9417 because I was progressively promoted from lower positions to a higher position(my current post.) Does that mean, I don't qualify for the skilled worker BC PNP? If yes, is there any BC nominee program that I can apply for? Moreover, they gave me 10 bonus points for related experience and 6 points for more than 2 years of work experience. I am really confused by this. Would you advice me to just risk it and send in an application?

Thank you so much for your anticipated help.

Anis1990

Sep 27, 2016
logan7712 said:
Hi!
Just wondering if any october applicant under eebc-intl graduate got their nomination certificate?
I applied on October 13 and have not heard anything from them. But my friend applied earlier this Nov and he got his nomination. What's your NOC code?

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anis1990 said:
I applied on October 13 and have not heard anything from them. But my friend applied earlier this Nov and he got his nomination. What's your NOC code?
Hi!
my NOC code is 1241. what's your profile BTW?

Anis1990

Sep 27, 2016
logan7712 said:
Hi!
my NOC code is 1241. what's your profile BTW?
My is 1311. It falls in B category. Seems like applications in 0 and A are getting priority. I have two friends applied in A category after me and they have got their nominations. one of them got in like 6 days.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Anis1990 said:
My is 1311. It falls in B category. Seems like applications in 0 and A are getting priority. I have two friends applied in A category after me and they have got their nominations. one of them got in like 6 days.
I feel that at this point of time, the BCPNP officers assess applicants in the order of their registration score and English proficiency test score.

logan7712

Star Member
Jan 4, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mikko008 said:
I feel that at this point of time, the BCPNP officers assess applicants in the order of their registration score and English proficiency test score.
Hi!
that is just pure speculation. i don't know what criteria or order they follow but my guess would be first come, first serve basis for majority of the applications.

Anis1990

Sep 27, 2016
logan7712 said:
Hi!
that is just pure speculation. i don't know what criteria or order they follow but my guess would be first come, first serve basis for majority of the applications.
I dont think so its first come first serve. What I think its completely depends on the officer.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Rochellelee said:
LMAO! I actually have that thought too! Because I so remember there was an outage on October 27th, and I submitted my application on the same day, got selected on October 28th. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for the observation lol
Usually, do they announce the outage one day before the actual outage, or is it within the same day? Still waiting for the next draw :)

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
logan7712 said:
Hi!
Could be...really can't tell 8)

Jack877

Nov 30, 2016
Hi Everyone. I really need your advice. I recently applied for the BC PNP nomination under the Skilled Immigration: International Graduate and I am awaiting the result. However, I just realized that the Skilled Immigration: International graduate category falls under the Non EE stream which implies that I will submitting a paper based application for the PR application. I read that this takes up to 16 months.
The unfortunate thing about this is that my current work permit expires in Jan 2018 which is less than 16 months from now. My thinking before now was that once I get nominated, I'll be able to use it to apply on the Express entry program.

As it is now, I don't know what to do. Either to withdraw my application and re register under the EE BC international graduate stream. or is there a way around this. please give me your candid advise. Thanks

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Jack877 said:
Hi Everyone. I really need your advice. I recently applied for the BC PNP nomination under the Skilled Immigration: International Graduate and I am awaiting the result. However, I just realized that the Skilled Immigration: International graduate category falls under the Non EE stream which implies that I will submitting a paper based application for the PR application. I read that this takes up to 16 months.
The unfortunate thing about this is that my current work permit expires in Jan 2018 which is less than 16 months from now. My thinking before now was that once I get nominated, I'll be able to use it to apply on the Express entry program.

As it is now, I don't know what to do. Either to withdraw my application and re register under the EE BC international graduate stream. or is there a way around this. please give me your candid advise. Thanks
You can apply bridging open work permit once your paper application to CIC is accepted, AOR received and your work permit is expiring in 4 months, if you don't want to withdraw your non-EE application.

If you want to withdraw your non-EE application, just withdraw and apply again under EE category.

If you do qualify either category, you are free to choose any of them, even for non-EE category has a way to extend your work permit until your PR application is finalized.

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
Does anyone know if BC PNP will continue smoothly once this year ends? I read that the government has announced 2017 quota but I am not sure if the provinces have received their 2017 allocation. I am afraid it will pause for six months like Ontario :-[

eqrkim

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
EE BC Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Aug 17
IELTS Request
Sep 01
Med's Done....
Sept 01 (Med Pass)
Hello,

Just out of curiosity.
Can anyone share the average time to get a nomination after AOR?
Are the timeline of SI PNP and EEBC similar?

My EE BC Nomination timeline is as below;
International Graduate Category

EE BC ITA - Apr 8, 2016
EE BC AOR - May 4, 2016
Nomination - Jul 21, 2016