+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

tantantan

Nov 19, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply!!! It was really helped. But my job tittle is not translator or interpreter, it`s Gas station supervisor(I`m not sure the NOC code) and I double checked the job description, unfortunately there aren`t any duties to indicate that this job need to be fluent in Chinese.
As you mentioned, my boss did the explanation letter and provided the information said, only required the supervisor to be fluent in Chinese to take direction from the boss and be able to relay it to the staff,customers and sales reps. I called the PNP officer, but she said they just consider about the occupation requirement not consider about business need. but my other documents are ok, so she will give my case to her supervisor to make the final decision.
And I have not gotten any response, so I`m worried about my result. I thought it will be a big possible to fail :'( :'( :'(

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet (Inland Applicant)
Chibuz said:
To apply for the SI international Postgraduate I don't need the English test.

However, after getting nominated and ready to make the paper application to CIC, do I need the English test? I mean is the test part of the requirement I have to submit to CIC when I make the paper application.

Thanks
Yes, at the federal level, all pnp applicants need to submit their language results. Sorry for the confusion!

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Chibuz said:
how long after getting a nomination is the applicant given to make a paper application to CIC?
6 months. The pnp conformation of nomibation letter expires in 6 months.

mikko008

Feb 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-OCT-2016
Doc's Request.
4-NOV-2016
Nomination.....
10-NOV-2016
AOR Received.
13-APR-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
01-03-2018
Med's Done....
05-03-2018
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
tantantan said:
Thank you so much for your reply!!! It was really helped. But my job tittle is not translator or interpreter, it`s Gas station supervisor(I`m not sure the NOC code) and I double checked the job description, unfortunately there aren`t any duties to indicate that this job need to be fluent in Chinese.
As you mentioned, my boss did the explanation letter and provided the information said, only required the supervisor to be fluent in Chinese to take direction from the boss and be able to relay it to the staff,customers and sales reps. I called the PNP officer, but she said they just consider about the occupation requirement not consider about business need. but my other documents are ok, so she will give my case to her supervisor to make the final decision.
And I have not gotten any response, so I`m worried about my result. I thought it will be a big possible to fail :'( :'( :'(
yea...that's what i worried about too... cuz pretty much all the immigration officers (provincial and federal) take the NOC guideline on the IRCC/ESDC website as the Bible when assessing applicants' job duties and job requirement...so as long as there's anything that doesn't match, it's not very likely to succeed...they have too much discretion power....

tantantan

Nov 19, 2016
mikko008 said:
yea...that's what i worried about too... cuz pretty much all the immigration officers (provincial and federal) take the NOC guideline on the IRCC/ESDC website as the Bible when assessing applicants' job duties and job requirement...so as long as there's anything that doesn't match, it's not very likely to succeed...they have too much discretion power....
I totally agree with you, because the adviser told me that she has to let her supervisor make the final decision.So I`ll just wait.....
One more question please..
If I fail this time, it is possible to reapply again with the same job tittle and same employer? just when fill the job offer form, choose no foreign language requirement. It that work? or what can I do if this application fail?

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
mikko008 said:
Yes, at the federal level, all pnp applicants need to submit their language results. Sorry for the confusion!
Can you provide me a link with this info? Because looking at point 12 here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5690E.pdf, it says

'Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies: ' My NOC is 2111 which is skill level A.

Doesn't the above statement suggest I'm exempted from having to sit for a language test? I could be wrong.

Further, I sent the email below to BC PNP:

Do international postgraduates applying under Skills immigration stream (https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/International-Post-Graduate) require to take the IELTS exam to make a paper application to CIC after getting nominated by the province?

This was their reply:

Thank you for your email.

The BC Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is the Province’s only direct economic immigration tool for bringing in new British Columbians. The program allows the province to select a limited number of prospective immigrants and nominate them for permanent residence. The BC PNP’s Skills Immigration stream aims to attract skilled workers for B.C. employers seeking to fill in-demand jobs. Research has shown that language proficiency can contribute to an individual’s successful economic establishment and integration. Certain BC PNP categories require you to demonstrate a specific level of language proficiency.

Under the “Skills Immigration – International Post-Graduate” category language proficiency requirements are not asked for. For more details on this category please see pages 22 and 23 of the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.

However, that if you apply under the Express Entry British Columbia stream, you will have to meet the minimum language criteria of one of the federal economic programs.

For detailed information about language requirements, please refer to the BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC Program Guide.

Thank you for your interest in the BC Provincial Nominee Program.

So from the above information and point 12 in the link I provided, I think it is safe to conclude that the test is not required.

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
Hey guys,

my employer has just informed me that BC government contacted them regarding my PNP application. They are requiring my employer to provide evidence that they have properly searched the Canadian/local marketplace for candidates that may be able to meet expectations for the role.

The issue has probably arisen because they left two fields in the Job Offer Form blank: number of days the position was vacant and number of applications received.

Do you think, from experience, that there is any chance they will be able to prove the validity of their recruitment process? If so, any advices?

Thanks so much in advance!

beckham05

Nov 22, 2016
Just a quick question guys. I got my BC PNP approved under SI - International post-graduate and it's expiring soon. I will also be eligible for EE-International Post-Graduate category by that time. So does anyone know if I can reapply BC PNP in different category??

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
beckham05 said:
Just a quick question guys. I got my BC PNP approved under SI - International post-graduate and it's expiring soon. I will also be eligible for EE-International Post-Graduate category by that time. So does anyone know if I can reapply BC PNP in different category??
how long did you have it before it expired?

why did you allow it expire? Had plans of going for EE BC?

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
mikko008 said:
From my understanding, as long as you left and re-enter Canada, you should indicate them in the application. For example, in my case, I first came to Vancouver in 2008 and have been living here until the present time but went back home to visit several times in between; so I still told them the date (check the stamps on your passport) and reason (i.e. resuming my studies in Canada) for each time I left and re-enter Canada (I remembered they asked for the last three times or so).
thank you very much for your reply! i have already input the last 3 visits information, either 2 of them are about i was traveling to U.S. :D but thank you for all the information! :)

Rochellelee

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
hi all! i have to submit an explanation letter about the legal name different of my company, where should i attach or upload the explanation letter? or i have merge the explanation letter with the company information? thank you in advance!

Simpson85

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Croatia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-12-2016
AOR Received.
13-02-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-01-2017
I have found in the Program Guide in the meantime that BC accepts recognized job sites (it was Stack Overflow + company website in my case) and that the job posting needs to be advertised for at least 14 days (which was also true in my case). I don't know how many applicants they had nor there is any visible minimum requirement in the Program Guide.

Did anyone had a similar experience? Help, please.

Simpson85 said:
Hey guys,

my employer has just informed me that BC government contacted them regarding my PNP application. They are requiring my employer to provide evidence that they have properly searched the Canadian/local marketplace for candidates that may be able to meet expectations for the role.

The issue has probably arisen because they left two fields in the Job Offer Form blank: number of days the position was vacant and number of applications received.

Do you think, from experience, that there is any chance they will be able to prove the validity of their recruitment process? If so, any advices?

Thanks so much in advance!

IMA77

Jun 23, 2015
Simpson85 said:
my employer has just informed me that BC government contacted them regarding my PNP application.
Hi, Simpson85!
May I ask you when did you apply?
Thank you!