CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
BA2LAMAZ said:
Hey guys, I have some questions that I would really appreciate if answered in details. Here is my backstory:

I graduated from one of the universities in Aug. 2014 (senate letter dated Sept. 2014). I have been at a NOC B job since August 2015 (I know, I lost one year in irrelevant jobs :( ). On the bright side, I almost at my one year benchmark for Express Entry (yay!). My job is a contract position valid till Aug. 2016 but with possibilities of extension but it might likely be for another year, like my colleagues with PGWP. Now my concerns are:

1. Can I apply for BC PNP with a job letter that says my duties, wage, etc but does not have the word "permanent" on it (I'm full time btw)
2. Do I need to wait for one full year before I can apply?
3. Does my employer need to back me up for BC PNP or I can just upload my necessary documents?
4. When I used the checklist, my total points was 81 (if I complete one year it will be 83) and minimum points for international graduate is 105. Is there any chance of getting nominated with this?

Thank you.
1. You can apply but both BC PNP and CIC require you to maintain status at the time of application
2. If you apply now, you can apply regular BC PNP which is a paper application at CIC stage that takes at most 15 months. If you apply when you have one year experience, you can go through BC PNP EE which only 6 months at Federal part.
3. You need to upload all documents and BC PNP will call your employer to verify the information.

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
truckdriver said:
I got ITA on 8 April and submitted the application yesterday. Same as you, my LMIA also says 50 hrs of duty and the job offer says 60 hrs. Also, in the meantime they increased my salary from originally 23.5$ to 24$ (they did this for the whole company, not just for temporary foreign workers).

So I uploaded both job offers, to be safe.

The Job Offer Form says 24$, 60hrs, but the annual wage they put is lower than 24$*60*52 (52 is number of weeks in a year, when I was registering I figured the online system automatically calculated points for wage based on that equation). When I divide the annual wage with 24$, I get 55hrs of work. So now am biting my nails and waiting to see how they interpret it.

I also submitted a Trade Certificate from my home country, although really it has nothing to do with truck driving - it wouldn't, as there is no required education for that in Canada. So, biting my nails on that one too, see if they recognize it. I don't have Canadian equivalent for that, submitted a request to ITA to verify it but still no response from them.

My lawyer says PNP expects to clear backlog by mid May. His guess is they will invite at least 150 truck drivers this year. He also believes they will lower the minimum score, soon. He guesses they will not go below 85.

My application is definitely among the first, from truck drivers. I am anxious whether they decide to be very strict now in the beginning, and relax by the end of the year. I might end up refused at this point, only to see others same or "worse" than me accepted at the end of the year. But let's wait and see.

Do not worry. I think you are safe enough.

My husband got 88 and with the WES verification he will have 92. By July he will have 102 (12th month of employment), so it looks good for us now and I believe we will get invited.

Do not bite your nails, I think they will not be that strict. Everyone of us have some dilemmas and things that are not fully crystal clear.

They refer to the job offer the most, not the LMIA. It is good you put everything as on the job offer and good you uploaded both of them later on.

I think you will be fine. Good luck!!!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
wicaact said:
1. You can apply but both BC PNP and CIC require you to maintain status at the time of application
2. If you apply now, you can apply regular BC PNP which is a paper application at CIC stage that takes at most 15 months. If you apply when you have one year experience, you can go through BC PNP EE which only 6 months at Federal part.
3. You need to upload all documents and BC PNP will call your employer to verify the information.

Thanks so much Wicaact. I think I will just wait till August before I apply. My biggest concern is that there I saw on the BCPNP websites for employers to fill. Is that only specific to LMIA jobs or every employer has to fill that?

ZIUI

Apr 25, 2016
yelenah said:
ZIUI, I found something.

"Hello there , I read about BC PNP - skill immigration for international students. there is one of its condition ,

Your occupation must be classified as Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification Matrix.

there can be this also,

If your current occupation is classified as Skill Level C or D and if your employer can demonstrate that there is a structured plan in place for your career progression to an occupation classified as Skill Level 0, A or B, you can apply to the PNP. In this case, you will also need to submit the results of a language proficiency test."

Are you an International student? My semi-skilled occupation is a truck-driver and I'm applying under SI Entry level and semi skilled category.
Thank you for your reply, yes, I applies under international graduate. I am an accounting clerk.
already waited for 16 months.
Last week, the HR and I got an email from PNP office for extra doc to demonstrate the progression plan of my career. however, the HR manager just simply replied that the company will support me after I got nominated, which is no plan at all. I am not sure what to do now.
and you can add me to the group 250 581 1620

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
HI All,

i am applying for BCPNP under Express entry stream (since i got an invitation to apply).
however my employer is based in Vancouver, and my client is in Montreal (Quebec). so i work in both places, i go to client site and work 2 weeks at there and 2 weeks in Vancouver (at employer site).
so in the job offer form should i mention to places in working location field or only Vancouver because my employer is located in Vancouver.
can you kindly suggest me about this. i have only 1 weeks left to apply for my PNP.

Thanks & Regards

uxmania

May 3, 2016
Hi guys,

I registered to BC PNP with my current salary and then I received a small increment in my salary. I have an offer letter of the previous salary and a letter of employment for the current job. Now when I submit my application, should I provide both of the these documents and then leave a note explaining the issue? Please advise.

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
uxmania said:
Hi guys,

I registered to BC PNP with my current salary and then I received a small increment in my salary. I have an offer letter of the previous salary and a letter of employment for the current job. Now when I submit my application, should I provide both of the these documents and then leave a note explaining the issue? Please advise.
No , just provide the updated document, in which just write the current salary and say, he/she is working since (dd-MMM-yyyy) and number of hours, permanent full time position.

newtoforum2

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
uxmania said:
Hi guys,

Yes dont worry about explaining anything, just provide with the updated document.

Nreddy

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hello everyone,

can anyone kindly suggest me, if i already applied for Ontario PNP, am i not entitled to apply for BC PNP.
i have got an invite to apply for BC PNP under International graduate stream, but i already applied for ONINP since they send me a P/T request.
please kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks & Regards

bskap

May 17, 2015
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2016
AOR Received.
04-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-08-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Nreddy said:
Hello everyone,

can anyone kindly suggest me, if i already applied for Ontario PNP, am i not entitled to apply for BC PNP.
i have got an invite to apply for BC PNP under International graduate stream, but i already applied for ONINP since they send me a P/T request.
please kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks & Regards
When you got an ITA?