+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadia jalil said:
hello friends, I registered recently for BC PNP with NOC 1211..Administrative supervisor,this job code has 20 points, I am short of points that's 105 in my case. next month I'm completing 1 year of work experience and I requested my employer to change me designation, he agreed to do after a month, making it administrative officer that can earn 30 points. I'm bit confused if its the right direction..? next month I would have to re register after completion of one year experience in BC..what should I do please give me some advice as I am very worried, I am international graduate from two years masters program. Thanks
Hi sadia, if you have recently graduated from a B.C. post-secondary institution with a master’s or doctoral degree in the natural, applied or health sciences, you may be eligible for the EEBC – International Post-Graduate category.

I'm not familiar with the job title in your company, but is administrative officer position higher than administrative supervisor in your organizational structure? I would not be too worried about your job title/responsibilities since it seems to me like both positions will be rewarding to your career. If your priority is to get a permanent resident status and you want to play it safe, then change your designation to the one that gives you more points. It seems like you have a great employer who cares about your situation so that's great.

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ramsay,

EEBC - International Graduate category is strictly for NOC 0, A and B. NOC C and D are not eligible to register under this category.
I can't tell you which one will give you a better chance to get your permanent residency, but I know EE applications are prioritized in both provincial and federal levels.

Cheers

Worriedapplicant

Feb 11, 2016
Hi guys, i am a truck driver and i applied for bc pnp, i have 2 years experience and i did ilets and got 7.5 bands and i applied to bc pnp and for my category i need 95 points but i only got upto 89 points when i put in my application, will i have chance to get an invite?? :( i hope so

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Worriedapplicant said:
Hi guys, i am a truck driver and i applied for bc pnp, i have 2 years experience and i did ilets and got 7.5 bands and i applied to bc pnp and for my category i need 95 points but i only got upto 89 points when i put in my application, will i have chance to get an invite?? :( i hope so
Hey Worriedapplicant, BC PNP just introduced to point system this year. We do not have any reference to judge how many points are "enough".
But 89 points are not too far off from the guaranteed invitation score, which is 95 in your case. I would say just wait for BC PNP to do a few draws and what is a good score to get invited. I hope you get invited in the first draw ;)

By the way, we have a tracker spreadsheet. If you want to join us in this spreadheet, please send me your profile info.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bwDe5nXpTLUkb2_9fYZVGPSr_BKXplp0n6O_RltVJSQ/edit?usp=sharing

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yansenwong said:
Hi sadia, if you have recently graduated from a B.C. post-secondary institution with a master’s or doctoral degree in the natural, applied or health sciences, you may be eligible for the EEBC – International Post-Graduate category.

I'm not familiar with the job title in your company, but is administrative officer position higher than administrative supervisor in your organizational structure? I would not be too worried about your job title/responsibilities since it seems to me like both positions will be rewarding to your career. If your priority is to get a permanent resident status and you want to play it safe, then change your designation to the one that gives you more points. It seems like you have a great employer who cares about your situation so that's great.
Thanks Yanseng...My situation is very different I'm a mature student and Ive no points for age that's why I cant qualify for Express Entry under CEC..as I'm completing one year work next month..Im taking care of all office matters and I have one administrative assistant under me, I haven't graduated from specific health related program, my degree is masters of administration in global health and many students from my class applied through employer. I'm at an administrative post that's of management kind, to match the NOC job code my employer is agreed to help me, but my consultant is saying once your application is submitted your data is safe even if you withdraw, as next month I'm completing one year so my employer is willing to do that...I'm so worried,,,i worked so hard now I don't want to lose over a mistake...please suggest me what should I do...will be grateful

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yansenwong said:
Hey Worriedapplicant, BC PNP just introduced to point system this year. We do not have any reference to judge how many points are "enough".
But 89 points are not too far off from the guaranteed invitation score, which is 95 in your case. I would say just wait for BC PNP to do a few draws and what is a good score to get invited. I hope you get invited in the first draw ;)

By the way, we have a tracker spreadsheet. If you want to join us in this spreadheet, please send me your profile info.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bwDe5nXpTLUkb2_9fYZVGPSr_BKXplp0n6O_RltVJSQ/edit?usp=sharing
hello..your spreadsheet is for express entry...do you have any track for the BCPNP opened recently?

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadia jalil said:
Thanks Yanseng...My situation is very different I'm a mature student and Ive no points for age that's why I cant qualify for Express Entry under CEC..as I'm completing one year work next month..Im taking care of all office matters and I have one administrative assistant under me, I haven't graduated from specific health related program, my degree is masters of administration in global health and many students from my class applied through employer. I'm at an administrative post that's of management kind, to match the NOC job code my employer is agreed to help me, but my consultant is saying once your application is submitted your data is safe even if you withdraw, as next month I'm completing one year so my employer is willing to do that...I'm so worried,,,i worked so hard now I don't want to lose over a mistake...please suggest me what should I do...will be grateful
What do you mean by "[...] but my consultant is saying once your application is submitted your data is safe even if you withdraw"?
Why do you want to withdraw your application once it is submitted?

I can't give you any suggestion of what you should do. Because either or, you're still eligible to register.
It's your choice whether you want to change your position and earn 10 extra points or stay at your current position.

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadia jalil said:
hello..your spreadsheet is for express entry...do you have any track for the BCPNP opened recently?
The spreadsheet is for BC PNP, which has 10 different categories:

• Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker
  • Skills Immigration - Health Care Professional
  • Skills Immigration - International Graduate
  • Skills Immigration - International Post-Graduate
  • Skills Immigration - Entry Level and Semi-Skilled
  • Skills Immigration - Northeast Pilot Project
  • Express Entry BC - Skilled Worker
  • Express Entry BC - Health Care Professional
  • Express Entry BC - International Graduate
  • Express Entry BC - International Post-Graduate

Meet Patel

Feb 12, 2016
Hi, I just joined.I am post graduate and I submitted BCPNP profile on 8th feb and got 65 points under 6211 NOC. Is it possible to get invitation?
please add me to whatsapp group
647-779-9469

Georgesand

Oct 22, 2013
I am also not sure about the difference between "Express Entry: International Graduate" and Skills Immigration: International Graduate".

For the skills immigration, is it NOT express entry? Meaning it has nothing to do with express entry. You just need a job offer in BC and enough points to be invited?

I am a Masters student and do not have work experience yet (So I am not qualified for Express Entry). But I can still apply for the Skills Immigration: International Graduate? Also, I will be graduating in June and will start to work from that time. Will the quotas be fulfilled by then? :-[

Thank you everyone

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
yansenwong said:
What do you mean by "[...] but my consultant is saying once your application is submitted your data is safe even if you withdraw"?
Why do you want to withdraw your application once it is submitted?

I can't give you any suggestion of what you should do. Because either or, you're still eligible to register.
It's your choice whether you want to change your position and earn 10 extra points or stay at your current position.
Thanks Yanseng for reply...I have one more concern..if my designation changes to higher post ,from supervisor to manager, than there is one more question ,BC PNP scored for directly related work experience, I'm not sure if supervisory experience of one year is directly related to the office manager job? if its not related and they ask for managerial experience, than the points I earned by another NOC code will be lost there, there is no one to answer them properly, I'm so worried..dont want to complicate things :(

Serenity

May 18, 2013
I submitted application for BC PNP. I didn't upload 2 correct documents. How do I correct this? I uploaded the original job offer instead of the signed one and my picture is not according to specification. Does anybody have similar experience? How do I rectify these? Thanks

yelenah

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
Serenity said:
I submitted application for BC PNP. I didn't upload 2 correct documents. How do I correct this? I uploaded the original job offer instead of the signed one and my picture is not according to specification. Does anybody have similar experience? How do I rectify these? Thanks
Hi, Serenity!

When you submit an application, you cannot change anything in it anymore. The only thing you can do is (that is if you haven't been invited or anything, so there will no harm done) delete your registration form and start a new application.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
Hi guys, on Saturday I met two PNP officers at WelcomeBC booth in Lansdowne Centre Richmond, they said they are still working on the backlogs(one said he just worked on several Dec 2014 cases) and expect to have a first draw for 2016 applicants around May.

sadia jalil

Star Member
May 5, 2013
Hello friends,
My job designation is administrative supervisor, I get 20 points under this category, my job belongs to office and job description match to office administrator as well, can I change my job designation from supervisor to administrator under the same category? I met PNP officer he said you can change under same NOC category but cant switch from one to other or your work experience in that category will be zero...what should I do? my consultant is giving me wrong suggestions after pocketing the half fee:(