+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

Kyjs

Feb 28, 2016
Thank you so much yansenwong, and for those two categories, when the draw happens, do they belong to different categories or they are the same?

I had two years coop experience, but it only counts to bcpnp, not eecec.
My current score is 119 (passing 105 for international graduate)
I can only apply for skills not for ee, am I right?
Do you have some advise for my situation?

Thank you

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kyjs said:
Thank you so much yansenwong, and for those two categories, when the draw happens, do they belong to different categories or they are the same?

I had two years coop experience, but it only counts to bcpnp, not eecec.
My current score is 119 (passing 105 for international graduate)
I can only apply for skills not for ee, am I right?
Do you have some advise for my situation?

Thank you
Kyjs,

Yes, coop work experience cannot be counted towards work experience in Federal level. Please see this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=394&top=29
So if you don't have any work experience other than the coop work terms you mentioned, unfortunately you're not eligible to apply under Express Entry stream.

With regards to counting your coop experience as work experience in your BC PNP profile, I'm not totally sure. I couldn't find any statement saying that you can't use coop experience. But personally I don't count my own 16-months of coop experience in my profile, just to be safe. You might want to email BC PNP office to clarify this.

By the way, congrats on your high score.

Cheers,
Yansen

RoyZhang

Feb 29, 2016
I've gotten nomination this afternoon after the website maintenance. I applied my EEBC post graduate on Jan 27th, so it took me 33 days. :)

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RoyZhang said:
I've gotten nomination this afternoon after the website maintenance. I applied my EEBC post graduate on Jan 27th, so it took me 33 days. :)
That's good to hear! Congratulations to you. And thank you for sharing your info with us. We really appreciate it.

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
Is the BC PNP for International Post Graduates closed temporarily? (I am talking about the stream which DOES NOT require a Job offer.)

I had read that in 2013, BC PNP made this stream (Intl Post graduates) a permanent stream in their PNP.

Q1.) But now, I read people saying that its closed temporarily. What does that mean?? Does it mean that the quota for applications is filled for 2016 year, OR that this stream is suspended? (In the BC PNP website, this stream is still showing up)

Q2.) Also, based on this situation, is is better to opt for a Masters in public university from BC or no?

I also read that BC PNP system is now points based like EE.

So Q3). Do the international post graduates get additional points as per this particular stream?

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollercoaster said:
Is the BC PNP for International Post Graduates closed temporarily? (I am talking about the stream which DOES NOT require a Job offer.)

I had read that in 2013, BC PNP made this stream (Intl Post graduates) a permanent stream in their PNP.

Q1.) But now, I read people saying that its closed temporarily. What does that mean?? Does it mean that the quota for applications is filled for 2016 year, OR that this stream is suspended? (In the BC PNP website, this stream is still showing up) It was closed from September 2015 until late January 2016 because BC PNP had reached their quota for the year of 2015. It is open again now.

Q2.) Also, based on this situation, is is better to opt for a Masters in public university from BC or no? According to BC PNP Program Guide, your master's or doctoral degree must be from an eligible BC post-secondary institution. Please read the BC PNP program guide and refer to page 21 for Skills Immigration - International Post-Graduate or page 42 for Express Entry BC - International Post-Graduate. You can download the program guide from this page: http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/About-the-BC-PNP/Documents.aspx

I also read that BC PNP system is now points based like EE.

So Q3). Do the international post graduates get additional points as per this particular stream? If you apply under Skills Immigration - International Post-Graduate or Express Entry - International Post-Graduate, you basically skip the registration process, and go directly to the application stage. The scoring system is used in the registration stage. So, the scoring system is not applicable for these 2 categories.
Hey rollercoaster,

Please see above for my answers.

Cheers,
yansenwong

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoanneDV said:
Hello Everyone,

May I ask what are the criteria or qualification to be able to apply for BC PNP?
Hi JoanneDV,

Please read the BC PNP Program Guide carefully. You can download the guide from this page: http://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate/About-the-BC-PNP/About-the-BC-PNP/Documents.aspx

Cheers,
yansenwong

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
yansenwong said:
Hey rollercoaster,

Please see above for my answers.

Cheers,
yansenwong
Thanks yansenwong.
I think there are a lot of 'caveats' and 'if's' in the BC PNP International POST graduate stream :-X. Can you please advise on these -

1. This stream is tied to EE. So, even though a job offer is NOT required, a valid work experience of atleast 1 year IS REQUIRED. That defeats the whole purpose for me. I cannot hope to apply for PNP straight out of my master's program (without any canadian work ex). Am I right? :(
(Btw, is previous international work experience (in home country) considered here ? Or it should be strictly canadian work ex? Considering FSW and/or CEC class..)

2. The list of all approved programs (Bachelors/Masters/Doctors) in BC is given at - aved.gov.bc.ca/psips/public/report/recommendationsDecisions.faces
This list omits many master's programs from 'public, post secondary' universities (for eg. MSc in Comp Sci from UNBC). Does this mean that an applicant from such a course is not eligible for post graduate stream? (Even though the university is a Public Post Secondary Institution AND the field of study i.e. 'computer science' - is included in the list of eligible applied science fields). This is very confusing :'( .Please advice.

3. What exactly do we need to show as a proof of our intention to stay in BC (as our ties with BC) ? Here again, is a job-offer the MOST important deciding factor?

yansenwong

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rollercoaster said:
Thanks yansenwong.
I think there are a lot of 'caveats' and 'if's' in the BC PNP International POST graduate stream :-X. Can you please advise on these -

1. This stream is tied to EE. So, even though a job offer is NOT required, a valid work experience of atleast 1 year IS REQUIRED. That defeats the whole purpose for me. I cannot hope to apply for PNP straight out of my master's program (without any canadian work ex). Am I right? :(
(Btw, is previous international work experience (in home country) considered here ? Or it should be strictly canadian work ex? Considering FSW and/or CEC class..)
If you do not have any work experience inside or outside Canada, you may be eligible to apply under Skills Immigration - International Post Graduate category, but not Express Entry BC. If you have at least 1 year of full-time work experience outside Canada, you may still be eligible to apply under Express Entry - Federal Skilled Worker Program. For more details, you can refer to this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

2. The list of all approved programs (Bachelors/Masters/Doctors) in BC is given at - aved.gov.bc.ca/psips/public/report/recommendationsDecisions.faces
This list omits many master's programs from 'public, post secondary' universities (for eg. MSc in Comp Sci from UNBC). Does this mean that an applicant from such a course is not eligible for post graduate stream? (Even though the university is a Public Post Secondary Institution AND the field of study i.e. 'computer science' - is included in the list of eligible applied science fields). This is very confusing :'( .Please advice. Please consult with BC PNP directly for this matter.

3. What exactly do we need to show as a proof of our intention to stay in BC (as our ties with BC) ? Here again, is a job-offer the MOST important deciding factor?
This is taken from BC PNP Program Guide:

You must provide evidence that you intend to live and work in B.C.

This evidence may include:

- the length of any previous and/or current period of residence in B.C.
- your connections to B.C. through work, study or family
- a description of any actions you’ve taken to permanently settle in B.C., such as finding a job or place to live

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
I received my nomination today.

I need to update my application to indicate my post doc work in Computer Science currently. I do not know what NOC code to use though, any help would be much appreciated !

Also, I really hope they accept my RA and TA work as my 1 year work experience..

Yogivrun

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Hi
My spouse is computer engineer with 1.5 year foreign experience in “B” level category.
Right now she is working in “B” category in alberta. she has 7 months "B" category canadian experience in her field job.
She has 5 celpip score.
Anyone know that which province has PNP program for this special category?
I want PNP in just 2 months. Because my work permit expires in next 4 months. I already applied for AINP on 24th February but still I didn’t get file number. So, I don’t think that AINP would work for me.
I am in canada from last 4 years and i have Diploma degree from canadian collage. i have 1 year experience for "B" category job. and my express entry score is 451.
My score is 7 in celpip
Any suggestion please…

please suggest me Any Current Or upcoming fastest province PNP Program which can give PNP in 10 days or in 3 months

francish

May 6, 2015
Hello, I have completed my online application but it does not allow me submit because it does not accept my Express Entry profile number and date nor my job seeker validation code, not my ranking score. I have checked and it is correct in CIC but it does not work here. Did anyone else experience this? Any solutions?

Please add me to the whatsapp group +12502169512

Please help.