+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bad news for TFW under food service processing their LMO

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
stopDA said:
Dude, your average Canadian won't give a flying toss about Dan Kelly. They're so biased against TFWs because of CBC and its anti-TFW journalism.
True. Media, uff they are always like this in any country. They try to create sensational news and on top of it, they try to control the govt decision. If they can deliver the judgement and rules, why do need govt at all. Same is the case with tfw. I have been using google news on hourly basis to find out the latest happenings. The topic tfw never goes out of lime light in Canadian websites.

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
zardoz said:
"Few" is one of those delightful English words that actually means nothing quantitative at all. It could mean "three" (because it's more than a "couple") or it could mean many more (when compared with government planning schedules of years...).
Guessing is very good game when it comes to this case. My guess and gut feeling is that the changes will be announced by end of this month. I have learnt that kenney is very aggressive minister. So I don't think he will keep quite for months. However, the rules he might bring may be harsh for foreign workers. This is just my opinion.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Intocanada said:
Guessing is very good game when it comes to this case. My guess and gut feeling is that the changes will be announced by end of this month. I have learnt that kenney is very aggressive minister. So I don't think he will keep quite for months. However, the rules he might bring may be harsh for foreign workers. This is just my opinion.
I just read a few hours ago that he's thinking of increasing advertising times and processing fees for obtaining an LMO. Apparently, $275 and 4 weeks advertising isn't enough for him. As for this review, if he doesn't make a decision by the end of this month, then I'd really have to say that he's dragging his feet. Two weeks is still a bit early, but my expectations are more along the lines of 3 - 4 weeks with the 22nd being the latest date. But I'll be a bit more generous and give him until the end of the month before I can safely say that he's dragging his feet and screwing around in regards to lifting this moratorium.

I wonder if Service Canada is just like the US Securities and Exchange Commission when it comes to priorities and time management at their jobs. Do they spend the bulk of their time doing their jobs or do they spend most of it watching prurient internet videos like the SEC did during the 2008 financial crisis? Maybe this would explain why it takes so long to get LMOs nowadays.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
I just read a few hours ago that he's thinking of increasing advertising times and processing fees for obtaining an LMO. Apparently, $275 and 4 weeks advertising isn't enough for him. As for this review, if he doesn't make a decision by the end of this month, then I'd really have to say that he's dragging his feet. Two weeks is still a bit early, but my expectations are more along the lines of 3 - 4 weeks with the 22nd being the latest date. But I'll be a bit more generous and give him until the end of the month before I can safely say that he's dragging his feet and screwing around in regards to lifting this moratorium.

I wonder if Service Canada is just like the US Securities and Exchange Commission when it comes to priorities and time management at their jobs. Do they spend the bulk of their time doing their jobs or do they spend most of it watching prurient internet videos like the SEC did during the 2008 financial crisis? Maybe this would explain why it takes so long to get LMOs nowadays.
Nah, I suspect that Mr. Kenney is doing his best and trying his hardest to get back to business as usual. It's just really hard to be sure of anything when the entire LMO process and moratorium review process occurs behind closed doors. The wait would certainly be a lot easier if we had a general idea of the underlying dynamics governing overall decisions and processing/review times. Sorry if I came off as a bit of a jerk lately with my posts, but this moratorium really caused me a whole lot of serious trouble and did a lot of damage. All the hate directed at foreign workers in recent weeks didn't prove to be of much consolation to this issue.

gforce12345

May 9, 2014
hello!!! i have quesTion i got my passport with visa and approved letter from (CIC) last month.... i just want to know if i arrived in the port of entry
is it possible that i can get my work permit.. :'( :'(

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
Dude, your average Canadian won't give a flying toss about Dan Kelly. They're so biased against TFWs because of CBC and its anti-TFW journalism.
I agree most Canadians have a very unfavouriable idea of the program. What do you expect when for the past 4-5 years all we have heard about the program is reports of Canadians being replaced by TFW, TFW being abused by Employers, and the Canadian government failing at every step to do anything about. In fact the Harper Government has increased the numbers of TFW in unskilled positions and gone to court to fight agaisnt Canadian workers and in favour of corrupt law-breaking corporations! It's completely shameful how the Government has handled this issue.

But you won't blame Harper for anything. He is a an angel. It's all the CBC faults for reporting the news.

And now Jason Kenney makes it even worse by suspending the program for restaurants in a thoughtless panic. He has known about all these issues for AT LEAST 4-5 years and did nothing. He even knew about cases of human-trafficking in the program and did nothing. But now suddenly too many news-stories come out so he panics like a buffon.

The TFW program is a disaster. Don't blame the newspapers for that. Blame the people whose job it is to run it.

Unless you think the government is doing a great job running the program and enforcing the rules. Which would be laughable.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
kafka khaos said:
I agree most Canadians have a very unfavouriable idea of the program. What do you expect when for the past 4-5 years all we have heard about the program is reports of Canadians being replaced by TFW, TFW being abused by Employers, and the Canadian government failing at every step to do anything about. In fact the Harper Government has increased the numbers of TFW in unskilled positions and gone to court to fight agaisnt Canadian workers and in favour of corrupt law-breaking corporations! It's completely shameful how the Government has handled this issue.

But you won't blame Harper for anything. He is a an angel. It's all the CBC faults for reporting the news.

And now Jason Kenney makes it even worse by suspending the program for restaurants in a thoughtless panic. He has known about all these issues for AT LEAST 4-5 years and did nothing. He even knew about cases of human-trafficking in the program and did nothing. But now suddenly too many news-stories come out so he panics like a buffon.

The TFW program is a disaster. Don't blame the newspapers for that. Blame the people whose job it is to run it.

Unless you think the government is doing a great job running the program and enforcing the rules. Which would be laughable.
I agree with everything you said. the TFW program has been a disaster and needs to be revamped entirely to only allow the marginal number of educated, highly skilled TFW's to continue to migrate to Canada.

I'm very amused at the attitudes on this forum. On threads like this, people like the conservatives for the TFW program which encourages people to move to Canada, but on other threads, they hate the conservatives because they view them as anti-immigration (Bill c-24, etc.). It seems like you just can't win!

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kafka khaos said:

oh yeah, well why won't CBC stick to reporting the news objectively instead of being biased in favor of scrapping the entire program. Whenever they try to report on the other side of the story, they always stuff the article with their opinions about how the program is so bad, and they continue to perpetuate myths about the program in order to mold public opinion against the program. Plus, I'm tired of them referring to foreign workers as "imports" as if we're inanimate disposable objects. For crying out loud, we're human beings just like you.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
stopDA said:
oh yeah, well why won't CBC stick to reporting the news objectively instead of being biased in favor of scrapping the entire program. Whenever they try to report on the other side of the story, they always stuff the article with their opinions about how the program is so bad, and they continue to perpetuate myths about the program in order to mold public opinion against the program. Plus, I'm tired of them referring to foreign workers as "imports" as if we're inanimate disposable objects. For crying out loud, we're human beings just like you.
Is there any media outlet that reports objectively anymore?

aquablue

Mar 20, 2013
@maling
he applied nov 2013 in VFS abu dhabi and they told him that application submitted to VFS will only take 4-6 months processing.
Application will be on its 6 month on May 24, 2014. They give him a tracking number too. Then after that he can call or email VFS regarding his visa.

did you directly submit your application in canadian embassy-abu dhabi? if directly, it will take 7-8 months processing.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sandritta said:
Does this moratorium only on fast food and restaurants? What about hotels?
No, it doesn't affect hotels.