Bad news for TFW under food service processing their LMO

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maling said:
that means 2 more months of waiting... :(
This is ridiculous. Both ESDC and CIC need to get their damn acts together. Why do they always have to drag their feet with everything? LMOs, study permits, work permits, moratoriums, etc. Too much foot-dragging and not enough action. What will it take to get them to stop dragging their feet with stuff? Oh, I know, all it takes is for the media to start grilling them about their policies. That's why this moratorium hit us restaurant workers so fast. But you'll never see average Canadians complaining about immigration processes being too cumbersome. You'll also never see Canadians enticing their government to help improve conditions in other countries so that people won't feel the urgent need to move to theirs for a better life.

Singham

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
CHANDIGARH
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
hope so
AVM@ My appli is unique, lets wait and watch. Anyway brother I did not get any notification by AUH visa office about to hold my appli or any news like. May be it is still under process. Its almost 6 month. Lets pray for all.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Singham said:
AVM @ My appli is unique, lets wait and watch. Anyway brother I did not get any notification by AUH visa office about to hold my appli or any news like. May be it is still under process. Its almost 6 month. Lets pray for all.
I highly doubt that they're still processing your application. All LMOs for food service are frozen at the moment and CIC has completely stopped processing such applications until the moratorium is over. If your work permit hasn't been approved yet, then you won't be getting it until the moratorium is lifted.

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
stopDA said:
I highly doubt that they're still processing your application. All LMOs for food service are frozen at the moment and CIC has completely stopped processing such applications until the moratorium is over. If your work permit hasn't been approved yet, then you won't be getting it until the moratorium is lifted.
@ StopDA- you are correct.
Employment ministry frozen not only food sector applications but also whole service sector applications.

@Singham- I think you have to wait until the moratorium is over.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
avm said:
Employment ministry frozen not only food sector applications but also whole service sector applications.
Where did you get this idea? That's NOT what the web site says.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml

Effective immediately, ESDC will no longer process LMOs for occupations in the Food Services Sector.
List of all Sales and Services Occupations (Skill type 6 based on NOC-2006) affected under the Food Services Sector only

avm

Mar 2, 2013
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
File Transfer...
N/A
zardoz said:
Where did you get this idea? That's NOT what the web site says.

http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/lmo_ref/index.shtml
@zardoz: As per my knowledge above link saying that food, retail , cleaning, accommodation industry(service sector) comes under moratorium.

kafka khaos

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
stopDA said:
Nice try, but I've seen all those comments that speak of us as cheap, third-world, poor, trashy imports. I highly doubt that they're using that term in a non-offensive manner. Even during my job search, I encountered such attitudes where some of my potential employers and recruiters alike spoke to me like cheap, useless garbage as if they're all better than me simply because I wasn't born in their country. Obviously, I'm not working for those people and I found a few respectful employers willing to sponsor me before this moratorium. Up until now, I thought that attitudes like those were the exception, but sadly it's turning out to be the norm with all these borderline racist comments.
I'm sure there are racist people. But using the term "imported labour" is not inherently racist, and i doubt many Canadian used it to be offensive.

As far as people thinking they are better than you. Yes, they likely do. Just as the guy driving the mercedez thinks he's better than the guy driving the honda. It's a stupid aspect of human nature. You can either get down in the mud with those people, and become no better than them, or you can rise above it all. Being overly sensitive to every comment is ultimately not helpful for yourself.

SeanDame

Star Member
Jan 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2015
Doc's Request.
23-11-2015
AOR Received.
01-11-2015
IELTS Request
10-11-2015
Passport Req..
03-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
10-05-2016
At least one province is acting to end this situation...

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2014/05/11/quebec-wants-exemption-from-moratorium-on-temporary-foreign-workers-program/

I hope the rest of the provinces will follow Quebec.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SeanDame said:
At least one province is acting to end this situation...

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2014/05/11/quebec-wants-exemption-from-moratorium-on-temporary-foreign-workers-program/

I hope the rest of the provinces will follow Quebec.
From my understanding, some other provinces are already voicing their concerns about the moratorium. Quebec seems to be the only one that's making serious headlines though. Hopefully these pleas from provincial governments will result in the moratorium being lifted soon, preferably within the next 7 - 10 days. The busy summer season starts on Victoria Day which is only one week away, so Kenney will have to act fast if he wants to appease Quebec.

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
stopDA said:
From my understanding, some other provinces are already voicing their concerns about the moratorium. Quebec seems to be the only one that's making serious headlines though. Hopefully these pleas from provincial governments will result in the moratorium being lifted soon, preferably within the next 7 - 10 days. The busy summer season starts on Victoria Day which is only one week away, so Kenney will have to act fast if he wants to appease Quebec.
I hope so I also read that news about quebec-temporary foreign worker...stopDa I am following you here in forum did you get your LMO already?coz mine I got it but in alberta and its on process my work permit

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iammikeywithy said:
I hope so I also read that news about quebec-temporary foreign worker...stopDa I am following you here in forum did you get your LMO already?coz mine I got it but in alberta and its on process my work permit
Yes, I got my LMO but I can't even use it until this moratorium is over. My job's in food service.

I guess that we'll see how it goes in the next 7 - 10 days. As the busy summer season draws near, there will be mounting pressure on Jason Kenney to lift this moratorium. In fact, this is already happening in Quebec. This might prompt Kenney to hurry up with his review so that restaurants can get back to business. Or he just might tell Quebec to sod off and give them the proverbial middle finger. There's no telling what will happen, and this really irks me.

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well guys, so much for Quebec making any headway. I came across a news article which says that Kenney has "no immediate plans to lift the ban, in Quebec or anywhere else":

http://www.baytoday.ca/content/news/national/details.asp?c=61893

Now I really wonder how long this moratorium will last. We may be in for months of this.

adees

Star Member
Dec 3, 2013
I would like to know , since i already have the contract and lmo last april 2 it was submitted in the canadian embassy ... Do you think my application has been affected my the moratorium ? My agency here in philippines told me that my application will still continue until it will be completed , but im so confuse

iammikeywithy

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 5, 2014
AOR Received.
July 8 2014
Med's Request
July 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
july 28, 2014
stopDA said:
Yes, I got my LMO but I can't even use it until this moratorium is over. My job's in food service.

I guess that we'll see how it goes in the next 7 - 10 days. As the busy summer season draws near, there will be mounting pressure on Jason Kenney to lift this moratorium. In fact, this is already happening in Quebec. This might prompt Kenney to hurry up with his review so that restaurants can get back to business. Or he just might tell Quebec to sod off and give them the proverbial middle finger. There's no telling what will happen, and this really irks me.
We need more patience but like you I have no patience waiting for this to lift but I/we have no choice but to wait ..what do you think stopDa about this? What is your estimated days you think that they will have an answer for this? :'( I hope my canadian dream will still happen after waiting for 10months just for LMO. :'(